Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10)

Discus and support Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried preloading Starfield via Gamepass through Xbox pc app, and once I reached 55% I received error code '0x87e0000f'. -I have an extra 100gb of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YujiItadori, Sep 3, 2023.

1. YujiItadori
    YujiItadori Guest

I tried preloading Starfield via Gamepass through Xbox pc app, and once I reached 55% I received error code '0x87e0000f'.

-I have an extra 100gb of space on my SSD where Starfield is downloading.

-I have restarted my PC and Router multiple times.

-I have checked and updated my windows.

-I have updated the Xbox pc app, Microsoft store, and gaming services.

-Tried resetting/clearing the data caches of the Xbox pc app, Microsoft store.

-Have uninstalled and reinstalled gaming services through Microsoft PowerShell.

-Tried temporarily disabling IPV6, then re-enabling it.

-Tried resuming through a VPN connected to a different area within country, then in another country.

-Used Windows Troubleshooting services

-Same account for both Microsoft store and Xbox app

If someone could reply with a working solution to this or a reason as to why this error has appeared, that would be very helpful because I don't want to redownload Starfield or try repairing through Windows ISO. Thanks Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10) :)

Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10) [​IMG]

:)

YujiItadori, Sep 3, 2023
  2. Cristiana_C Win User

Did you have 2 different ram memories installed? Or bought on 2 different occasions ?

Cristiana
  3. voidhanger Win User

I had the same issue. Turns out it was due to ram/memory instability. Changed the ram speed from 3600mhz to 3200mhz and the download went perfectly after that.
  4. gordugOG Win User

I had this issue and no matter how many times I retried the download it was stuck at 3.1GB.

I canceled the download and started again and now it's working.

I guess it's not handling retries well?
  5. Cristiana_C Win User

Hello!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble downloading Starfield via Gamepass on your Xbox PC app. The error code ‘0x87e0000f’ usually indicates a network problem, but it seems like you’ve already tried several network troubleshooting steps. Did you also try restarting your device?

Here are a few more things you could try:

1. Check your antivirus software: Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with downloads. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus software and then attempt the download again.
    2. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter: This tool can sometimes resolve issues related to Windows Update, which might be affecting your ability to download games.
    3. Check for updates to the game: Sometimes, this error can occur if there’s an update available for the game you’re trying to download. Check the game’s page in the Xbox app to see if there’s an update available.
    4. Try a wired connection: If you’re currently using a wireless connection, try switching to a wired connection if possible.
    I hope this helps! Let me know if there are any more questions.

Also, the game is not officially released yet and will not be unlocked until Sept 6. Can you please let me know if you're still experiencing issues?

Cristiana
  6. voidhanger Win User

Recently upgraded my cpu from 3700x to 5600x. 32 gb memory (2x16gb set Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600mhz) was stable with the 3700x, but not the 5600x. I'm still on a b350 motherboard, which is probably the reason. Not expecting any new bios updates for a six year old motherboard, so unless I find the time to tinker with timings, I guess I have to settle with 3200mhz.
Thema:

1. Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Error code 0x87e0000f

2. error code 0x87e0000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x87e0000f: I recently downloaded several games on PC Gamepass, the last of which was Nier: Automata which keeps stopping at 23.2Gb (just over halfway) and throwing up that error code. I have tried to...
  3. Error code 0x87E0000F every time I try to download COD®

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87E0000F every time I try to download COD®: Xbox One S Every time I try to download Call of Duty the download starts (it doesn't go even 1 MB) and then stops with the error code 0x87E0000F. This ONLY happens with Call of Duty as my other...
  4. Error code 0x87e0000f when downloading The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000f when downloading The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: I'm trying to download the game, but exactly at 56% with 15.4GB downloaded, the error happens and i can't continue the download. Tried cancelling and trying again, but the exact same thing happens...
  5. PC Gamepass Download Error Code 0x87e0000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Gamepass Download Error Code 0x87e0000f: [img] a Hello! Whenever I try and install Halo Infinite and ONLY Halo Infinite it gives me the Network Error Code (0x87e0000f). I tried downloading other games and it works perfectly fine, its...
  6. code error 0x87e0000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    code error 0x87e0000f: Split from this thread. Having the same issue as OP, trying to install Warhammer 40k Darktide. Did all of the steps in the troubleshooting guide, hasn't resolved the problem at all. went from...
  7. code error 0x87e0000f

in XBoX on Windows
    code error 0x87e0000f: installing football manager 2023, 2 days, no progress (or very slow progress both apps up to date and same account (store / xbox app) ssd - 200gb avalaible previously, i install fifa 23 and dont...
  8. Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass: Downloading Starfield, it got stuck at 77% with the error code detailed above. Tried restarting computer, same thing. Tried canceling download, same thing (at 77% same error code). Have 370Gb left...
  9. error code 0x87e0000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x87e0000f: [img] how can i fix ive downloaded it first time it was stuck at 67% canceled it and then redownloaded it sill same error? 0a6e1141-cc04-49e2-b965-f8c21e2bb405
  10. Error Code 0X87e0000f Age of Empires 4

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error Code 0X87e0000f Age of Empires 4: Hi This game is giving me A LOT of trouble trying to download. Im pretty sure its related to access control but the game always downloads a certain amount of data then pops up an error code. i...