Even though I'm unbanned, I still can't send messages due to past behavior

Discus and support Even though I'm unbanned, I still can't send messages due to past behavior in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was communication banned on 6-26-17 and console banned on 6-27-17 , the communication ban ended on 7-9-17 and the console ban ended on 7-11-17. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SX5 Acid, Jul 13, 2017.

1. SX5 Acid
    SX5 Acid Guest

I was communication banned on 6-26-17 and console banned on 6-27-17 , the communication ban ended on 7-9-17 and the console ban ended on 7-11-17. I have no active bans right now but I still can't communicate on Xbox one. I try to send a message but it says
    you can't do this because of past behavior.

:)

SX5 Acid, Jul 13, 2017
  2. Can't send messages due to past behavior?

I try to send a message but I can't because of "past behavior"... Which is odd seeing as how this is a fresh account and I haven't sent any messages nor have I used voice chat.

My reputation level says I haven't received any complaints.

CrunchySoupBite, Jul 13, 2017
  3. "Can't send messages due to past behavior."

I've been getting a message cannot be sent error when trying to send messages on xbox live for about 3 months, I figured it would resolve itself and I found a workaround and just used the website to send messages but now when I use the website it says "Due
    to past behavior you are unable to send messages.".

I don't understand because I checked my enforcement status and the only offenses are from 2010, and 2012 which have been dealt with. I also searched my email and I don't have any email notifying me of a suspension.

What steps can I take to fix this because its absolutely infuriating, being unable to respond to friends.

Trippy Reptar, Jul 13, 2017
  4. ltgwilliams
    ltgwilliams Guest

Hey SX5 Acid,

Try removing the account from the console, doing a hard restart of the console, and then re-add the account to see if that clears up the issue.

ltgwilliams, Jul 13, 2017
  5. Dysruptz
    Dysruptz Guest
    You have a device privilege suspension for communication and it has a duration of 60 days

Dysruptz, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Dysruptz Win User

You have a device privilege suspension for communication and it has a duration of 60 days
  7. ltgwilliams Win User

Hey SX5 Acid,

Try removing the account from the console, doing a hard restart of the console, and then re-add the account to see if that clears up the issue.
  8. OK Fowl Win User

Can't send messages due to past behavior?

Sorry, but no one here on the forums can address issues dealing with enforcement actions. Also The Enforcement team no longer uses the forums.

You will need to visit Xbox's enforcement page to find out any information about your current case.

Here are some links that might be useful for future reference.

Link 1:
    https://enforcement.xbox.com

Link 2: https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5

Link 3: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/enforcement-on-xbox-live

Link 4:
    https://enforcement.xbox.com/Enforcement/ShowEnforcements

Link 5:
    http://enforcement.xbox.com/home/staysafe#topic0

Link 6:
    http://enforcement.xbox.com/home/howto#sub-topic0-6
  9. Mister Beep Win User

"Can't send messages due to past behavior."

Hey Reptar,

Could you post back with the following information? That will help us understand the issue and go from there!

1. Which specific error code and message do you receive when trying to send a message?:

2. Does similar issues occur within the Xbox app? (If you can, please try messaging on the Xbox app on Windows 10, Windows Phone 10, iOS, or Android):

3. Does similar errors occur on Xbox.com? If you haven't already, please try messaging from there as well:

4. Have you followed each of the steps on our Xbox Live Message Error Solution, including adding a phone number?

Please post back with all of that info so we can assist further. Thanks!
  10. Donald Trump UV Win User

Unable to send messages "Due to past behavior"

Hey there x AN0NiiMiiS.

Have you had a chance to check out
    Enforcement.xbox.com
    ? All information on suspensions can be found there, which should help narrow down why you're seeing that message. Unfortunately Enforcement issues aren't supported here on the forums.
    That does not help..
Thema:

1. Even though I'm unbanned, I still can't send messages due to past behavior - Similar Threads - though I'm unbanned

2. My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im...: [img] Hi, My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im not touching the controller at all. The controller is almost as new and this recently just...
  3. message " you must be online to enter my career" even though I'm online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    message " you must be online to enter my career" even though I'm online: Hello I have purchased nba 2k24 and I'm getting the message " you must be online to enter MYCareer" even though I'm online and play other games online. 3efece81-367d-46de-8dc5-461d4bfd153e
  4. I can't choose a custom gamer picture even though I'm on a 18+ acount

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't choose a custom gamer picture even though I'm on a 18+ acount: It says you are not old enough when I want to choose I custom gamer pic c8a3add6-16b1-4458-b185-42d388e29288
  5. Why is my Xbox's Service not working even though I'm connected to the internet?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox's Service not working even though I'm connected to the internet?: I can't find the problem with my Xbox. caff2a74-572a-438d-8952-1fc2a1973b06
  6. My country has been set as US even though I'm in the UK and I can't change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My country has been set as US even though I'm in the UK and I can't change it: When I go to edit my profile information the country is greyed out. How can I change it? e010606f-b093-4ae4-bd13-616967de4577
  7. My xbox status is stuck on a 360 game even though I'm not playing it and it is also...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox status is stuck on a 360 game even though I'm not playing it and it is also...: I wanted to play viva pinata for the first time in a while because I felt like it and it was free on game pass however after playing it it was stuck on my status even though I was playing other...
  8. My xbox profile status says im playing a game even though I'm not actually playing it.

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox profile status says im playing a game even though I'm not actually playing it.: My xbox profile status says im playing a game even though I'm not playing it. I'm assuming it's because I'm playing an xbox 360 game on a new gen console. Help would be appreciated submitted by...
  9. "Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc.: I'm having this issue with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It worked fine last night but it's telling me to renew the subscription even though the disc is inserted into the drive....
  10. Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...

in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...: An internet search tells me this is a frequent problem, it seems. But it's one of those where you never find anyone getting a satisfactory answer. And when ppl explain writing Xbox for assistance,...