error code 0x80a40008

Discus and support error code 0x80a40008 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; still waiting I've already swallowed my pride an made a back up acct just so I can play. I got my ticket prioritized on Wednesday and still haven't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WearyCub4085038, Mar 7, 2014.

  1. error code 0x80a40008


    still waiting I've already swallowed my pride an made a back up acct just so I can play. I got my ticket prioritized on Wednesday and still haven't heard anything ill keep everyone posted an good luck guys :/
     
    WearyCub4085038, Mar 9, 2014
    #16
  2. I can't believe they are so clueless as to what is going on. It's clearly something to do with the Xbox police going full force after the update and messing up everyone's accounts by changing their gamertags. And you address the issue with support and they
    try to make it about a different issue. Clueless!
     
    I AM IRON DREAM, Mar 9, 2014
    #17
  3. I got switched to networking two different times b/c they were saying its something with my ip but I have another profile I can pay perfectly fine with. their way of getting out of any reimbursement.
     
    WearyCub4085038, Mar 9, 2014
    #18
  4. lvl1 Umbreon
    lvl1 Umbreon Guest

    error code 0x80a40008

    This just happened to me now. My gamer tag WAS DeepThroatDemon and they automatically changed it but then i changed it again and they just submitted my request. They need to fix this like ASAP
     
    lvl1 Umbreon, Mar 9, 2014
    #19
  5. they dont understand the issue i swear. a coding issue happened when the update went through and the xbox police went on patrol to get rid of all the "naughty" gamer tags. they are lost right now. and you cant explain the problem to them because they think
    its something else. has anyone actually called about this?
     
    I AM IRON DREAM, Mar 9, 2014
    #20
  6. I called Wednesday and Friday an still haven't heard anything back so its a waiting game. ive heard people cant still play on their 360's.
     
    WearyCub4085038, Mar 9, 2014
    #21
  7. i can play on my 360 just fine. its ridiculous.
     
    I AM IRON DREAM, Mar 9, 2014
    #22
  8. error code 0x80a40008

    yea man I have no clue hopefully its straight but tomorrow sits getting old...
     
    WearyCub4085038, Mar 9, 2014
    #23
  9. Lol. I also can play with the other accounts I already have on the xbox one.

    I just got angry at Rahul or Rajid or whatever his name was when he kept running through all of these things. He kept linking me to FAQ and saying follow this and that and it has 5 different symptoms on the page none being mine.

    I understand in the modern day business model that support is outsourced to call centers in Bangladesh cause it's cheap and they just read through a procedure manual to answer you, I get it, you need these people to field questions from e-tards/n00bs who
    don't require anything more than that.

    BUT surely you have a couple of people within your company from countries where English is there first language and with more technical ability, that can take over when that's not enough. I get it may require coding changes in the dashboard and an update,
    get someone in the know to tell me that then.

    This has gone too far!
     
    MiA Buttreekz, Mar 9, 2014
    #24
  10. This is getting real old real quick
     
    MiA Buttreekz, Mar 9, 2014
    #25
  11. I get the same error code. Just started yesterday. Been talking to tech support for hours. Tried every possible solution. But nothing seems to work. Didn't have this problem until they changed my Gamertag. I've had the Gamertag TrAsHbOaTbXtCh for a year
    and now they want to change it. I re-downloaded on my 360 and everything downloaded just fine but, when i tried to recover it on my xbox one i get the error code 0x80a40008. They told me to wait 4 days also. Btw they forced changed my Gamertag to lazycub
    lmao..
     
    LazyCub75396380, Mar 9, 2014
    #26
  12. Yea I got thos error code 3 days ago. Have tried talking to these people but they are clueless. I was getting angry. And I dont get angry. But people are saying its an update and sh*t but they really meed to re-update it and get this fixed. Titanfall comes
    out in 2 days and I better be able to play it on my account. Ive been with xbox since the first one and have had gold for 6 years, and this is what I get.
     
    SpurmAssassin, Mar 9, 2014
    #27
  13. error code 0x80a40008

    thats me had xbox since the original an got live when halo came out... way to treat you customers microsoft.
     
    WearyCub4085038, Mar 9, 2014
    #28
  14. i just made a new microsoft account and transfer my profile over to the new account. you lose your money on your account but thats since i only have a few bucks now anyways. it wouldnt let me on the 360 saying it couldnt complete it at that time. so i contact
    support. they tell me its not possible to do that. im like ummmmm yes it is it says it right there on the 360. they said no that only changes your email associated with you account. HOW STUPID CAN THESE PEOPLE BE??? give me Americans!
     
    I AM IRON DREAM, Mar 10, 2014
    #29
  15. Try again today, please. error code 0x80a40008 :) Your accounts should be able to sign in now.
     
    eco-D078FEDD-DC69-4149-948D-CB8C77379B94, Mar 11, 2014
    #30
Thema:

error code 0x80a40008

Loading...
  1. error code 0x80a40008 - Similar Threads - error code 0x80a40008

  2. Potential fix for error codes 0x8B050033, 0x00000000, and 0x00000201.

    in XboX Insiders
    Potential fix for error codes 0x8B050033, 0x00000000, and 0x00000201.: I had this issue, but I fixed it. Before I fixed it I reached out to XBOX support and they escalated it to a specialist team. They gave me these methods to fix the issue, hope this helps any of...
  3. Forza Horizon 6 Error code (0x8060008)

    in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 6 Error code (0x8060008): I played Forza Horizon 6 on the cloud like 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to play online since. Multiple tickets have been submitted and I've yet to hear anything. Ive never cheated or done...
  4. Error code after joining alpha through inside hub app on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Error code after joining alpha through inside hub app on Series X: I've received error code 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201 right after joining the alpha skip ahead through the insider hub app on my Series X. "Try again" is not working. Tried pressing it...
  5. Error code after joining to play test Reforj & have restarted my console

    in XboX Insiders
    Error code after joining to play test Reforj & have restarted my console: So as it says above i joined to play test Reforj, it said i would need to reboot my console (xbox series x) after which i have done. However i keep getting the following error code cv:...
  6. Error code 0x80190193 pc gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    Error code 0x80190193 pc gamepass: I’ve had this error since trying to download a game on Friday. It won’t let me install anything or update anything. I’ve tried the Microsoft repair tool, checking my network, uninstalling and...
  7. Error Code 0x80a40008

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 0x80a40008: Split from this thread. I am having trouble signing my Xbox live account into my new Xbox 1. I typed in my email and password for my account and selected my parent's account to approve the...
  8. Error Code 0x80a40008

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 0x80a40008: I am having trouble signing my Xbox live account into my new Xbox 1. I typed in my email and password for my account and selected my parent's account to approve the Terms of Agreement. A message...
  9. Keep getting error code 0x80a40008 even trying to sign in on xbox one

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting error code 0x80a40008 even trying to sign in on xbox one: As of yesterday after a whole year. Xbox wants to change my Gamertag. I was told it was inappropriate. That's understandable. It was previously TrAsHbOaTbXtCh. Now Lazycub.. Out of all the...
  10. Xbox One Error Code:0x80a40008

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Error Code:0x80a40008: It now seems the only people that get this code are the ones with the Xbox One Update Preview.I still after 2 days cannot access my account without it prompting me Try Again Later. There was a...