Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2

Discus and support Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Problems with error code 0x80073CF9 while trying to download a game on Xbox application on windows 10, and on the Microsoft, cannot figure out the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by naomi payan, Sep 28, 2023.

1. naomi payan
    naomi payan Guest

Problems with error code 0x80073CF9 while trying to download a game on Xbox application on windows 10, and on the Microsoft, cannot figure out the issue as to why I cannot download. this error code is now popping up as well, Code: 0x803FB107

I have tried PowerShell route,

Cmd prompt, Ip-config release and renew route, Disabling firewall, repairing both apps, and restoring them,

I have tried Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Nothing yet has worked and I still can't download halo wars.

:)

naomi payan, Sep 28, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello naomi payan,

Thank you for letting us know that the prior solution did not help resolve the issue. We do have other strategy to try.

We would like to ask additional questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. How many drives are there in your device?

2. In your Xbox app, under general settings, which drive is set as your default location for your games and apps?

For the meantime, we can set the default drive where your games and apps be installed. Here are the steps:

1. First, open the PC Settings app by pressing the keyboard shortcut Win + I.
    2. Go to the "System → Storage" page in the Settings app.
    3. On the right page, click on the "Change where new content is saved" link under More Storage Settings section.
    4. Under the "New apps will save to" option, select your target drive from the drop-down menu and click on the "Apply" button.
    5. You may select the desired drive from the drop-down menu.
    6. Go back to the Xbox App and try to select the drive and see if that worked.

Additionally, if the issue still persists, we may ask further assistance from the Windows team who are expert on issues on Windows application. We will help you how to get there if in case.

Sincerely,

3. naomi payan Win User

Hello ,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to download and install the game Halo Wars 2 through your Xbox application in your Windows 10 device and cannot proceed due to an error. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

The error code presented would mean it is preventing you to install the game or app from Microsoft store or Xbox app. Here are the things that we can perform.

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Reset Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

Reset Microsoft Store

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.

Repair and Reset Xbox app

• Click Start and click Settings. Or press Windows key + I and click on Apps then installed apps.

• Scroll down and locate Xbox Accessories app.

• Click on the dots to the right and choose Advanced options.

• Scroll down and click on Repair and then if still not working, click on Reset.

3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

5. If you are using third-party antivirus, try disabling it install the game again.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A
    Hi! I'm still having the same error Code(s) I have tried everything you've suggested,

• and I've tried the Admin PowerShell command and this is what I got as a result:
      [​IMG]

and the other command for PowerShell took me to gaming services, but there was no pop-up and there's no install option for gaming services,

Xbox app still wont allow me to install my halo wars 2 on there either, I receive the same error codes,

and I am using the same Microsoft account for both applications

I've tried to repair both apps and reset them, I've done 2. Reset Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

• An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.

• this still has not worked, I'm still getting the same error codes: 0x803FB107 seem to only appear sometimes, but this one is appearing more often: 0x80073CF9

One thing is weird that I've noticed is that I receive this pop up every time in the Microsoft store.: I certainly have enough space to download halo wars 2, but it still pops up that I need more space, and my other drive has 400.5 GB of space.

[​IMG]

another weird thing is sometimes the install button for halo wars 2 on the Microsoft store would be greyed out after clicking ''Free up space'' then I have to quit my app, and settings to get back to the store page, any other ideas? I've tried everything you've suggested.

See my previous reply for more details
  4. naomi payan Win User

Hi! I'm still having the same error Code(s) I have tried

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

• and I've tried the Admin PowerShell command and this is what I got as a result:
      [​IMG]

and the other command for PowerShell took me to gaming services, but there was no pop-up and there's no install option for gaming services,

Xbox app still wont allow me to install my halo wars 2 on there either, I receive the same error codes,

and I am using the same Microsoft account for both applications

I've tried to repair both apps and reset them, I've done 2. Reset Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

Reset Microsoft Store

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • this still has not worked, I'm still getting the same error codes: 0x803FB107 seem to only appear sometimes, but this one is appearing more often: 0x80073CF9

