Error connecting to multiplayer xbox live: Couldn't connect to server because the data is ...

Discus and support Error connecting to multiplayer xbox live: Couldn't connect to server because the data is ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I get the following error when trying to connect to a game in multiplayer. I get all the way to where the game is staring and counts down, then I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by scoobilicuty, Jan 24, 2017.

1. scoobilicuty
    scoobilicuty Guest

Error connecting to multiplayer xbox live: Couldn't connect to server because the data is ...

I get the following error when trying to connect to a game in multiplayer. I get all the way to where the game is staring and counts down, then I gives the error: Couldn't connect to server because the data is incompatible.

I added ports for port forwarding. The network connections are checked out ok. multiplayer connections are good in settings. I notice NAT is open under settings but when I try to connect in multiplayer NAT is still moderate.

Any help here? very frustrated. Do I need to check IP addresses or IPv6? or what?

:)

scoobilicuty, Jan 24, 2017
  2. NAT Problem--Please Help

My network admin is asking me to tell him what server I am trying to connect to now so he can scan the connection between my apartment and the server and find out where the problem is. Any idea how I find out what server I am connecting to for connecting
    to xbox live parties and multiplayer games?

Darth Kreggles, Jan 24, 2017
  3. FordGTGuy
    FordGTGuy Guest
    Xbox One: Dedicated Servers and Why You Should Care

A dedicated server is when a multiplayer game is run on a actual server(or a dedicated server) in this case in a Microsoft data center. Microsoft has data centers on every continent and can offer dedicated servers for every region. Every player in a game connects directly to the server and you only communicate directly with the server.

What are the benefits to this system?

* They are dynamic, in other words you will never see a Xbox One game lose server support as servers are dedicated on the fly and are dynamic to consumers requests on Xbox Live. In other words a server might be running Titanfall one day and the next day Forza Motorsport 5.

* It's Free!, not to us consumers of course but it's free to all first and third party developers as we are paying for it. This is fantastic for developers like Respawn who would otherwise not have done dedicated servers in every region due to cost.

* No host advantage (Normal servers where everyone connects to the host player gives the host a latency advantage.)

* No NAT issues, you will no longer have open your NAT or worry about having problems connecting to other players.

* No lag effects, usually when someone lags in a racing game like Forza there car will start to spaz out and start hitting other people or flying. With dedicated servers you will no longer experience this effect and it will not affect the players in a game.

* Higher ping toleration, people with higher pings will have a lot less of a problem playing with others.

* Bigger multiplayer games, as the server is handling everything in the muiltplayer game it can allow for even larger and more epic multiplayer experiences without negative effects.

In other words this is the most superior way to run a multiplayer game and Xbox Live on Xbox One will have it for every game in every region, Sony cannot and will not match this.

[video=youtube;L1QsjRI4XNY]

FordGTGuy, Jan 24, 2017
  4. Error connecting to multiplayer xbox live: Couldn't connect to server because the data is ...

Hi,

Let’s isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

1. What type of device are you using? (e.g. Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 10)

2. Have you made any changes to your device or network configuration before encountering this issue?

3. Have you tried playing other online games and check if the same issue occurs?

Regards.

Catherine Cus., Jan 24, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: