Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

Discus and support Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Destiny with no problems. Error occurs as soon as I start the game. "Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DisjoinedOrchid, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

I downloaded Destiny with no problems. Error occurs as soon as I start the game. "Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. " After I click OK, the unreadable disc error pops up (Even though this is a digital version of
    Destiny). I've downloaded many games on demand with no problems so it can't be a hard drive issue. I tried clearing the cache but no solution. I tried deleting Destiny and re-downloading but still no solution.

Help please!

:)

DisjoinedOrchid, Sep 9, 2014
  2. Problem reading game content.

I've been offline for a few months because of issues with my ISP. I'm finally back online and got an update when I launched Destiny. Now I get this error message, "Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again."

I Googled it and found a bunch of people complaining about this since way back in September, but I can't find any fix. Please help!

Lace N Whisky, Sep 9, 2014
  3. Maiterya
    Maiterya Guest
    Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. (XBOX 360)

Three days ago, I received a message "Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again." when I tried playing Destiny. When I pressed "OK" the "Unreadable Disc" pops up and it takes me back to the XBOX 360 Dashboard. I have
    digitally downloaded Destiny through the XBOX LIVE Market so it wouldn't make any sense giving me the "Unreadable Disc" message when I do not play the physical copy of the game.

I have been playing Destiny for 7 months now and this is the time encountering this problem. Many people have experienced this sort of issue as well in the first week of the game's release. Now I'm experiencing it just months after it's release. I have
    cleared the cache data of the XBOX 360 System and it did not solve anything. I heard that re-downloading the game does not solve this problem as well, but I have not tried it personally.

I had downloaded Destiny in Nepal and have recently moved back to the Philippines. Does this concern with region changes whatsoever? Although I have tested out other games that I have downloaded from Nepal, none of them have given me any trouble. No message,
    no problem. It's just Destiny that's giving me this kind of trouble. This is frustrating me!

Any suggestions/solutions? Please help!

Maiterya, Sep 9, 2014
  4. NyQuil VIII
    NyQuil VIII Guest

Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

i'm in the same boat... we're *** until/if they make a patch for flash drive booting

NyQuil VIII, Sep 9, 2014
  5. xD3ATHSKUADx
    xD3ATHSKUADx Guest
    I have a hard copy.. getting the same problem.. have the game for 8 hours now.. Haven't been able to play 30 seconds of the game.. I get the black loading screen with the icon on the bottom right of the screen then about a minute later freezes then I get
    the error message.. Time to go get a refund!

xD3ATHSKUADx, Sep 9, 2014
  6. MG from MN
    MG from MN Guest
    Make sure you have over 20 G of hard drive space before you install the game.

MG from MN, Sep 12, 2014
  7. delete the game and redownload!

ShooTheOtherWay, Sep 21, 2014
  8. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

disregard previous message!! I found a fix, you disconnect the ethernet or wifi in your xbox,( i have a xbox wifi dongle) and once you are disconected off xbox live you press play game. Once the game loads, where there will be an error message, connect your
    ethernet or wifi dongle again and press conncet to xbox live. From there you can play destiny freely!! Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. :) hope this worked for you guys as well

ShooTheOtherWay, Sep 21, 2014
  9. TheYemenArab
    TheYemenArab Guest
    I have the exact same problem right now, except the first time I played it I managed to create a character and watch the whole introduction cut scene and then it stopped. After that, though it just comes up with those two messages as soon as I load the
    game

TheYemenArab, Sep 22, 2014
  10. TheYemenArab
    TheYemenArab Guest
    And ShooTheOtherWay, I tried what you said. It didn't work.

FML

TheYemenArab, Sep 22, 2014
  11. Has anyone found a fix for this problem?

My destiny has been fine since my first time playing on it and today their has been an update on destiny and since the update i get the error message "Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again." followed by the disk is
    unreadable.

I have uninstalled, re-installed with no luck, I deleted the update and re downloading still no luck... and I'm very infuriated by this, how its supposed to be an update to make everything smoother yet it screws up my whole game so i cant get on it at all
    now.

please someone help me solve this problem or someone please get onto bungie and explain their latest update has *** up everything.

DaveeeShadows, Oct 2, 2014
  12. Tuuurtle18
    Tuuurtle18 Guest
    I'm having the same issue. After trying to redownload and install, clearing the cashe everytime, I still have the problem. Thought that the problem was with the downloaded version of the game so I bought the disc. Still the same issue. Very frustrating.

Tuuurtle18, Oct 6, 2014
  13. Sec7ors
    Sec7ors Guest

still no fix for this?

i have same issue.

Sec7ors, Oct 10, 2014
  14. I still have this problem.. Anyone?

Sheriff VeeDii, Oct 15, 2014
  15. I'm physically breaking to the point where I'm going to go eat somebody's ***, this has bee happening to me since the 5th of October. I wouldn't mind my money back or all the strange coins I've missed out on. Seems there is no Real "fix" just *** to Bungie
    for once. Halo3 they should just make new maps and re release Halo 3.5 !

willywinkels6, Oct 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. - Similar Threads - Error Problem reading

2. I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...: I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 72ed5c02-8478-488b-b57c-f7648f660063
  3. Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....: I haven't used my xbox series X much recently, came back online recently and had to do update for system. Now I keep getting error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection...
  4. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  5. "There was a problem with the update" but getting error codes with no help articles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "There was a problem with the update" but getting error codes with no help articles.: Been having a mountain of problems with my Xbox One, and I'm not able to update it. When it says "there was a problem with the update" it's gives me these error codes: 0x80070584 0x00000000...
  6. Problem buying content. What does this error code mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem buying content. What does this error code mean?: Every time I try to make a purchase with my card or Microsoft balance I get this message. For the card it charges me anyway then immediately refunds it. I've tried waiting but this has been going...
  7. Problem with Update Error Code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 on XBoxOne

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Update Error Code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 on XBoxOne: Hi Has anyone had this error code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 The 0x80070070 looks like lack of storage. I've deleted files so lots of space Can't find 0x90130005 in any help topics...
  8. There was a problem with the update - Error code: 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201

in XboX Insiders
    There was a problem with the update - Error code: 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201: This is on 2 consoles that I had on skip ahead build 2030. I attempted to unenroll them and after the adjustment it tried to prompt an update. The update reset some things so I went through setup...
  9. error code 0x803F8001 problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x803F8001 problem: two games I previously downloaded, city skyline 2 and warhammer darktide, became unavailable after I renewed my subscription of PGP, the error code is usually 0x803F8001 or sometimes "file system...
  10. Problem : "Disc read error 'patch_code_post_gfx_mp'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem : "Disc read error 'patch_code_post_gfx_mp': Please help me when i send the multiplayer the game does not start and the page call of duty arrive. Especially since I was not the CD version, but the version of dematerialized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox problem reading game content try again in a while