One thing is weird that I've noticed is that I receive this pop up every time in the Microsoft store.: I certainly have enough space to download halo wars 2, but it still pops up that I need more space, and my other drive has 400.5 GB of space
    [​IMG]

another weird thing is sometimes the install button for halo wars 2 on the Microsoft store would be greyed out after clicking ''Free up space'' then I have to quit my app, and settings to get back to the store page, any other ideas? I've tried everything you've suggested.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello naomi payan,

Thank you for letting us know the solution that helped fix the problem. It was indeed a more complicated issue that includes repairing hard drive errors and changing some settings with the registry is an effective approach to help fix the problem. This is a Windows related issue which is best supported by one of our dedicated team.

NTFS file encryption is a feature of Windows that allows you to protect your files and folders from unauthorized access by encrypting them with a password. However, some games may not be compatible with this feature and may fail to install or run properly on an encrypted drive. Therefore, you may need to turn off NTFS file encryption on your C drive or the drive where you want to install the game. To do this, you need to edit the Windows registry and change the value of the NtfsDisableEncryption DWORD to 0. This will enable or disable NTFS file encryption for all users on your PC .

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincerely,

6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello naomi payan,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It could be related to changing the default drive where you can install the games and apps. We have found similar threads which you can check the resolution shared by some of the members of the community. You can check it on the following links below:

If the issue still persists, we may need the assistance from Windows team to assist us further because the issue might be related to your Windows application which got corrupted.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2 - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80073CF9

2. How can I update when I am receiving two error codes, 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I update when I am receiving two error codes, 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490?: I have been trying to update the app, but I keep receiving two error codes 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490. I have tried everything I could, but nothing has worked. I am unable to use my game pass...
  3. my xbox app will not download and i get the error code 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox app will not download and i get the error code 0x80073cf9: i would love to have some help on getting my xbox app working 0c6d4ae5-9045-46cd-8486-a9d4925c6387
  4. Xbox error code 0x80073CF9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox error code 0x80073CF9: I recently booted up my pc and tried to open the xbox app and was greeted with a message that says it is unable to open. I clicked the link to the Microsoft store and tried to redownload the app...
  5. I cannot download Sea Of Thives Error Code: 0x80073CF9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download Sea Of Thives Error Code: 0x80073CF9: I got the gamepass and i can download any game i want with the exception of Sea of Thives. When i try to download the game i get this error code : 0x80073CF9 be14dc09-e7c4-4ff4-9f09-9ae5d040a033
  6. trying to reinstall Microsoft Solitaire get error code 0x80073cf9.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    trying to reinstall Microsoft Solitaire get error code 0x80073cf9.: Tried reinstalling after doing a reformat. Get the above error code 0x80073cf9. Tried to uninstall in all possible ways still same thing. This is the only game with the issue after reinstalling...
  7. Cant download sea of thives on the Xbox game pass. Error code: 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant download sea of thives on the Xbox game pass. Error code: 0x80073cf9: Been having this problem for a couple months now and the reason I have not asked a question sooner is because someone said I should just wait for Microsoft to automatically fix this problem. The...
  8. Keep getting Code: 0x80073CF9 error when downloading from the game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep getting Code: 0x80073CF9 error when downloading from the game pass: When trying to download "Sea of Thieves" from the box game pass on my windows 10 Version: 21h2 I get an Error Code: 0x80073CF9 I have tried downloading from both the XboxInstaller app and from...
  9. Error code : 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code : 0x80073cf9: Hello, I wanted to try the Xbox game pass, but when I tried to download anything via the Microsoft store it will give me an error "0x80073cf9", I've tried everything I could find on the internet...
  10. Xbox App Error code 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Error code 0x80073cf9: Hello So, I was wanting to download forager on the Xbox app via gamepass but, I got the error code 0x80073cf9. I looked on the event viewer and saw that I had a couple new errors and they read...