Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Forza Motorsport

Discus and support Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Forza Motorsport in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've this issue since 3 days now and got to no real solution. I have tried many of the web's available possible solution, but not one of them... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaGe-Jacob, Oct 4, 2023.

1. RaGe-Jacob
    RaGe-Jacob Guest

Hey,

I've this issue since 3 days now and got to no real solution.

I have tried many of the web's available possible solution, but not one of them was helping.

All of the information I have found was old, and maybe outdated though.

Therefore I'm asking now here for a possible solution.

My installation is steady stuck at 14% and does not process any further.

It doesn't matter if I want to start the installation as a whole new or try to progress and "restart" normal, it's stuck.

:)

RaGe-Jacob, Oct 4, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hello RaGe-Jacob,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi RaGe-Jacob,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are experiencing an error code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Forza Motorsport. I'm here to help you with this issue.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting steps, I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem you're facing.
    - Are you installing the game on Windows device or Xbox console?

- If you're on Windows device, I would like to ask for the Windows version.

Error code 0x80070005 is a common error that occurs when there is a permission issue with the Windows operating system. This error can occur when you try to install or update an application on your computer.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

- Click on Update & Security.

- Click on Troubleshoot.

- Scroll down and click on Windows Store Apps.

- Click on Run the troubleshooter.

- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooter.

2. Reset the Microsoft Store cache:

- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

- Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

- Wait for the command to complete and then try to pre-install Forza Motorsport again.

3. Check your account permissions:

- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

- Click on Accounts.

- Click on Family & other users.

- Check if your account has administrator permissions. If not, click on your account and select Change account type to change it to an administrator account.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try resetting the Microsoft Store app. Here are the steps to reset the Microsoft Store app:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter.

3. Wait for the command to complete and then try to pre-install Forza Motorsport again.

If the issue persists, you can try reinstalling the Microsoft Store app. Here are the steps to reinstall the Microsoft Store app:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. Type "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" and press Enter.

3. Wait for the command to complete and then try to pre-install Forza Motorsport again.

Then if you're trying to install the game on Xbox console. You may visit this website for troubleshooting: Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. We look forward for your response.

Cheers,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Cities: Skylines II

Hello DravenXBOX, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Please try to do the following processes:

1) Verify that your device's time zone is correct:

- Press the Windows + and keys at the same time
    - Select "Time and language", check that it matches your location in both the "Time zone" and the "Region" tab.

2) Run the store troubleshooter.

Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshooting > Additional troubleshooters, and then from the list, select Windows Store Apps > Run the troubleshooter.

3) Download updates from the store

-At Windows startup write the following "Microsoft Store"
    - Open the application from the Microsoft Store
    -In the upper right part of the Microsoft Store select the three dots icon
    -Go to downloads and updates
    -Select "Get updates"

4) Run the following repair commands:

- Locate the search bar and please type CMD
    - Select "Command Prompt" and then right click "Run as administrator"
    - Copy and paste one by one of the following commands and press the enter key.
    sfc/scannow
    DISM /Online /Cleaning Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Image-Cleaning /ScanHealth
    DISM /Online /Clean-Image /RestoreHealth

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect

Best regards.
  5. NoMoneyLeftBoy Win User

Error 0x80070005 On xbox game pass

Was able to download two games (gears and Forza) but now every subsequent game I try I receive:

Error code: 0x80070005

Uninstalling KB4503293 and restarting has not resolved issue for me :(
  6. Corsa779 Win User

Looks like something went wrong we weren't able to install the app (0x80070005)

I get the same thing while trying to install Forza Horizon 4/Motorsport 7, This issue has been going on for 3 MONTHS AND STILL NO FIX
Thema:

1. Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Forza Motorsport - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x80070005

2. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  3. Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005: Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BD0....
  4. No games will run. Error code 0x80070005. Tells me to do something with an Xbox and I'm on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No games will run. Error code 0x80070005. Tells me to do something with an Xbox and I'm on PC.: Just joined Game Pass for PC. No games will run. Error code 0x80070005. Tells me to do something with an Xbox and I'm on PC. b06e16a6-d7ac-4b5a-adb4-ba67991ad69f
  5. Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Cities: Skylines II

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Cities: Skylines II: Hey, I've this issue for a few days now and got to no real solution. I have tried many of the web's available possible solution, but not one of them was helping. All of the information I have...
  6. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  7. Greeted with error code "error code: (0x80070005)" after installing Halo: MCC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Greeted with error code "error code: (0x80070005)" after installing Halo: MCC.: Installed Halo MCC on my PC today and I was greeted with "error code: (0x80070005)" after launching it through the Store and Xbox app. PC is up to date on Windows. Not very tech savvy so not sure...
  8. xbox game wont launch on pc from xbox app. Error code: (0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game wont launch on pc from xbox app. Error code: (0x80070005): Im trying to play mount and blade 2 on my pc from the xbox app. but the game wont launch it just says something went wrong then gives me this error code (0x80070005). i have done everything i know...
  9. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  10. Error with preinstall StarField code (0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error with preinstall StarField code (0x80070005): Hi I am trying to preinstall starfield with my Xbox pc game pass but keep getting the following error I really like to preinstall it, as it is a very large download and I don't have the fastest...