Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

Discus and support Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to run Rising Kingdomon windows 11 but all I get is a notification, "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Srikanthan K (FCES), Dec 15, 2023.

1. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

I am trying to run Rising Kingdomon windows 11 but all I get is a notification, "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am the administrator so can anyone please tell me how I log in with administrator privileges?

I have tried all of these below steps, but still not working

Step 1: I suggest you to take the ownership of the file and check if it helps.

To take ownership of a file or folder, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap Properties. (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click Properties.)
    2. Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click Check Names.

Note The account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    4. Click OK.
    5. If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    6. Click OK.

Step 2: Disable the third-party anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 3: Change the User Account Control Settings.

1. Press Windows key, type, User Account Control Settings and select it.
    2. Drag the notification bar to Never notify, click Ok and check if it helps.

Important: User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users. We don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

:)

Srikanthan K (FCES), Dec 15, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run Rising Kingdom game on Windows 11

Hello Srikanthan K (FCES),

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run Rising Kingdom game on Windows 11

Hello Srikanthan K (FCES),

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with accessing Rising Kingdom game on Windows 11. This error message usually means that the game requires elevated permissions to access some system files or settings. To fix this issue, I recommend you try the following steps however if the steps fails we highly suggest contacting the game developer to fix the issue.

Kindly try the steps below:

• Take ownership of the game’s executable file by following the steps you have already tried.
    • Disable any third-party antivirus software temporarily and check if the issue persists.
    • Change the User Account Control Settings by following these steps:

a. Press the Windows key and type “User Account Control Settings”.

b. Click on the “Change User Account Control settings” option.

c. Move the slider to the bottom to disable the User Account Control.

d. Click on “OK” to save the changes.
    Please note that disabling the User Account Control can make your computer more vulnerable to security threats. Therefore, it is recommended to enable it again after you have finished playing the game.

If the issue persists, you may also try the following steps:

1. Right-click on the game icon and select Properties.

2. Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator".

3. Click Apply and OK to save the changes.

4. Launch the game again and see if the error is gone.

If this does not work, you may need to update your Windows 11 or reinstall the game. You can also contact the game developer for further assistance.

I hope this helps! If you’re still having trouble, please let me know we will do our best to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. NextVoyage77516 Win User

Cannot Run Age of Empires 2 "Please login with administrator privileges

Same thing is happening to me.. seems like there is no answer yet. there is only one user to my computer AKA i am the admin and still wont work.
  5. AridLizard Win User

the outer worlds

try restarting your router by unplugging the power cord for 5 minutes.

then make sure you run the Xbox (beta) app with administrator privileges.
  6. Miss Portia Win User

zune error 0x80070005

Are you the primary user on the computer? Do you perhaps have another account that has full Administrator privileges? As Mister Parks was referring to, this error occurs when an account without Administrator privileges attempts to install the Zune software.
    Can you check to see if another account on your PC has those privileges, and try installing it from that account?
Thema:

Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

1. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run... - Similar Threads - Error Please login

2. My Offline NAT Type:unavailable and this error 0x89231806 and 0x89231906 please fix. Thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Offline NAT Type:unavailable and this error 0x89231806 and 0x89231906 please fix. Thanks: Hardware/Internet ,My Offline NAT Type:unavailable and this error 0x89231806 and 0x89231906 needs to be fixed please. Thanks 9ffe2555-cdc4-44f8-baea-94da92e841b9
  3. An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code

in XBoX on Windows
    An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code: An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. eea05149-ed93-4189-bc71-fccd07064838
  4. i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when...

in XBoX on Windows
    i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when...: i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when trying to purchase vc on nba 2k24 aa5e9bf4-c75d-42b9-903c-f2e207433285
  5. an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try...: When loading fortnite on my child's xbox series S they are getting the following when trying to load into the game "an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox Live,...
  6. AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED WHILE SIGNING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR XBOX LIVE. PLEASE TRY...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED WHILE SIGNING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR XBOX LIVE. PLEASE TRY...: Why is this happening i just want play fornite 7dd319a4-7eb7-4941-9100-2ae1d5778569
  7. How do i fix error 10022 whenever i open fortnite, please answer me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix error 10022 whenever i open fortnite, please answer me: whenever i open the game i get this error bf23079c-9018-4b63-85d4-2e3ce1abc7ed
  8. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  9. “ an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account for Xbox live. Please try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “ an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account for Xbox live. Please try...: So it’s currently been almost 2 weeks since I haven’t been able to sign in to Fortnite and I keep getting the “an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account Xbox Live please try...
  10. how to fix error please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to fix error please help: when I try to set up my new elite pro 2 controller it says i need to log into xbox live and when i do i get this error code " 0x80072EFD " on the xbox app and ond the xbox accessories app please...