Error code 0x803f8001 (Do you own this game or app?) Can't start up digital version Fallout 3 ...

Discus and support Error code 0x803f8001 (Do you own this game or app?) Can't start up digital version Fallout 3 ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My wife gave me a regular copy of Fallout 4 as a birthday gift. It came with a free download code for Fallout 3. For some reason it did not allow me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sgt Argonnath, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Error code 0x803f8001 (Do you own this game or app?) Can't start up digital version Fallout 3 ...

My wife gave me a regular copy of Fallout 4 as a birthday gift. It came with a free download code for Fallout 3. For some reason it did not allow me to redeem the code straight away. I had to change my location to USA (I live in Finland). After that I am
    able to download the game but it doesn't start up at all. I have tried few things:

1) Switching the location of my xbox one to Finland/USA

2) Reinstallation of Fallout 3 from xbox store

3) Power Cycle

4) Cleared the Blu-ray's persistent storage

None of the above worked. Any suggestions?

This is also my home xbox and I am connected to (silver) xbox live atm. My old 360 did download and start up the game with no issues. However I don't use that console anymore as most of the games I play work on XBO.

:)

Sgt Argonnath, Jul 31, 2017
  2. Digital version of Halo Wars won't start up (0x803f8001)

Same here, not working, when i click on the game it come up with Do you own this game or app? error code 0x803f8001.

N1KKI-100EE818-69B9-4A07-BEB9-6630F4BA377F, Jul 31, 2017
  3. Error 0x803F8001 Do you own this game or app?

Whenever I try to start up Minecraft it says Do you own this game or app and then about xbox live diffrent accounts.Everything is right, Im on right account Im connected to xbox live but it keeps showing that same error everytime I tried reinstalling the
    game and xbox. I did buy Minecraft on 360 but it shows up on xbox one as if I own the game Im confused. None of the guides on the Internet helped.

UnfairerShrimp7, Jul 31, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Error code 0x803f8001 (Do you own this game or app?) Can't start up digital version Fallout 3 ...

Hey there Sgt Argonnath.

If the code was intended for use in the United States, the issue would be on the regional side of things. Unfortunately, cross-region accounts aren't supported on the Xbox One, while your Xbox One may be set to the US, your connection is physically in Finland
    which would be causing some issues starting the game. In order to access Fallout 3 we recommend purchasing a copy of it intended for use in your region. Thanks for your understanding!

Mister Maka, Aug 4, 2017
  5. Kayrissy Win User
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Error code 0x803f8001 (Do you own this game or app?) Can't start up digital version Fallout 3 on XBO

Hey there Sgt Argonnath.

If the code was intended for use in the United States, the issue would be on the regional side of things. Unfortunately, cross-region accounts aren't supported on the Xbox One, while your Xbox One may be set to the US, your connection is physically in Finland
    which would be causing some issues starting the game. In order to access Fallout 3 we recommend purchasing a copy of it intended for use in your region. Thanks for your understanding!
  7. N1KKI-100EE818-69B9- Win User

Digital version of Halo Wars won't start up (0x803f8001)

Same here, not working, when i click on the game it come up with Do you own this game or app? error code 0x803f8001.
  8. xXDemonBlad3Xx Win User

Digital version of Halo Wars won't start up (0x803f8001)

I am too having same issue. I used a code for a digital download of Fallout 3 about a month ago. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet until attempting to today. I received an error message stating that "Do you own this game or app? *description of message*
    and then the error code 0x803f8001 in parantheses. I've tried resetting the dashboard, uninstalling/reinstalling, hard resetting my Xbox One console, checked all of my internet connections no problems there, clearing alternate Mac address, signing in/out,
    checked to see if my profile wasn't in offline mode, checked download history I am good there. Please fix soon. I'd like to revisit Fallout 3 great game.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

Transferring Games Onto New XBOX One All Digital

Afraid not.Like you said,you would need to insert the disc to install the game which you obviously can't do on the all digital xbox one.

The only way to get your games would be to buy the digital version of that game.

As for the error code on your other xbox,there are a few things you can try HERE
Thema:

1. Error code 0x803f8001 (Do you own this game or app?) Can't start up digital version Fallout 3 ... - Similar Threads - Error code 0x803f8001

2. Anytime I try and play a game from the gamepass i get the error code 0x803F8001.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anytime I try and play a game from the gamepass i get the error code 0x803F8001.: For example, when opening MS Flight Simulator it tells me it currently isn't available in my account and to make sure I am signed into the store and to try again. I know for a fact I am signed...
  3. Error Code 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x803F8001: Trying to access Monster Train as I always do and i get the following error: Monster Train is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again....
  4. error code 0x803F8001 problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x803F8001 problem: two games I previously downloaded, city skyline 2 and warhammer darktide, became unavailable after I renewed my subscription of PGP, the error code is usually 0x803F8001 or sometimes "file system...
  5. ERROR CODE: 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ERROR CODE: 0x803F8001: Here is the message it shows: Jurassic World Evolution 2: Dominion Biosyn Expansion PC is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the store and try again. Here’s...
  6. Error code 0x803F8001 for a couple of games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x803F8001 for a couple of games: I have games on disk it happened after doing an account reset for a game . It popped on most games ️ but 2 which is strange even thou I have pysical copies of the disks ....
  7. My EA FC 24 has installed on my Xbox but is giving error code 0x803f8001 and won’t launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My EA FC 24 has installed on my Xbox but is giving error code 0x803f8001 and won’t launch: My EA FC 24 is installed and in my library but won’t launch it’s asking if I own the app. How can I fix this I have tried as 2 days now to no avail 48bf0f0b-344d-4e27-b8a5-94c6b9f72e4d
  8. error code 0x803F8001 still around

in XBoX Accessibility
    error code 0x803F8001 still around: using the xbox app on pc. i pay for gamepass ultimate. been paying for years and have had no previous issues playing gamepass when games like halo infinite and high on life came out. now starfield...
  9. I keep getting the error code,: 0x803F8001 and I cant seem to fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting the error code,: 0x803F8001 and I cant seem to fix it: So I was trying to play Mortal Kombat 11 but I keep getting this message "Mortal Kombat™ 11 is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again....
  10. Error code 0x803F8001 when launching games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x803F8001 when launching games.: I've been getting the error 0x803F8001 whenever I try launch Fallout 4 and New Vegas. Its only these 2 games that I've experienced this. Also I'm using the Xbox app on PC...