Ethernet issue with Xbox series X

Discus and support Ethernet issue with Xbox series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Whenever I boot up my Xbox, I have it on sleep mode, it says there no internet connection for a few seconds before the Ethernet kicks in I guess. This... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/obama-gunna, Jul 2, 2024 at 3:22 AM.

1. Ethernet issue with Xbox series X

Whenever I boot up my Xbox, I have it on sleep mode, it says there no internet connection for a few seconds before the Ethernet kicks in I guess. This has cause my Xbox to not update games while I’m away and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this/ knows how to fix it.

submitted by /u/obama-gunna
    [link] [comments]

/u/obama-gunna, Jul 2, 2024 at 3:22 AM
  2. IainRossi Win User

Slow Download Speeds

Did you manage to fix the connectivity issue? My Series X constantly drops connection to xbox live/internet despite an ethernet cable being used.
  3. JJMiddlebrook Win User

Game pass games will not load/ complete lack of support for series x problems by Microsoft

I didn’t initially but i went back and changed it to my home console and that fixed my profile issues i was having first day. I am in the process of rebooting everything and i replaced all the ethernet cables between the series x and the modem. A tv on
    the same ethernet switch as the xbox series x was having connectivity issues too. I’m hoping rebootong that switch fixes it, but that doesnt explain why i can play some games but not others and my streaming aps work.
  4. Anders Nygren Win User

Unable to download via Ethernet

I’m having the EXACT same issue on both an Xbox One X and an Xbox Series S.

Do you have a Windows PC as well? I’m seeing the same issue there on the Xbox app, but downloading on Steam works just fine over Ethernet.
  5. MarmiteOP Win User

Hotspot not working for series X/S

Hi

I have had similar problems with my sons series x dropping internet connection and the only way of curing this was connecting the console directly to the router with an Ethernet Cable. It now works with no issues. I hope this helps.

And to add my sons Xbox one worked perfectly on our WiFi with no issues but the series x has issues, I’ve no idea why it has these issues but the cable sorted it.

Marmite
  6. GorthaxMephistic Win User

XBOX Series X Ethernet connection issues

Recently got a Series X. It is set up with an ethernet cable directly into the router.

When I switch the xbox on and login to my account the xbox does not connect to the internet. I cannot launch a game.

I can solve the problem by restarting the xbox though I may need to do this several times before it connects to the internet via the ethernet and allows me to launch a game.

I have not changed any internet settings since taking the xbox out of the box.

Any suggestions? Is this a known issue?
    This has been an issue for me since launch. I have 3 series x. All three do it. I have bought new routers, had comcast ship me a new fiber business class modem, bought new cables, etc. I have come to the conclusion that it is a microsoft issue and they are just far to lazy to fix this.
Thema:

Ethernet issue with Xbox series X

1. Ethernet issue with Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Ethernet issue series

2. Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired

in XboX Insiders
    Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired: If I use wireless connection while using Tablo it has great video quality.. If I use have Xbox hardwired it has very poor video quality..my 4 Roku Ultra units all display HD quality when...
  3. Random Disconnects on Pc with Ethernet but not on Xbox what would be the problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Disconnects on Pc with Ethernet but not on Xbox what would be the problem?: For a while now I have been randomly disconnecting from games on my computer. I have an Ethernet connection and I figured I would plug it into my Xbox One just to see if my ethernet or my router...
  4. Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.: Hey, I'm , and I live in Canberra, Australia. I'm the owner of a server Called ADSCRAFT, and I just got a new computer to be able to play it better, as I was previously simply doing it off an old...
  5. Internet / Ethernet issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet / Ethernet issue: My xbox wasn't letting me connect to my school's wifi for a while because of the authentication verification. I finally got it to work through alternate MAC address but then every time I would try...
  6. Online Multiplayer/Ethernet connectivity issues all of a sudden. PLEASE HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Online Multiplayer/Ethernet connectivity issues all of a sudden. PLEASE HELP!: Hello fellow gamers, I am stuck.. I have tried every bit of my technology troubleshooting arsenal and I still can’t fix my issue. Recently I have upgraded my home network with plug and play...
  7. Ethernet issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet issues.: Earlier today my ISP lost Internet access and it took them about 5 hours to restore it. When I finally got Internet access back, the Ethernet to my Xbox reports an unavailable NAT type. I can...
  8. Xbox series X ethernet connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X ethernet connection issues: I have recently purchased a Series X. The console performance is exceptional however I routinely have to restart the console when first turning on to get the ethernet connection to work. This is...
  9. Download issue with ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download issue with ethernet: So I'm having this issue with my series x. It started last night when I tried to download xdefiant. I'm connected via ethernet and for some reason when I start a download when wired my whole...
  10. Xbox connection issues with Ethernet and wireless

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox connection issues with Ethernet and wireless: Hi sorry I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but here we are. My Xbox will randomly disconnect from my Ethernet cable then won’t connect back for days are weeks at a time randomly...