Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

Discus and support Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Been playing for about a week. Having the same issue. Any idea on when a patch will come out to fix it? Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DisjoinedOrchid, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

Been playing for about a week. Having the same issue. Any idea on when a patch will come out to fix it?

AxisArmor Viper, Nov 26, 2014
  2. jahanshah1
    jahanshah1 Guest
    I have had the game for about 2 weeks. This happened to me yesterday and I haven't been able to play since. I have cleaned the disc multiple times (no obvious damage seen), cleared system cache, unplugged all cords then replugged. When I try to start the
    game, it starts to install destiny, gets to around 40-42% then gives me the "Problem reading game content" followed by "disc unreadable".

I am now trying to install destiny onto my hard-drive. Fingers crossed.

jahanshah1, Dec 2, 2014
  3. jahanshah1
    jahanshah1 Guest
    Alright. Went to "My games" with the disc in, installed the game onto my hard-drive.

After, it still went straight to "Installing Destiny" (see my previous post). It looked as though it was slowing around the 40-42%, just as before, but made it past that point and further onto 100%.

Game works now. Good luck

jahanshah1, Dec 2, 2014
  4. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

Mines only been doing this since yesterday when xbox was DDos'd by Lizard Squad. Hopefully someone has an answer to fix this soon.

BTW iM Raging, Dec 2, 2014
  5. Mine started 3 days ago. I bought a new disc, did nothing. Just wasted 82 *** dollars. Thanks!! Fix this arggg

MrWaffIePants, Dec 5, 2014
  6. christik999
    christik999 Guest
    im on destiny disc 4 and used 2 different xboxs its crazy im so over this

christik999, Dec 9, 2014
  7. epicsauce81
    epicsauce81 Guest
    Having the same *** problem.

epicsauce81, Dec 13, 2014
  8. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

My son is having the same issue and making me mad! Have the disc and it's unreadable. Tried clearing cache, cleaning laser, etc and it still doesn't work. Tried to download it to the hard dive and that won't work either! But yet, it works in 2 other 360
    consoles the my son's friends have, wth? All other games work but not Destiny. Do I take it back to the store and try getting a new disc? I have looked all over the internet and can't find any answers!

Aspect Showgun, Dec 30, 2014
  9. Did everything but the ethernet thing. Still got nowhere. Try looking at the disc. My first disc(the one that gave me the error first) had three cracks in the data ring. I went and got it replaced and the second disc gave me the message too. Turns out it
    was warped, ripples ran around the outside of the disc, like it had been exposed to heat and damaged. Third disc had similar warping on it, but only in a small section. I've played Destiny for months and been fine, this last update seems to have f****d me;
    along with the damage to my disc.

NightshadeMavet, Jan 27, 2015
  10. Well i got my xbox one over the holidays and no longer have issues with Destiny for 360(hence the upgrade). Good luck to you others who are still having issues though.

BTW iM Raging, Feb 3, 2015
  11. sithscott1
    sithscott1 Guest
    My problem is that I can install the game to my hdd and download all of the starting updates for destiny but i only get the error message once I try to run/play the game then I get those 2 error messages

sithscott1, Feb 25, 2015
  12. If you give me any help by telling I'm awesome .uk but really download the game on the Xbox Will come back at you and mess u up there a tip

TFO ModzPhantom, Mar 26, 2015
  13. TwoChained
    TwoChained Guest

Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

When I open destiny up and go to crucible or strikes my game freezes and then it shakes a little back and forth until it says problem reading game content please close and restart destiny to try again then unreadable disc. But the stupid thing is my destiny
    is installed and I don't have a disc for it

So if anyone can explain what to do you will be in my assist

TwoChained, Apr 24, 2015
  14. DK5019
    DK5019 Guest
    Same here this *** spend all tus money and can't even play the game

DK5019, May 19, 2015
  15. Mr mizter123
    Mr mizter123 Guest
    I have been playing destiny smoothly since September. But about two months ago this has started happening to me. Once I choose my character and see my ship in orbit. the screen freezes, starts waving back and fourth and the two errors come up. Sometimes
    itll go longer and I can load into a crucible game but then I'll get kicked to the Xbox home. I am extremely mad at the game by now. Has anybody found a fix?

Mr mizter123, Aug 16, 2015
Thema: