Error message (0x80004005) whenever I try to start any game from/installed on the Xbox App.

Discus and support Error message (0x80004005) whenever I try to start any game from/installed on the Xbox App. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everybody. As per title I get this error message (0x80004005) whenever I try to launch any game from the Xbox App on Windows 10. I previously... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by N1C0Z, Dec 11, 2022.

1. N1C0Z
    N1C0Z Guest

Error message (0x80004005) whenever I try to start any game from/installed on the Xbox App.

Hello everybody.

As per title I get this error message (0x80004005) whenever I try to launch any game from the Xbox App on Windows 10.

I previously had similar problems where games wouldn't launch but at the time I wasn't getting any specific message.

Also, previously the issue hadn't affected Flight Simulator, the only title I had actually purchased and I wasn't playing using Xbox Game Pass.

Now even Flight Simulator has stopped working and I get the error message mentioned above.

I've already tried everything and I feel pretty angry and hopeless about this.

When games didn't launch in the past (issue appearing sporadically) I would fix the problem by either waiting (I kid you not, it would fix itself) or by reinstalling the games.

However I've reached a breaking point, I can't spend such a large chunk of my time troubleshooting my Xbox App.

Please offer me a solution that requires a reasonable amount of time.

What I've tried already:

Restarting PC

Signing in and out of Xbox and/or Microsoft Store

Windows is updated

MS Store and Xbox are updated

I've tried repairing Xbox and MS Store apps

Time zone was set to manual, now it's set to automatic, didn't help

Kind Regards,

:)

N1C0Z, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Fatima_J Win User

Hi N1C0Z ,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

Based on the description, it appears that you received an Error message (0x80004005) whenever you try to start any game from/installed on the Xbox App. I'm glad you took the time to consider this for us so we can help you figure it out for you

Before anything else, let me ask you the following questions below so that I fully understand the problem.

1. When does the issue started?

In your case, to resolve this error, you’ll need to restart your Xbox One or Xbox 360 console. To do so, turn off your console, unplug the power cable, wait about 30 seconds, plug it back in, and then turn on your console again.

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  3. N1C0Z Win User

Hello Fatima,

The issue has been fixed.

The problem was very simple. Despite my checking for updates my computer wasn't "seeing" that an update had indeed been issued by Microsoft.

After I checked for the 3rd or 4th time whether any updates were available the system showed me a notification saying that an update was available.

I updated the computer and after the required restart everything was back to working fine.

The main problem was that Windows didn't detect any updates as available.

Kind Regards,

4. Fatima_J Win User

Hello

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message in your Community post. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please click on this link Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com) to get back to our thread and continue our conversation. We await your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Francia J. Win User

how to i get my games back

Whenever you're trying to install any of your games and apps what is the exact error message or error code that you're getting?
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

demande pour mettre a jour le logiciel de l'application avatar xbox [Translate] request to update the software of the application avatar xbox

Hi MAERIOMOMO,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with your app. As you've received error code 0x80004005 and are experiencing issues with updating the app for your avatar,
    I recommend the following support articles to help get everything up and running once more:

Error 0x80004005 occurs when you try to open a game or app on your Xbox
    console

An application won't start on Xbox One

Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on Xbox One

Give the troubleshooting solutions a try and please let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
Thema:

1. Error message (0x80004005) whenever I try to start any game from/installed on the Xbox App. - Similar Threads - Error message 0x80004005

2. I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...: I have deleted cache & restarted the device (a kindle fire 10) 19c480df-745f-46c2-97cb-189f740be370
  3. When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...: [img] When I try to use voice to message text, it says error and an error triangle shows up d4d8113e-048e-4672-8491-f2562cd7ffc4
  4. Video captures not saving to onedrive. no error message

in XBoX on Windows
    Video captures not saving to onedrive. no error message: I haven't screen recorded since March, today when I screen recorded using my Xbox S, it saved the video, but has not uploaded it to my linked one drive account. I have initiated the save in...
  5. Homefront the revolution can't connect to resistance mode. I keep getting error message...

in XBoX on Windows
    Homefront the revolution can't connect to resistance mode. I keep getting error message...: I've tried a few different methods to get to play resistance mode but everything I have tried hasn't worked. I still get the same error message (can't connect to multiplayer [support code 152]...
  6. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  7. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  8. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  9. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  10. How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S: This is an internet I have connected to before, and now it is giving me the following error message; “ Your security protocol won't work This console supports WPA2/WPA3 (personal), WA/WPA2...