Error with Bedrock Edition Chat - Read Description

Discus and support Error with Bedrock Edition Chat - Read Description in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; In Minecraft bedrock Edition, for some reason my kids (who play on my account) can't chat. They CAN play multiplayer, but whenever they chat, it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SwagJerry8378, May 6, 2023.

1. Error with Bedrock Edition Chat - Read Description

In Minecraft bedrock Edition, for some reason my kids (who play on my account) can't chat. They CAN play multiplayer, but whenever they chat, it says "You cannot chat with other players because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Please Ensure your Privacy Settings allow communicating with others. See instructions for changing these settings at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp." I tried following these instructions but couldn't find the setting that allowed communicating with others. Did I not follow the instructions correctly or does the setting just not exist at all? I don't know if this is important, but my kids play on the Windows edition of the game.

Thank you,

Jerry

:)

SwagJerry8378, May 6, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response and no worries!

That is quite odd indeed. Just to make sure that the Xbox privacy settings are all up to date, kindly follow these steps in order to manage your adult account settings:

Sign in to your Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety.

Note Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

If you're unable to get past the Privacy and online safety settings, which means your account is a child account. A child account cannot manage its own Xbox privacy settings.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and make sure to update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: Make to select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Once you're done, sign in to your adult account and try to chat with some players to see if it works in Minecraft bedrock Edition.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.
  3. SwagJerry8378 Win User

Hey Darhyl,

First of all, I'm sorry it took me so long to reply.

Since my kids play on my account, it is should be an adult account. Im not sure if you can manage an adult account but I tried and it didn't work. I made sure all the options in the xbox settings for my account were enabled, and now they all are. Its still not working, I'm not sure what to do. Thank you for helping me!

Jerry
  4. SwagJerry8378 Win User

Hey Darhyl!

It worked!

Thank you, you were so helpful!
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Jerry!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

It seems the system has detected that the account used to play Minecraft is a child account.

(A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation)

No worries, let me provide you step by step on how to manage your child account's Xbox privacy settings.

First, you need to sign in to your Microsoft account to account.microsoft.com > then go to Family > from there add your child account as a "Family Member" it will send an invitation to the email inbox of your child account to accept the invitation.

Note: The account that will be managing the Microsoft family should be an adult account. (An adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older upon the account's first creation)

Once the Microsoft family is set up (Your account as the Organizer and your child account as the Family Member)

You will need to manage the child account's privacy settings using your adult account, here's how:

Sign in to your adult Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety.

Note Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Have the member sign in and then sign out of their account on the console to make sure the changes take effect.

Once it's done, kindly try to let your child account on Minecraft chat with other players. Please let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli....
  6. SHUBHAM_DEBNATH Win User

Why can't I get Minecraft Java edition even though I have the windows 10 edition?

Thema:

1. Error with Bedrock Edition Chat - Read Description - Similar Threads - Error Bedrock Edition

2. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  3. Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...: Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock edition on my PC windows 11? I have already made sure my PC is up to date, has storage, and I'm signed...
  4. How do I fix this error on minecraft bedrock on PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix this error on minecraft bedrock on PC: I have this error and I dont know how to fix it [img] 5f98d1d1-1e76-4ff3-9c09-afc202fa8fd4
  5. Error message when trying to join my bedrock realm “could not connect: outdated client!...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message when trying to join my bedrock realm “could not connect: outdated client!...: I have searched for updates, but to no avail. I’m playing on PC through the xbox app. 2b6b77ec-f89e-4af2-980e-6c155a417c5b
  6. Unable to sign into Minecraft Bedrock. Error Code: Drowned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into Minecraft Bedrock. Error Code: Drowned: When I attempt to log into Minecraft (Bedrock edition) on PC, I get the following error (also attached as an image) **Failed to Login We could not sign you into your Microsoft account. Access to...
  7. Error downloading Minecraft Bedrock from new Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error downloading Minecraft Bedrock from new Minecraft Launcher: Hi, Hope all is well. I am attempting to download Minecraft Bedrock Edition from the newest version of the Minecraft Launcher and am running into an issue where there is seemingly no progress...
  8. Minecraft bedrock Error code: drowned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft bedrock Error code: drowned: I tried Open the in-game settings and i cant find any Clear Account Sign in Data please help. 40c3b2a3-c09a-4512-a7f3-432d3706a9b0
  9. minecraft bedrock Computer and error Playfab media mismatch - Discovery=prod/20CA2,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft bedrock Computer and error Playfab media mismatch - Discovery=prod/20CA2,...: minecraft bedrock Computer and error Playfab media mismatch - Discovery=prod/20CA2, Playfab=Production how can I solve it 0630029a-4ccf-4f44-ab0c-ccb7d18cd9c8
  10. Error Accessing Realms in Bedrock Version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Accessing Realms in Bedrock Version: Hello. I have a realms pack for 10 players in Minecraft Bedrock Edition and today I am not able to access it. Payment is up to date but always appears the message that it was not possible to...