Error code 0xc00d7159 (HDCP) for Xbox Live Tv and Movies app

Discus and support Error code 0xc00d7159 (HDCP) for Xbox Live Tv and Movies app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive seen this floating around on here in the past, and Ive seen all the responses to fix it, but nothing has worked. This started about a week ago... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AngryFatThor, Aug 14, 2019.

1. AngryFatThor
    AngryFatThor Guest

Ive seen this floating around on here in the past, and Ive seen all the responses to fix it, but nothing has worked.

This started about a week ago when parts of Live were down and it hasnt recovered since. Im using a year out of the box now Xbox One S directly hdmi-ed to a year out of the box now Philips 4k TV. I have changed nothing. Since this issue started I signed
    up to be notified when Live was fixed and up and running. I received that notification on last Friday around 3pm eastern. The problem, at least for me, hadnt been resolved. So, around 4pm I contacted MS support via IM on the Live website and, to make a very
    long story short, was told MS engineers were aware of the issue and that it would most likely be corrected within 24-48 hours. That was 75 hours ago.

Ive seen other have this issue before and some say to hard reboot, others to factory reset, yet others say to switch cables. Ive tried every logical correction for this and I STILL dont have access to my (very expensive) film and TV archive. Does anyone
    know whats going on here? And just how i can get this remedied?

:)

AngryFatThor, Aug 14, 2019
  2. AngryFatThor Win User

I discovered my HDMI port 3 (the one the XOS is plugged into) was not in 4k, but in 2k. That bettered the picture but didnt allow digital film to play. The XOS detects the TV fine. The only thing about it is it wont do 4k in 50hz. But, its been that way
    since I bought it and I’ve had no problem until a week ago. The cables are what came with the XB, and it hooked directly to the TV. In fact, the only things hooked to the TV are the XB and a sound bar. Theres a headset hookup and a cable box hooked up to the
    XB. But like I said, I’ve had no power outages or changed any settings myself, except now, in order to attempt to rectify this issue.
  3. AngryFatThor Win User

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I changed a few settings on my TV and Xbox; some your suggestions, others from the link you posted. Still nada. I did however test another Xbox I have in another room. Its a gen 1 (possibly gen 2; either way its a bit
    older) Xbox One. Its hooked to a slightly older 1080p HD TV and it worked just fine. I clicked on a few random movies and they played no problem. So it’s clearly an issue with 4k. Whether its the xbox or TV that has the issue, I dont know. Im guessing the
    Xbox, as itd be quite coincidental for Live to have an acknowledged issue at the exact same time this error began.
  4. AngryFatThor Win User

Actually, late last night I figured it out. I was actually just about to post this info, in fact. It wasnt my Xbox at all. I reset my TV back to factory and it started playing again. It was just a massive coincidence that LIVE was working on the app at the
    exact same time, I suppose.

FYI TO ALL THAT GET THE “0xc00d7159” ERROR CODE WHEN ATTEMPTING TO PLAY DIGITAL CONTENT IN ‘Movies & TV’ APP: it’s your TV/monitor that’s messing up, not your Xbox. Reset it; worked for me.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I changed a few settings on my TV and Xbox; some your suggestions, others from the link you posted. Still nada. I did however test another Xbox I have in another room. Its a gen 1 (possibly gen 2; either way its
    a bit older) Xbox One. Its hooked to a slightly older 1080p HD TV and it worked just fine. I clicked on a few random movies and they played no problem. So it’s clearly an issue with 4k. Whether its the xbox or TV that has the issue, I dont know. Im guessing
    the Xbox, as itd be quite coincidental for Live to have an acknowledged issue at the exact same time this error began.
    No problem, thanks for response.

Does the XBoxS automatically detect the Phillips 4K TV and is HDR10 available or not supported?

From memory I set my TV as stock standard and allowed XBox autodetect, but I'm using ARC so there was a setting on my TV that needed changing.

What change did you make to TV settings?
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Angry,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to get it working again. I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved. Please feel free to come back to the forums if you have any other issues, questions, or just want to create a discussion
    to talk to fellow gamers.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Error code 0xc00d7159 (HDCP) for Xbox Live Tv and Movies app - Similar Threads - Error code 0xc00d7159

2. error code 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8015190A: Can not download profile to my 360....keep getting this error...send help d0d043d8-9d29-4a0c-a82c-067d671f5285
  3. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  4. Error code E100 00000 703 80910002

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code E100 00000 703 80910002: Xbox series X will not update fe9a0552-5559-4bb1-bcc8-9ecc8d4a120b
  5. How to redeem a code after an error

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to redeem a code after an error: I was trying to redeem a Xbox gamepass and I put the code into the redeem section. It said there was an error and I could redeem it at that time. Later I tried to redeem it again and it said the...
  6. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  7. Error Code 0x80245006

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code 0x80245006: I am trying to download prime video and netflix and i keep getting this error code on my xbox series s 26c79346-f0a2-4d67-9080-d9ceae7afc3b
  8. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  9. Error Code 0xc00d7159

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0xc00d7159: Any time I try to watch any of my movies or TV shows I've purchased on my Xbox One there's no audio and the picture isn't in focus. normally when i get no sound, i turn my tv off and back on, and...
  10. Error Code 0xc00d7159

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 0xc00d7159: "Can't play. Your TV or monitor does not support the copy protection technology required to play this content." I call shenanigans. It played it well enough the day I bought the content, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc00d7159

2. films and tv app 0xc00d7159 on Xbox when hdmi is plugged In tv and xbox

3. error code 0xc00d7159 xbox

4. 0xc00d7159 tv movie app xbox one,
  5. 0xc00d7159 hdcp