Ethernet issues.

Discus and support Ethernet issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Earlier today my ISP lost Internet access and it took them about 5 hours to restore it. When I finally got Internet access back, the Ethernet to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PROJEKT R3D, Aug 7, 2023.

1. PROJEKT R3D
    PROJEKT R3D Guest

Ethernet issues.

Earlier today my ISP lost Internet access and it took them about 5 hours to restore it. When I finally got Internet access back, the Ethernet to my Xbox reports an unavailable NAT type. I can confirm that it has nothing to do with the cable, ports or Xbox as I checked it all very closely even fully resetting my Xbox with no luck. Is this simply something I have to wait for my ISP to fix? I have a wireless connection on the Xbox and everything else too but the moment I try Ethernet either from the router or even the modem itself it will not provide a NAT type.

:)

PROJEKT R3D, Aug 7, 2023
  2. Shoq Gravity Win User

Ethernet issues

Thanks guys, its on its way for repair.

Out of interest do the wired and wireless interfaces share a NIC? If not it is odd that both failed at the same time
  3. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Ethernet issues.

4. demenace Win User

Ethernet Issues

Have you tried running the "Restore to factory defaults" function on your Xbox. It is located in the Network Settings under additional settings. Then see if it will connect. If not, then I would say your Network Port in your Xbox is bad and you will
    need to send it in for repair.
  5. PROJEKT R3D Win User

Ethernet issues.

That's pretty much the norm. When I did it opened to open visually but didn't work and reverted to unavailable after restarting again
  6. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Ethernet issues.

Yes ask them about the port-forwarding. To let your Xbox console communicate with the Xbox network, you need to open or forward ports, which means you'll be making a configuration change to your router.

These are the ports which you need to open in your router:

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Kind regards
Thema:

Ethernet issues.

1. Ethernet issues. - Similar Threads - Ethernet issues

2. Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired

in XboX Insiders
    Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired: If I use wireless connection while using Tablo it has great video quality.. If I use have Xbox hardwired it has very poor video quality..my 4 Roku Ultra units all display HD quality when...
  3. Random Disconnects on Pc with Ethernet but not on Xbox what would be the problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Disconnects on Pc with Ethernet but not on Xbox what would be the problem?: For a while now I have been randomly disconnecting from games on my computer. I have an Ethernet connection and I figured I would plug it into my Xbox One just to see if my ethernet or my router...
  4. Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.: Hey, I'm , and I live in Canberra, Australia. I'm the owner of a server Called ADSCRAFT, and I just got a new computer to be able to play it better, as I was previously simply doing it off an old...
  5. Why won't the ethernet cord work on Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the ethernet cord work on Xbox One X?: Since buying my xbox ive had to use regular wifi connectivity to play online as my ethernet cord doesnt work 100% of the time. Whenever my wifi is slow I always try using the ethernet cord as it...
  6. Internet / Ethernet issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet / Ethernet issue: My xbox wasn't letting me connect to my school's wifi for a while because of the authentication verification. I finally got it to work through alternate MAC address but then every time I would try...
  7. Online Multiplayer/Ethernet connectivity issues all of a sudden. PLEASE HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Online Multiplayer/Ethernet connectivity issues all of a sudden. PLEASE HELP!: Hello fellow gamers, I am stuck.. I have tried every bit of my technology troubleshooting arsenal and I still can’t fix my issue. Recently I have upgraded my home network with plug and play...
  8. Xbox series X ethernet connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X ethernet connection issues: I have recently purchased a Series X. The console performance is exceptional however I routinely have to restart the console when first turning on to get the ethernet connection to work. This is...
  9. Download issue with ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download issue with ethernet: So I'm having this issue with my series x. It started last night when I tried to download xdefiant. I'm connected via ethernet and for some reason when I start a download when wired my whole...
  10. Xbox connection issues with Ethernet and wireless

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox connection issues with Ethernet and wireless: Hi sorry I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but here we are. My Xbox will randomly disconnect from my Ethernet cable then won’t connect back for days are weeks at a time randomly...