Error with gaming services

Discus and support Error with gaming services in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Getting hit with error code 0x87e00196 Have tried every suggestion online. Have repaired reset and reinstalled everything related to xbox app and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Micah Cecil, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Micah Cecil
    Micah Cecil Guest

Getting hit with error code 0x87e00196
    Have tried every suggestion online. Have repaired reset and reinstalled everything related to xbox app and gaming services and nothing is working

:)

Micah Cecil, Jan 8, 2024
  2. Septiandry Khrisna Win User

Gaming Services Error

Hello Georges,

Yes my windows 11 is currently at the version 22H2 which is the latest one.

I've also make sure all the apps are up to date.

But still it wont work.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Gaming Services Error

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Septiandry, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  4. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Micah, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still experiencing issues with the error code 0x87e00196 on your Xbox. Here are some additional solutions that you can try:

Reinstall the Gaming Services package: This is the most common solution to fix the error code 0x87e00196. Here’s what you need to do:

Press the Windows key + R, type wsreset.exe, and press Enter. This will clear the cache of the Microsoft Store.
    Go to the Microsoft Store and search for Gaming Services.

Click on the Gaming Services app and select Install.

Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and try running the Xbox app again.

Check your internet connection: Make sure that your internet connection is stable and working properly. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if it helps.

Check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app: Check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app. You can do this by going to the Microsoft Store and checking for updates.

Check if there are any updates available for Windows: Check if there are any updates available for Windows. You can do this by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

Reset the Xbox app: If none of the above solutions work, try resetting the Xbox app.

Here’s how you can do it:
    Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

Click on Apps.

Search for the Xbox app and click on it.
    Click on Advanced options.

Scroll down and click on Reset.

Once the reset is complete, restart your computer and try running the Xbox app again.

For your reference, I've included some links where you can find more details about the solutions I suggested

https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-0x87e00196

https://emopulse.com/how-to/consoles/xbox-error-code-0x87e00196/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope one of these solutions helps you fix the error code 0x87e00196 on your Xbox. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Gaming Services Errors.

Hi, Lewis. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your issue. Let's try some steps that might help. Kindly check if you have any pending updates using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... or select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage
  6. petrus wessels Win User

Gaming Services Error

Hi Khrisna

Did you manage to fix yours? I still have the same problem
Thema:

1. Error with gaming services - Similar Threads - Error gaming services

2. I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...: Since I have bought the new laptop when I launch the xbox app it says the error code mentioned above and asks for updates and even after contacting the customer care and folllowing all the steos...
  3. Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now most of my Game Pass games are gone and I am unable to play or reinstall them. I am getting error code 0x80073cf9. I have tried resetting the window store...
  4. Gaming Services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Gaming Services will not install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Gaming Services will not install.: I have tried for about 16 hours to play Forza Motorsport now. It just sticks on the loading screen and never starts. I have narrowed it down to the fact that Gaming Services from Microsoft will...
  5. Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005: I have tried reinstalling the xbox app did not work, Reinstalling the gaming services app and that's about it. 9afc3894-efd1-430b-a53f-4e289e862895
  6. Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005: Hi I get the "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005" error message in the xbox app and then I can't reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have tried reinstalling Gaming Services...
  7. Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e: I’m running Xbox App for PC on Win 10 Pro System, i7-6700k, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060Ti. Every time I want to install a game from game pass for PC the Xbox App installs gaming services new just to...
  8. Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox: Hi, When i was installing Gaming services in my Xbox on PC Windows 11, It was showing error [img] 0x80070002 [img] 7bb8e11f-0e84-4cc8-9138-200a20084b57
  9. How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 "

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 ": All of the sudden xbox app on Windows 11 has stopped allowing us to play any games citing the above error code that I cannot seem to find anywhere. I have tried repairing, resetting, and...
  10. Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005: I have tried tons of options including restarting, PowerShell inputs, uninstalling Xbox app and reinstalling, etc. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of this error so that I...