error code 80072ef3

Discus and support error code 80072ef3 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; twice in the past month I've either gotten kicked(and subsequently been unable to log back in for a time), or in the case of this morning, had to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XRaiderV1., Jun 26, 2015.

1. XRaiderV1.
    XRaiderV1. Guest

error code 80072ef3

twice in the past month I've either gotten kicked(and subsequently been unable to log back in for a time), or in the case of this morning, had to download an update to halo 3 that has seen me unable to sign into xbox live and gotten slapped with error
    code 80072ef3

now, my password and email are correct, my network is functioning properly(after numerous back and forths with fios support to verify) I am at a loss to explain this. help?

:)

XRaiderV1., Jun 26, 2015
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Jun 26, 2015
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Jun 26, 2015
  4. ESG LUCIFER
    ESG LUCIFER Guest

error code 80072ef3

Hello, the reason you are receiving this error code is due to the fact that may mean there's a network connection issue or corrupted data on your console’s hard drive. However due to the fact that you said you network is functioning properly there are a
    few troubleshooting steps you can try if you haven't already.

Solution 1: Power cycle (turn off and on) the console

Here's how:

1. On your controller, press and hold the Xbox Guide button for three seconds.
    2. From the on-screen menu, select Turn Off Console and then press A.
    3. Repeat step 1. Your console will turn on.
    Solution 2: Check for and delete corrupted content

Here's how:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to Settings and select System Settings.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Choose a storage location, and then press A on your controller.
    5. Choose Games and Apps, and then press A.
    6. Scroll down and check for corrupted files. A corrupted file will be marked with a yellow exclamation point.
    7. If you find a corrupted saved game file, delete it. Here's how:
    1. Select the game, and then press A.
    2. Select Delete, and then press A.
    3. When prompted, "This will permanently delete the selected content from your console. Are you sure you want to delete?", select
      Yes.
    Solution 3: Clear the system cache

Clearing the system cache of possibly corrupted data can resolve problems. Here's how:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to Settings and select System Settings.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    5. Select Clear System Cache.
    6. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
    The other solution that Xbox suggest but you said is functioning properly is your network below I will post it as well.

Solution 4: Troubleshoot network connection

For help with connection issues, see the
    Xbox 360 Connection Error Solution

If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.

ESG LUCIFER, Jun 26, 2015
  5. XRaiderV1.
    XRaiderV1. Guest
    no corrupted files. cleared cache. went a step further, deleted my profile..which had ballooned to 14mb, redownloaded it, its a MUCH smaller size now. we'll see if this happens again.

XRaiderV1., Oct 31, 2018
  6. onyxishere Win User

Error Code: 80072EF3 02/23/2014

7. WPAK Win User

Wont let me sign in to my account?

8. GlobalWebSurfer Win User

Double Error codes

Hey there thund3rs!

For the 80072EF3 error you are getting, have you taken a peak to see if you have any corrupted content in your storage location? Solution #2 support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80072ef3.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Code 80072EF3 sign in error

10. onyxishere Win User

Error 30072EF3

Thema:

error code 80072ef3

1. error code 80072ef3 - Similar Threads - error code 80072ef3

2. Error Code: 80072EF3 02/23/2014

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 80072EF3 02/23/2014: Xbox Live is asking me to enter my username (email) and password over and over again. I saw on the forum that some people had success deleting there profile from the HD and clearing the HD cache...
  3. Error Code: 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 80072EF3: Hello, I have trouble signing in to my Xbox account. When I login, I get the add security message and the message wants me to input my email and password. I did that and get the Error Code:...
  4. Error Code: 80072EF3 03/04/2014

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 80072EF3 03/04/2014: Every time I sign in, an "Add Security" prompt instantly pops up; at the "Remember your password" stage when I press 'Next' it comes up with the error message (Refer to subject line), I am then...
  5. error code 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 80072EF3: I'm unable to sign in to my account/Xbox Live. I've attempted to go into Profiles and delete my account from the console, followed by clearing the Cache three times (as per the instructions...
  6. RE: Xbox Live Error Code 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    RE: Xbox Live Error Code 80072EF3: Hello Bought myself a 12 month xbox live key as I was due a renewal. Forgot that it already had an existing membership that said it had been renewed. I received an email this morning saying that...
  7. error code 80072ef3

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 80072ef3: I recently attempted to log into my newer xbox 360 and recieved this error code after being asked for my e-mail and password. After looking up the problem i deleted my profile and cleared my cache...
  8. Account Infor Error Code 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account Infor Error Code 80072EF3: Every time I try and sign into Xbox Live it has me enter my email address and password and wants to know if I want my password remembered (which I do) and once I select "Continue" a error box...
  9. Sign in error code 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign in error code 80072EF3: Can't sign into my account on my xbox. Keeps asking for email and password before throwing up the error code 80072EF3. Have tried deleting profile and clearing cache. Had this account for 6 years+...
  10. Error Code: 80072EF3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 80072EF3: Hi! Hope im on the right forum! Everytime I try to log into my xbox live account it is asking for my email and password (it has never done this since initial sign in). Once ive entered the...