error code 80151909, connects to network but fails to connect to internet

Discus and support error code 80151909, connects to network but fails to connect to internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a problem which is leading me to believe that there is a problem with my console internally. When i turn my xbox on, it doesnt connect to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by i HabiTzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. i HabiTzz
    i HabiTzz Guest

I'm having a problem which is leading me to believe that there is a problem with my console internally.
    When i turn my xbox on, it doesnt connect to xbox live. When i test the connection it connects to network but not the internet. I also get the error code 80151909. This is using a wired connection to the ethernet port in my room in my apartment (we don't
    have a router or modem that we can actually access as this is a huge apartment complex, so basically I can't just reboot the router/modem). So anyways this problem started yesterday when we moved in. My roommate also has an xbox 360, so we got his and plugged
    it into my room where my xbox was and everything was working fine, connected to live without a problem. Plugged my xbox in again, same issue. So we went to his room and plugged my xbox into his setup, same issue. I went on his xbox and downloaded my profile
    on his xbox and it worked fine. Went back on my xbox and it still wouldn't work.. Later I grabbed my old wireless adapter and plugged it into the xbox. Wireless picked up a few connections and I picked a random one that I could connect to and just test out.
    Sure enough, it connected to the network but failed to connect to the internet once again. I am led to believe that there is possibly a problem with my xbox's internal network card, because my friend can plug his xbox in in my room using literally all of the
    same cables and chords that I would use and he can connect to live without a problem. It's really frustrating, and my xbox was working fine just a couple days ago. I have exhausted mostly all options, sat with xbox support yesterday as well. I'm lost on what
    to do.. Can anyone help?

:)

i HabiTzz, Aug 21, 2014
  2. R0b3rt R
    R0b3rt R Guest
    ICMP Error w/ Xbox 360 Slim

My Xbox connects fine to my home network, but my friend's slim connects to the internet, then fails to connect to XBL. It says that it is a ICMP error. But my Xbox is fine.

Error codes:

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 00A8 - E8E0

Z: 0000- 0000

ID: 0006 - 0000

What do internet?

R0b3rt R, Aug 21, 2014
  3. Connecting to Xbox Live through Mac OS X

it connects to the network but fails to connect to the internet

ElectroNomical, Aug 21, 2014
  4. JeroenBoom
    JeroenBoom Guest

hi, what exactly have you done already also with support to resolve the issue? It gives us a bit more insight so we not posting any suggestion you've already done... Also. If it is possible, can you reach that router for the make and modelno of it? it may
    be that the construction of the connection can be found in the fuse box and that you have a socket with internet? Or how exactly is that situation?

JeroenBoom, Aug 21, 2014
  5. i HabiTzz
    i HabiTzz Guest
    I can't reach the router, we each have ethernet ports in our room and that's all we're given. It's not a problem with the port because my friends xbox works fine in my room. With support I checked to see if it was a problem of both of our xboxes trying to
    connect at the same time. That wasn't the problem. We checked to see if it was a DNS error or internet problem - it was an internet problem. We tried restoring the console's network to factory defaults - it didn't help. The only thing we couldn't try was restarting
    the router, as I don't have access to it. Support asked if there was a connection I could try wirelessly which I couldn't at the time, but later I did connect to a wireless connection and it connected to network but not internet, as I stated before.

i HabiTzz, Aug 21, 2014
  6. JeroenBoom
    JeroenBoom Guest
    If you press Guide and go to Settings, System Settings, Network Settings, Wired Network, Configure Network, and you'll see a gateway address under Ip adres and subnetmask, what is that gateway address?

JeroenBoom, Aug 21, 2014
  7. JeroenBoom
    JeroenBoom Guest
    Oh your IP address, on that same page you navigated to on the xbox. Don't post it complete for privacy reasons, but does it begin with a 192 or 10 or a 169? or does it gives you a whole different nr?

