Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox

Discus and support Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, When i was installing Gaming services in my Xbox on PC Windows 11, It was showing error [img] 0x80070002 [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NoNameZI, Aug 11, 2023.

1. NoNameZI
    NoNameZI Guest

Hi,

When i was installing Gaming services in my Xbox on PC Windows 11, It was showing error
    Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox [​IMG]
    0x80070002
    Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox [​IMG]

:)

NoNameZI, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Hi
    My name is Rishabh, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

Error code 0x80070002 often indicates that there is an issue with downloading or installing files on your Windows system. If you're encountering this error while trying to install "Gaming Services" on Xbox Game Pass for PC, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

- Check Internet Connection:

Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working properly. A reliable internet connection is crucial for downloading and installing files.

-Restart Your PC:

Sometimes, a simple restart of your computer can resolve temporary issues. Try restarting your PC and then attempt the installation again.

-Update Windows:

Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date. Outdated system files can sometimes cause installation issues. Go to "Settings" > "Windows Update" to check for updates.

-Clear Windows Store Cache:

Clearing the cache for the Windows Store can help with installation problems. You can do this through the Windows Troubleshoot settings:
    Go to "Settings" > "Update & Security" > "Troubleshoot."
    Under "Additional troubleshooters," select "Windows Store Apps" and run the troubleshooter.

-Reset Microsoft Store:

If the issue persists, you can try resetting the Microsoft Store app:
    Type "wsreset" in the Windows search bar and press Enter.
    This will open the Microsoft Store and reset its cache.

-Check Storage Space:

Ensure that you have sufficient storage space on your PC's hard drive to download and install the game or app.

-Disable Third-Party Antivirus/Firewall:

Sometimes, third-party antivirus or firewall software can interfere with downloads and installations. Temporarily disable them and try the installation again.

-Check User Account Control (UAC) Settings:

Ensure that User Account Control is enabled on your system. If it's disabled, it might cause installation issues.

-Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter:

Windows has built-in troubleshooters that can identify and fix common issues with apps from the Microsoft Store. You can find the troubleshooters in "Settings" > "Update & Security" > "Troubleshoot."

-Create a New User Profile:

Sometimes, issues can be tied to user profiles. Creating a new user profile and trying the installation from there can help identify if the problem is specific to your current profile.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
  3. Lightsoiz Win User

Xbox app crashing, I cannot play

I couldnt install gaming services, got the error Code: 0x80070002

Can you resolve this issue? It's a simple app, and I have the game pass, why I can't play????
  4. CarTzy Win User

0x80070002 error when installing apps

Hello Zeroyazi,

Welcome to Xbox Community.

If you are experiencing error 0x80070002 when installing apps on your Xbox, you can try the following steps to fix it:

- Reinstall the Xbox app by opening PowerShell as administrator and running this command: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

- Download the Xbox app again from the Microsoft Store and check if the issue is resolved.

- If not, update your Windows 10 to the latest version by going to Settings > Update & Security and clicking Check for Updates.

- If the error still persists, make sure all the Xbox services are running by opening Services and starting these entries: Gaming Services, Xbox Accessory Management Service, Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

Please see:Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support & Error 0x80070002 occurs while launching or installing a PC game | Xbox Support

We hope this helps you solve the error 0x80070002 and enjoy your apps on your Xbox.
  5. Maksim Kamaletdinov Win User

0x80070002 Error

Actually, i can't install anything on C drive, bc its has not enough free memory for games(
    And error is 0x80070002 in xbox, and 0x80070005 while changing
  6. Azura Yasha Win User

Hi everyone. I have a problem that has been pestering me for a while now about the Xbox PC app and the Gaming Services.

I have done as you instructed however now it gave me a new error. It's code is 0x80070002 and it is saying that Gaming Services failed.
Thema:

1. Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox - Similar Threads - Error code 0x80070002

2. I'm having an issue with my xbox one s with the code error 0x80070002

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having an issue with my xbox one s with the code error 0x80070002: I'm having this issue that the console won't install the games or won't launch them up. Searching for it online gives no solutions. submitted by /u/ohshyyy [link] [comments]
  3. How do i fix error code 0x80070002.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix error code 0x80070002.: When i try to download a game or an app from xbox app/microsoft store there is always the error 0x80070002. I had this for a couple of months and it does not fix itself. I would really like to...
  4. I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC: I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 11). The only one solution is reinstalling the game (140 GB!) everytime I want to...
  5. Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app: I tried re-installing the gaming service. It didn't work. I have no idea how to fix it. 9fce01ee-3642-4f06-a48d-d19bed1f55d8
  6. 0x80070002 error code when downloading new games from XBOX PC app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80070002 error code when downloading new games from XBOX PC app: Hi team, I am trying to download games from XBOX PC app but after starting the download the speed starts with 0 B/s and then throw the error code: 0x80070002. I have tried multiple solutions but...
  7. not installing due to error code 0x80070002

in XBoX on Windows
    not installing due to error code 0x80070002: I have been having this issue for years, but have usually been able to find a work around eg. resetting gaming services, reinstalling xbox app. but now it is consistant and has also now started...
  8. Repeated error code 0x80070002 when trying to install games on my pc, with multiple titles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Repeated error code 0x80070002 when trying to install games on my pc, with multiple titles.: I've simply been trying to install the age of empires definitive edition, minecraft Java & bedrock edition on my pc from within the Xbox "app" on my pc. No matter where I select for storage, or...
  9. Windows 11 Error Code "0x80070002"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Error Code "0x80070002": This error code started all the way back in 2021 and it got to a point where I just left the platform thinking the issue would fix on its own. Any time I try to download a game for example,...
  10. Error code: 0x80070002 when trying to download games in Xbox PC App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80070002 when trying to download games in Xbox PC App: [img] [img] [img] Windows 11 Home build 22H2 If there is a command to compile data of my PC to help diagnose this issue please let me know here. If there is any other information I need...