Error code 0x80073cfe, Unknown error, can't play game

Discus and support Error code 0x80073cfe, Unknown error, can't play game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just going to post something about this every day until maybe there's a reply. It's kind of depressing that my notoriously terrible cable company can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zatoichi USA, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Zatoichi USA
    Zatoichi USA Guest

Just going to post something about this every day until maybe there's a reply. It's kind of depressing that my notoriously terrible cable company can respond faster than Microsoft. Receiving error code 0x80073cfe. Was sent to website to identify, but
    Microsoft somehow doesn't know their own error code. Code is received when attempting to play newly downloaded games and apps. Forza Horizon 3 was bought in online store, Dragon Age Origins was acquired via Xbox Live Gold, and the EA app was a free download.
    None will load, and I receive the aforementioned error code. I've tried multiple launch attempts, restarting the system, disconnecting and reconnecting the controller, unplugging the system for 30 seconds then restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the
    software. Since I see unanswered posts regarding this code over a year old, I'm hoping enough posts will get some reaction. I have stopped buying product until this is resolved and urge others to do the same.

:)

Zatoichi USA, Jun 22, 2017
  2. HALOOOM
    HALOOOM Guest
    I can't play any game.

I can't play any videogame. The Error code is: 0x80073cfe

HALOOOM, Jun 22, 2017
  3. error code 0x80073cfe

Check your network connection to make sure you are connected then factory restore but keep your game and apps

Go to network settings > advance settings > alt mac address > clear then restart to make sure you are connected

Check your Xbox for updates in my games and apps > updates and under settings > system > updates

If none of these steps work go to settings > system > console info > reset console

MandatedFiend75, Jun 22, 2017
  4. CaiusAegis Win User

PC Xbox Game Pass Error Code issues

Thank you for the reply though sadly none of the methods fixed my current issue. I'm still getting both the same error codes as before. Though I get them for different games. One game will give me the
    0x80004005 code while another will give me 0x80073cfe. It's not exactly consistent with what games give which error code.
  5. MandatedFiend75 Win User

error code 0x80073cfe

Check your network connection to make sure you are connected then factory restore but keep your game and apps

Go to network settings > advance settings > alt mac address > clear then restart to make sure you are connected

Check your Xbox for updates in my games and apps > updates and under settings > system > updates

If none of these steps work go to settings > system > console info > reset console
  6. ChadSnyder1 Win User

Help, I can't install the xbox app and I get error code 0x80073cfe every time I try

Ran the SFC and got no errors, ran the DISM and rebooted. Opened the xbox app and it says I need to install gaming services, when I click the button to do so it just freezes on installing. When I open Microsoft Store and check the updates I see that the gaming services update failed with the 0x80073CFE error code.
  7. Julian Smith Win User

Disc-based games stuck on the start splash screen

Sorry - forgot to say the error code. The message box telling me the game had failed to load for unknown reason gave an error code of 0x8027025a
  8. CyberHunter82 Win User

Can't activate xbox live code

Hi, yes, i try to activate this code both on console and on xbox.com and i get unknown error :(

I have two codes, first come with console, and i activate it,

second come with "world of tanks" game and i can't activate it.
Thema:

1. Error code 0x80073cfe, Unknown error, can't play game - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80073cfe

2. Error code 0x80073CFE on Microsoft Store and Xbox Installer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80073CFE on Microsoft Store and Xbox Installer: Hello, I am trying to install MFS2020 on Microsoft store and comes with the error code 0x80073CFE or 0x80004005. I recently uninstalled the Xbox app in attempt to fix the issue but failed. I have...
  3. My minecraft won’t uninstall, it keeps giving me error code 0x80073cfe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft won’t uninstall, it keeps giving me error code 0x80073cfe: i keep trying to update my minecraft from the microsoft store but it keeps saying “something happened on our end” and then whenever i try to delete it i get a notification saying “We couldn’t...
  4. Unable to install or even modify game installations on PC (Error Code 0x80073CFE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install or even modify game installations on PC (Error Code 0x80073CFE): So I've had a copy of Minecraft for Windows 10 for a while now, but for some time I've also been having issues trying to use it as every time it has prompted me for an update recently it never...
  5. I keep getting error code (0x80073CFE) when trying to install the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code (0x80073CFE) when trying to install the xbox app: yes my computer has the recommended specs. ea8ca1c0-92a0-44d9-85e5-74c3aa31c6e3
  6. Xbox 1 0x80073cfe Error code. Your site can't Identify, no answers on forums

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1 0x80073cfe Error code. Your site can't Identify, no answers on forums: Attempting to play new games on Xbox 1 and receiving this error code upon attempting launch. Purchased Forza Horizon 3e, downloaded Dragon Age Origins via Xbox Gold membership and got the EA...
  7. error code 0x80073cfe

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 0x80073cfe: Every time i try to play a game or go to the xbox store on my xbox one, it always sends me to the home page and will not let me play a game or go to store for any reason. i have been trying for...
  8. Xbox One error code : 0x80073cfe

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One error code : 0x80073cfe: today i bought PES2018, it intalled normaly, but when i try to launch i get this Error. The message is: Something went wrong, try again. and the error code I get is 0x80073cfe. Im not in Insider...
  9. 0x80073cfe Unidentified Error Code on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x80073cfe Unidentified Error Code on Xbox One: Purchased Forza 3 and received Dragon Age Origins from my Gold membership. Downloaded both and attempted to launch. Both failed, as well as an EA app I downloaded. Error code was 0x80073cfe. I...
  10. Error code 0x80073cfe

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80073cfe: So I was trying to play overwatch over on my Xbox one then all of sudden when I click on the game I immediately get backed out of it with the error code0x80073cfe. I can't even click on my network...