error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

Discus and support error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by prabu adjiewaskito, Jun 19, 2024.

1. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

:)

prabu adjiewaskito, Jun 19, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

Hi there Prabu A.

I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues installing Minecraft.

Error code 0x80070005 typically indicates an "Access Denied" issue, which means that something is preventing the installation process from accessing necessary files or settings. Here are some detailed step-by-step methods to troubleshoot and resolve this issue on Windows 11:

Check for Windows Updates
    Open Settings: Press Win + I to open the Settings app.
    Navigate to Update & Security.
    Click on Check for updates and install any pending updates. Sometimes, installing the latest updates can fix installation issues.

Run the Windows Store Troubleshooter
    Press Win + I to open the Settings app.
    Go to System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters.
    Find Windows Store Apps in the list and click Run. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Reset the Microsoft Store
    Press Win + I.
    Navigate to Apps > Apps & features.
    Scroll down and find Microsoft Store.
    Click on the three dots next to Microsoft Store and select Advanced options.
    Scroll down and click Reset. Confirm the action. This will reset the Microsoft Store and might resolve the issue.

Adjust Permissions
    Press Win + E.
    Navigate to WindowsApps Folder:
    Go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.
    If you don't see the folder, ensure that you have enabled the view of hidden items from the View tab.
    Change Folder Permissions:
    Right-click the WindowsApps folder and select Properties.
    Go to the Security tab and click on Advanced.
    Click Change next to the owner label.
    Type your user name, click Check Names, and then click OK.
    Enable the checkbox Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and click Apply.

Reset Windows Update Components
    Open Command Prompt as Administrator:
    Press Win + S, type cmd, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.

Stop Services:
    Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:

net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    Rename Folders:
    Type the following commands to rename the software distribution folders and press Enter:

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

Start Services:
    Type the following commands to restart the services and press Enter:

net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver

Use PowerShell to Re-register the Microsoft Store
    Open PowerShell as Administrator:
    Press Win + X and select Windows Terminal (Admin).
    Re-register the Store:
    Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Perform a Clean Boot
    Open System Configuration:
    Press Win + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
    Select Services Tab:
    Go to the Services tab.
    Check Hide all Microsoft services and click Disable all.

Disable Startup Items:
    Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
    Disable all startup items by right-clicking and selecting Disable.
    Restart Your Computer: Restart your computer and try installing Minecraft again.

Check for Malware
    Open Windows Security:
    Press Win + I to open Settings, go to Privacy & security, and select Windows Security.
    Click Virus & threat protection > Scan options > Full scan. Run the scan and remove any detected malware.

Create a New User Account
    Press Win + I.
    Navigate to Accounts > Family & other users.
    Click Add account under Other users and follow the prompts to create a new user.
    Log out of your current account and log in with the new one. Try installing Minecraft again.

I hope this helps.

I shall be here for your response. -Lumie
  3. MrQuackDuck Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is not updating to new versions on my PC.

Minecraft Launcher is the same thing as Minecraft Java! I have issue with Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (Not JAVA EDITION). Do you understand this?
    When i installed Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on my laptop from Microsoft Store it has the latest version but when i installed Minecraft: Bedrock Edition at another device (PC) from Microsoft store it stuck on 1.17.10 version and don't updating to 1.17.41 version. This is Microsoft Store's problem, it doesn't updating my Minecraft to the last version on my PC.

P.S PC and laptop has Windows 10.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Downloading to D drive xbox (beta)

Hi,

Error code 0x80070005 is an access denied error. Did you take this other drive from a different PC or previous Windows install?
  5. MB5656 Win User

Minecraft problems

Hi, which version of Minecraft PC is this?

Windows 10 edition Beta?

Minecraft PE: Windows Phone?

Minecraft PE: android?

Minecraft PE: iOS?

and what is the error codes you get when trying to sign in?

Also do you have the Xbox app installed on your device?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

How to find my redeem code for minecraft windows 10 edition?

I'm pretty sure it was for bedrock. Supposedly the code was sent out a while ago, but I have no way of finding it.
    Minecraft was never sent as code in a Xbox Live message (unless someone sent you the game as a gift).

And if you redeemed the code, there is no need to search the code anymore, as games you redeem with a code are added to your account. So once you add a game via a code, you will always find it in the "Ready to Install" section of your console, or your Library
    on your Windows 10 Store.

If you had the Xbox One Version, you would be able to upgrade to the Bedrock Minecraft on Xbox One for free if you bought the One Version digitally, or played the disc version of Minecraft Xbox One Version for more than 5 hours before February 2018.

But that would NOT give you the Windows 10 Version.

Only if you bought the JAVA Minecraft before October 2018, you would see a redemption button on your Mojang Account website, that would then reveal a code for the Windows 10 Version. That code could then be redeemed on the Windows 10 store to get the Bedrock
    Version for Windows 10.

So you could only upgrade from a previous Minecraft on the same platform (i.e. Java -> Windows 10 Bedrock and Xbox One Version to Xbox Bedrock). But you could NOT cross-platform update (from Xbox One to Windows).
Thema:

1. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc - Similar Threads - error code 0x80070005

2. Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005: Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BD0....
  3. No games will run. Error code 0x80070005. Tells me to do something with an Xbox and I'm on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No games will run. Error code 0x80070005. Tells me to do something with an Xbox and I'm on PC.: Just joined Game Pass for PC. No games will run. Error code 0x80070005. Tells me to do something with an Xbox and I'm on PC. b06e16a6-d7ac-4b5a-adb4-ba67991ad69f
  4. Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Cities: Skylines II

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Cities: Skylines II: Hey, I've this issue for a few days now and got to no real solution. I have tried many of the web's available possible solution, but not one of them was helping. All of the information I have...
  5. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  6. Greeted with error code "error code: (0x80070005)" after installing Halo: MCC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Greeted with error code "error code: (0x80070005)" after installing Halo: MCC.: Installed Halo MCC on my PC today and I was greeted with "error code: (0x80070005)" after launching it through the Store and Xbox app. PC is up to date on Windows. Not very tech savvy so not sure...
  7. xbox game wont launch on pc from xbox app. Error code: (0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game wont launch on pc from xbox app. Error code: (0x80070005): Im trying to play mount and blade 2 on my pc from the xbox app. but the game wont launch it just says something went wrong then gives me this error code (0x80070005). i have done everything i know...
  8. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  9. Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Forza Motorsport

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Forza Motorsport: Hey, I've this issue since 3 days now and got to no real solution. I have tried many of the web's available possible solution, but not one of them was helping. All of the information I have...
  10. Error with preinstall StarField code (0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error with preinstall StarField code (0x80070005): Hi I am trying to preinstall starfield with my Xbox pc game pass but keep getting the following error I really like to preinstall it, as it is a very large download and I don't have the fastest...