Error Code when trying to sign in to Xbox app 0x80070520

Discus and support Error Code when trying to sign in to Xbox app 0x80070520 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have run into a problem with the Xbox App where it will not sign in due to the error code 0x80070520. The code does not appear on the Xbox support... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Woodyyyd, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Woodyyyd
    Woodyyyd Guest

I have run into a problem with the Xbox App where it will not sign in due to the error code 0x80070520. The code does not appear on the Xbox support site nor does there seem to be a solution to this issue.

I have read around to find fixes to this but nothing has worked thus far. The Windows troubleshooter does nothing and provides no answers.

This is particularly frustrating as I now cannot play I game (Age of Empires DE) that I have paid for due to the poor DRM management requiring Xbox to be logged in to run it.

I want a resolution to this issue.

:)

Woodyyyd, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Naruto_64
    Naruto_64 Guest
    Cannot sign into Xbox Live

This is the error code I get when I try to sign into Xbox Live: 0x80070520.

Naruto_64, Sep 24, 2018
  3. kinksy1000
    kinksy1000 Guest
    Xbox Win 10 App unable to sign in

On the Xbox app, win 10, when oppening it says... "We were unable to sign you in to Xbox Live" with the error code 0x80070520. On searching for the error code "no support articles were found". Any assistance welcome

kinksy1000, Sep 24, 2018
  4. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Hello Woodyyyd,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This error code does not seem to be in our error data base .

However, I recommend running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Running the troubleshooter will scan and fix your PC for any issues detected with your Windows apps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter

1. Click the Start button.
    2. Go to Settings.
    3. Select Update & Security >Troubleshoot.
    4. Select Windows Store Apps under
      Find and fix other problems.
    5. Click Run the troubleshooter.
    6. If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    7. Follow the on-screen instruction.

Hope this helps and let us know the results!

XBF Chris J, Sep 24, 2018
  5. Woodyyyd
    Woodyyyd Guest
    As I stated in the initial post, the windows troubleshooter does not appear to fix this issue. It does not detect any issues within the Xbox or any other Windows app.

Woodyyyd, Sep 24, 2018
  6. Woodyyyd
    Woodyyyd Guest
    I have managed to solve the issue myself. I re downloaded and reinstalled the Xbox app and the Xbox Identity provider via the windows store with a little help from the powershell app to sort out the Microsoft store.

Woodyyyd, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app error 0x80070520