ESPN App Challenge - "Sports Plus" expired early?!

Discus and support ESPN App Challenge - "Sports Plus" expired early?! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am confused as to why the ESPN App Challenge titled "Sports Plus" is already finished? The details for the challenge stated you needed to put the app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PINKE1842, Jan 1, 2014.

1. PINKE1842
    PINKE1842 Guest

I am confused as to why the ESPN App Challenge titled "Sports Plus" is already finished? The details for the challenge stated you needed to put the app in snap mode for four hours on Jan 1. 2014. It's still Jan 1. 2014 in many parts of the world. It
    expired at 7:00AM EST which means most gamers in the US are out of luck unless you were up late into the night which I was not. I am not sure if the ESPN App is global/distributed in other countries, but it seems like a mistake.

Anyone have any other details? I have contacted support as well. Maybe if enough people contact support they will look into it?

:)

PINKE1842, Jan 1, 2014
  2. DangerousBard, Jan 1, 2014
  3. jstep
    jstep Guest
    ESPN app on XBL now includes all channels

*25-9ca1afa3a4e258abcee3e81c5048cac0.jpg*
    photo credit: Microsoft

Hey sports fans! Have you been wanting more out of the ESPN app on Xbox Live other than what was being offered through ESPN3.com? Well Microsoft has updated the ESPN app to include all of the programs that are currently available via Watch ESPN. Sorry dish connected peeps-You'll only receive this if you're with one of the participating cable companies, such as Comcast or Verizon.

New features include in app split screen, a dedicated "My Sports" section to save your favorite teams (kind of like My Pins on the dashboard), a mini guide at the bottom of the screen, Kinect interactivity, your own set reminders and an interactive ESPN BottomLine. SmartGlass technology is also reported to be coming to the ESPN app sometime in December.

jstep, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Dwoop33
    Dwoop33 Guest

I noticed the same thing, it had a countdown timer last with still 4 hours to go at midnight so it's didn't end early due to the time zone thing but due to the infrastructure itself being sketchy. It's completely gone first thing morning and nothing. This
    app isa lready broken since you can't snap anything except highlights and favorite clips which is pretty pointless and not sure what they want you to have it in snap for four hours for when you can't even snap in a live game stream. This is probably the worst
    app that has been dumbed down from the 360 which was an awesome app!

Dwoop33, Jan 1, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: