error code 80072ef3

Discus and support error code 80072ef3 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently attempted to log into my newer xbox 360 and recieved this error code after being asked for my e-mail and password. After looking up the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gimbie, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Gimbie
    Gimbie Guest

error code 80072ef3

I recently attempted to log into my newer xbox 360 and recieved this error code after being asked for my e-mail and password. After looking up the problem i deleted my profile and cleared my cache 4 times. I then downloaded my profile and then it went right
    back to asking me for my e-mail and password then it error messaged again. I have now logged into my older xbox 360 without a problem. I am going to power on the new 360 again to see if that may have fixed it as a little deeper searching said that may fix
    that

Xbox information: Slim model using Wireless Internet, is within 10 feet of router (but is in a position that makes using wires next to impossible). Older model using wired internet was able to log on perfectly fine

:)

Gimbie, Feb 25, 2014
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Feb 25, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Feb 25, 2014
  4. Gimbie
    Gimbie Guest

error code 80072ef3

power cycle fixed it, it seems

Gimbie, Feb 25, 2014
  5. Unkn0wn1
    Unkn0wn1 Guest
    Hello Gimbie,

In the case that this issue happens again.

Solution 1:

1). On the Xbox Home Screen, click on System -> Storage -> Hard Drive -> Profile, select Delete, then click Delete Profile Only.

2). Press "B" on the controller until you see "Hard Drive", Press "Y" on the controller and select "Clear System Cache" on the screen.

3). Shut the Xbox 360 off completely. Then turn it back on

4). On the Xbox Home Screen, Scroll until Social is selected on the top of the screen, Click "Sign In or Out", Scroll all of the way to the right and select Download Profile.

5). Follow the On screen prompts. If your on your personal Xbox, make sure, Save Password is checked in the box.

You should now be able to connect to Xbox Live, if not go to "Solution 2".

Solution 2:

1). Go to Sign in to your Microsoft account

2). Sign in with your email address and password.

3). Once on the homepage, on the Left tab, click on "Security info".

4). You may get a pop up message that you will need to get a security code from your Email Address or Phone number. (If not, skip this step and go to step 6.) Note: if you don't have access to the Email Address or mobile phone anymore, then
    Click on cant use those anymore.

5). Enter the security code.

6). Now go back to the Security info page. Check and see if you have a mobile phone and alternate email address and mobile phone entered in; make sure they are verified; by clicking on Verify (if applicable). If there is no email address or phone number
    in on the page, add them in and click Verify.

7). On the Xbox Home Screen, scroll right until you see settings, click on System -> Hard Drive -> Profile, select Delete, then click Delete Profile Only

8). Go back to the Xbox Home Screen, Scroll until Social is selected on the top of the screen, Click "Sign In or Out", Scroll all of the way to the right and select Download Profile.

9). Follow the On screen prompts. If your on your personal Xbox, make sure, Save Password is checked in the box.

You should now be able to connect to Xbox Live.

Unkn0wn1, Oct 31, 2018
  6. onyxishere Win User

Error Code: 80072EF3 02/23/2014

7. WPAK Win User

Wont let me sign in to my account?

8. GlobalWebSurfer Win User

Double Error codes

Hey there thund3rs!

For the 80072EF3 error you are getting, have you taken a peak to see if you have any corrupted content in your storage location? Solution #2 support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80072ef3.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Code 80072EF3 sign in error

10. onyxishere Win User

Error 30072EF3

Thema:

error code 80072ef3

1. error code 80072ef3 - Similar Threads - error code 80072ef3

2. error code 80072ef3

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 80072ef3: twice in the past month I've either gotten kicked(and subsequently been unable to log back in for a time), or in the case of this morning, had to download an update to halo 3 that has seen me...
  3. Error Code: 80072EF3 02/23/2014

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 80072EF3 02/23/2014: Xbox Live is asking me to enter my username (email) and password over and over again. I saw on the forum that some people had success deleting there profile from the HD and clearing the HD cache...
  4. Error Code: 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 80072EF3: Hello, I have trouble signing in to my Xbox account. When I login, I get the add security message and the message wants me to input my email and password. I did that and get the Error Code:...
  5. Error Code: 80072EF3 03/04/2014

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 80072EF3 03/04/2014: Every time I sign in, an "Add Security" prompt instantly pops up; at the "Remember your password" stage when I press 'Next' it comes up with the error message (Refer to subject line), I am then...
  6. error code 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 80072EF3: I'm unable to sign in to my account/Xbox Live. I've attempted to go into Profiles and delete my account from the console, followed by clearing the Cache three times (as per the instructions...
  7. RE: Xbox Live Error Code 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    RE: Xbox Live Error Code 80072EF3: Hello Bought myself a 12 month xbox live key as I was due a renewal. Forgot that it already had an existing membership that said it had been renewed. I received an email this morning saying that...
  8. Account Infor Error Code 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account Infor Error Code 80072EF3: Every time I try and sign into Xbox Live it has me enter my email address and password and wants to know if I want my password remembered (which I do) and once I select "Continue" a error box...
  9. Sign in error code 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign in error code 80072EF3: Can't sign into my account on my xbox. Keeps asking for email and password before throwing up the error code 80072EF3. Have tried deleting profile and clearing cache. Had this account for 6 years+...
  10. Error Code: 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 80072EF3: Hi! Hope im on the right forum! Everytime I try to log into my xbox live account it is asking for my email and password (it has never done this since initial sign in). Once ive entered the...