Error with Devices linked to Microsoft Store

Discus and support Error with Devices linked to Microsoft Store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I am getting an error on PC through the XBOX APP stating that I have too many Devices linked to Microsoft Store. I go in to check and I have a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Angie R1, May 1, 2023.

1. Angie R1
    Angie R1 Guest

Hello. I am getting an error on PC through the XBOX APP stating that I have too many Devices linked to Microsoft Store.

I go in to check and I have a total of 4.

We are allowed 10.

I cannot play a game because of this.

I keep getting this error.

I use Gamepass for PC and also Xbox so I do have to have different devices.

But 4 is not 10 so it's an error on Microsoft's part.

Can anyone help?

:)

Angie R1, May 1, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Can you please try signing in to this link and manage it? Just to check, kindly remove any devices that you no longer have:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content
  3. eskimosound Win User

How do I unlink my XBox One X from Microsoft Store?

Nope, I've done that, I have removed my XBox One X from devices.

If you scroll down you will see Microsoft Store Device Management.

If you then Click on Manage you will see a list of your devices linked to the Microsoft store.

Its from here I have the problem when I click on Unlink my Xbox One X it says it can't at the moment please try later.

I have been trying for 2 days and am getting the same error.
  4. Aeyoun Win User

app won't download

I experienced this issue on a new system. I thought it may have something to do with my account as the exact same error occured when I tried to remote install a game on my Xbox One linked to the same Microsoft Account.

I logged in to
    Microsoft Account: Devices
    and the page refused to load and suggested that I reload it because of an account error. After having reloaded that page like ten times it finally loaded successfully. I tried installing from the store again right away, and it
    worked flawlessly from the local Microsoft Store on my PC and for remote installing via the Microsoft Store on the web.

This could have been a coincidence but I hope this might be a useful troubleshooting tip fo someone in the future.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox games folder automatically downloads file in background when ever I connect to internet tough nothing is downloading on Microsoft Store

Hello Mohammad Murtaza,

We appreciate your update.

We understand that you had issues with Microsoft Store download and if it may help, please try to check the list of devices linked to your account for Microsoft Store. This linking of Microsoft account on Microsoft Store is limited up to 10 devices only and if you were full on the list then you might encounter issues downloading apps/games from the store.

1. Before anything else, please restart and update your device.
    2. Then, followed by going to this link: Microsoft account | Devices
    3. Sign into your account and check the device limit.
    4. Unlink those devices you no longer use or keep to free up your list and try again.

Moreover, if you are all good with this installation issue, we appreciate your time.

Thank you for posting!

Regards,

6. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Amazon Instant Video

The app itself is called Prime Video and it's on the Microsoft store you will also need to link you device with your Amazon account
Thema:

1. Error with Devices linked to Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Error Devices linked

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. error code 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8015190A: Can not download profile to my 360....keep getting this error...send help d0d043d8-9d29-4a0c-a82c-067d671f5285
  4. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  5. Unable to complete the Device Service form because of Trace ID Error message.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to complete the Device Service form because of Trace ID Error message.: I've tried about 100 times, on different computers, phones, browsers, it's all the same. Trace ID error. Says contact support, but thats just a loop to go round and round the same stupid...
  6. Error 0x80190001 on two different devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80190001 on two different devices: Hello I am trying to play games on Xbox (PC) but when lauching any game i get the error 0x80190001. I get the error on both a desktop and a laptop. I have seen other people with the same error...
  7. [Minecraft for Windows 11] Error Signing In After Downloading on New Device

in XBoX Accessibility
    [Minecraft for Windows 11] Error Signing In After Downloading on New Device: Hello! I recently downloaded Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on a new computer that runs Windows 11, after already owning it on an older device that ran Windows 10. When I try to sign into my Microsoft...
  8. 0x8015DC0B error in the UK on every device and account my family has

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x8015DC0B error in the UK on every device and account my family has: I'm getting 0x8015DC0B error on logging on my xbox one series x, xbox one series s, xbox one s I have 6 consoles and family members who cannot login. I also cannot login to xbox app either on my...
  9. Why do I get a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error when trying to start a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error when trying to start a game?: Game crashes when I try to start it. cc5b1c37-2419-4ffb-8ab6-6a8bb3784a27
  10. Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games": Hello sir, i can't play games at xbox windows and get notification error : Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the...