Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc

Discus and support Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We can't install xbox app from microsoft store. We get: Error Code: 0x803FB005 - My teenage son uninstalled it on his machine because it was crashing,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gwmacdonald, Dec 1, 2023.

1. gwmacdonald
    gwmacdonald Guest

We can't install xbox app from microsoft store. We get: Error Code: 0x803FB005 - My teenage son uninstalled it on his machine because it was crashing, when he went to reinstall it that is when the problem started as far as not being able to install it again.

What we have tried

1. Windows 10 apps from app store are all updated
    2. Nvidia driver is updated
    3. Windows 10 is up to date (We even reinstalled windows 10, clean install formatting the hard drive first)
    4. As admin we reset store: WSReset.exe
    5. I added my account to this pc and I was able to install it fine for myself, but my son cannot install it using his account, he's been using it, this is a new issue on his computer.

None of these things worked, wondering if anyone else has any ideas?

:)

gwmacdonald, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Elyoh(2) Win User

Microsoft Store"Gaming Service"and another PC GAME cannot install,error code︰0x803FB005

Hi guys,

Exact same issue, new install of Windows 10 and the "Gaming Servies" app won't install thanks to the 0x803FB005 error. Second day now and it still won't work, having done all the suggested methods for fixing the issue. Not a good first experience with the
    Windows 10 gaming platform...
  3. Mister Rush Win User

Hi. Has everyone now managed to fix their issues?
    I can download and update everything now. But the xbox app still try to update with no success, it opens and stay on updating status at 0%

Hi there,

Have you tried running the Gaming Services Repair Tool listed here? It's an official downloadable tool that you can run that can help the Xbox app get past issues like this when ran:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Try the steps under the "Downloadable version" drop down considering where your Xbox app is currently stuck.
  4. trent284 Win User

Just checked in again and the app has downloaded. Thanks.
  5. Bartosz Holecko Win User

Same for me. All apps, including Store itself were successfully updated for the first time now. Xbox app is working
  6. JMVMJ Win User

Unfortunately the issue is still present, and it's presenting in the same fashion as it has been all day. I am still unable to download the xbox app on my laptop, as well as my desktop. I even took my laptop to my mother-in-law's to see if it maybe it was a network/ISP issue. Still didn't work.

Seems silly to me to continue paying for game pass when I can't use it.
Thema:

1. Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x803FB005

2. error code 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8015190A: Can not download profile to my 360....keep getting this error...send help d0d043d8-9d29-4a0c-a82c-067d671f5285
  3. PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11: Based on the recent forum posts, some as recent as an hour or 30 minutes ago, I'm not the only person having this issue. I uninstalled the Xbox app because it is broken, it kept insisting that I...
  4. Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.: I'm able to download other apps such as netflix fine. Ive even tried to download it from the xbox website and get problems there too. Ive reset the store and gone through all troubleshooting tips...
  5. Error code 0x803fb005 when trying to instal xbox app (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x803fb005 when trying to instal xbox app (PC): After getting an error message in my Xbox app telling me I needed to update, I checked for an update in the Windows store. I couldn't find anything, so I uninstalled the app and tried reinstalling...
  6. Minecraft will not download due to error Code: 0x803FB005

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft will not download due to error Code: 0x803FB005: Hi All Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. My Minecraft was working fine for months but I noticed it was not being updated to the latest version via Microsoft Store. After trying many...
  7. Won't let me download Minecraft for Windows 10, Error Code 0x803FB005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me download Minecraft for Windows 10, Error Code 0x803FB005: [img] I already own this game, I searched all across the web on how to fix it, "wsreset",sign out and in,PowerShell,all of that were just same old replies on all of the other questions, and all...
  8. Error Code 0x803fb005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x803fb005: When I try to install any app on my Xbox One S I get the error code 0x803fb005 with the message saying Installation Stopped, I have tried turning it on and off, restarting it and even unplugging...
  9. "Installation Stopped" followed by error code 0x803fb005 when trying to install Minecraft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Installation Stopped" followed by error code 0x803fb005 when trying to install Minecraft...: I uninstalled Minecraft as it stopped tracking statistics like Time Played and tried to reinstall it only to get multiple Installation Stopped notifications followed by error code 0x803fb005. I've...
  10. Microsoft Store"Gaming Service"and another PC GAME cannot install,error code︰0x803FB005

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store"Gaming Service"and another PC GAME cannot install,error code︰0x803FB005: I used different way to solve this error ->Today reinstall window10 ->Done all Window Updated However I cannot solve the problem Before I reinstall window 10, I used different solutions from...