JeroenBoom, Aug 21, 2014
  8. i HabiTzz
    i HabiTzz Guest

IP begins with a 66. Gateway address is 66.231.128.1. All of the addresses under Configure Network are identical on my xbox and my friend's xbox though. Also just noticed that after leaving the Configure Network page up for a minute or so, all addresses
    went to 0.0.0.0 for a couple seconds then went back to the normal addresses.

i HabiTzz, Oct 31, 2018
  9. i HabiTzz Win User

I can't reach the router, we each have ethernet ports in our room and that's all we're given. It's not a problem with the port because my friends xbox works fine in my room. With support I checked to see if it was a problem of both of our xboxes trying to
    connect at the same time. That wasn't the problem. We checked to see if it was a DNS error or internet problem - it was an internet problem. We tried restoring the console's network to factory defaults - it didn't help. The only thing we couldn't try was restarting
    the router, as I don't have access to it. Support asked if there was a connection I could try wirelessly which I couldn't at the time, but later I did connect to a wireless connection and it connected to network but not internet, as I stated before.
  10. i HabiTzz Win User

IP begins with a 66. Gateway address is 66.231.128.1. All of the addresses under Configure Network are identical on my xbox and my friend's xbox though. Also just noticed that after leaving the Configure Network page up for a minute or so, all addresses
    went to 0.0.0.0 for a couple seconds then went back to the normal addresses.
  11. JeroenBoom Win User

If you press Guide and go to Settings, System Settings, Network Settings, Wired Network, Configure Network, and you'll see a gateway address under Ip adres and subnetmask, what is that gateway address?
  12. JeroenBoom Win User

Oh your IP address, on that same page you navigated to on the xbox. Don't post it complete for privacy reasons, but does it begin with a 192 or 10 or a 169? or does it gives you a whole different nr?
  13. JeroenBoom Win User

hi, what exactly have you done already also with support to resolve the issue? It gives us a bit more insight so we not posting any suggestion you've already done... Also. If it is possible, can you reach that router for the make and modelno of it? it may
    be that the construction of the connection can be found in the fuse box and that you have a socket with internet? Or how exactly is that situation?
Thema:

1. error code 80151909, connects to network but fails to connect to internet - Similar Threads - error code 80151909

2. Error code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151909: Every time I go to log into my Xbox for the past week it’s not been able to.. I’ve tested my network connection and it fails every single time right when it gets to Xbox live connection but is...
  3. Error code 80151908 and 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151908 and 80151909: Hello, The error code 80151909 popped up when signing into Xbox live for the Lara Croft Guardian of light. And then my sister signed in and the error code 80151908 popped up. We have tried...
  4. Error code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151909: i deleted my profile I can't download because of the error code I test my connection it says live connection error It has been this since yesterday at noon 32e45906-ace5-482e-93c6-a56bb98a5c98
  5. 360 wont connect to live error code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 wont connect to live error code 80151909: Hi. this is the first time ive had a problem signing in... ive tried a connection test etc its connecting to the internet fine but wont sign in. PLease could anyone help me with this?...
  6. error code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 80151909: i keep getting this error code 80151909 this happened almost a month a ago now and i still havnt been able to fix it ive heard of people with the same problem and they said they just messed...
  7. Error Code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 80151909: So, for about 2 hours now, I have been in and out of some less-than-helpful support chats who all disappear on me in about 20 minutes. I#m trying to get this issue sorted and it's really now...
  8. the best Error code :80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    the best Error code :80151909: Since I bought xbox360 at the end of 2012 , it often appears 80151909 error code, especially when I play multiplayer modes. When I download my profile it never appear this problem. How to solve...
  9. Error code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151909: I have been getting the error code 80151909 since Thursday(3/6/14). I tried to reboot my router/modem and I still haven't been able to sign into Xbox live, I can sign in offline but not online. My...
  10. Error code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151909: Same thing happening. We spend a lot of money on our systems which ever one we own , we pay a lot more for the privilege of live gold. Come on MS sort it out we the customers are loyal to you. You...