Error code 0x87E00196

Discus and support Error code 0x87E00196 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm unable to download games or Gaming Services. I have one game (Unpacking) that I deleted from my game library, but it's stuck wanting to update.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by manda.grace, Oct 26, 2022.

1. manda.grace
    manda.grace Guest

Error code 0x87E00196

I'm unable to download games or Gaming Services. I have one game (Unpacking) that I deleted from my game library, but it's stuck wanting to update. When I go to gaming services it just says "retry" and gives the same error code. Windows is up to date. I have already tried the following:

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

and these

- Completely uninstall Xbox App and Xbox Companion App (if you have both).
    - After that, Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.
    - Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrectControlSet\Services
    - Delete "GamingServices" and "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- After that, click on Windows (or press Windows key on your keyboard) > Search for Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove.

- Restart Windows.

- On your PC settings, Open Settings then System -> Apps -> Apps & features -> look for Microsoft Store and click it. The advanced options link will appear. Click it. On the next page, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store to default settings.

- Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard. Select Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Finally, install Xbox App again. Open it and login to the correct Microsoft/Xbox account.

Error code 0x87E00196 [​IMG]

Error code 0x87E00196 [​IMG]

:)

manda.grace, Oct 26, 2022
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Resolve error code 0x87e00196

3. CLxYYi Win User

Why cant I chat with others on minecraft?

i cant download it from anywhere and i am receiving this error code: 0x87E00196
  4. ThatBlueLlama Win User

Sign in button on Xbox PC app not working?

Luckily, I didn't have to do that as just recently it has started working perfectly fine again. However, now whenever I try to download any games via the app it gives me the error code 0x87e00196. I have followed the instructions on this page Error 0x87e00196 occurs when you try to manage a game on Windows | Xbox Support but that gave me another error code (0x80070002). I believe it might be linked to some of the stuff we tried to fix the previous issue so any help would be appreciated.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Why cant I download anything from xbox game pass to my pc

6. JerryCotton IV Win User

error 0x80070005

Yes on PC trying to install new games on pc now I have a new error code 0x87e00196
Thema:

Error code 0x87E00196

1. Error code 0x87E00196 - Similar Threads - Error code 0x87E00196

2. Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196): I have been having issues all morning with downloading MSFS on PC. I force stopped, reset, and uninstalled the Xbox app and Gaming services but have had no luck with being able to download this...
  3. Any fix for error code 0x87e00196?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any fix for error code 0x87e00196?: Every time I've tried to install a game on the Xbox app since I got a new SSD the error code above pops up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times as well as resetting and...
  4. Error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e00196: The Xbox software always takes a little while to open, and whenever I try to install a game, it fails with the error code 0x87e00196. 9038d064-8c0f-4892-a009-358467bbe947
  5. Resolve error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolve error code 0x87e00196: How do I Resolve error code 0x87e00196 afe8988a-e3d9-4450-a939-19757fe9b8b9
  6. Gaming services error code 0x87e00196 fix out there?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services error code 0x87e00196 fix out there?: I have tried countless times of Terminating and resetting, Using powershell, restarting services, changed region and time with the no. Of times of reboot, I've lost count. Is there any possible...
  7. Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196: I have never had installation issues with games on the Xbox App before; this included Halo Infinite multiplayer. When I purchased the campaign over Christmas, it bugged out multiple times trying...
  8. I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196: I couldn't run forza 5, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. When I would try an reinstall it would say an error occurred. I then tried everything, resetting the store, using powershell but...
  9. Error code 0x87e00196, can't fix it [on PC]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e00196, can't fix it [on PC]: Alright, so I was researching this error code and issue and found my way to Microsoft's help page. I followed the Administrative terminal commands that the page suggested I use in order to force a...
  10. Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196: When i try to download a game on Microsoft store or xbox app it comes up with as problem, the error code is Code: 0x87E00196 and so far none of the videos related to this topic don't work. I have...