error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another

Discus and support error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got the same answer. Apparently you cannot assign an account that is or has been used on Office 365 to your old gamer tag. So much for a single... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SmExXY CHICKENs, Jan 26, 2014.

  1. error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another


    I got the same answer. Apparently you cannot assign an account that is or has been used on Office 365 to your old gamer tag. So much for a single sign on experience on Windows 8.

    I am not sure why but error 8016FE6D just doesn't seem descriptive enough for me.
     
    Destiny Junior, Jun 23, 2014
    #16
  2. Loofbox
    Loofbox Guest
    So if you have or had an office 365 subscription you can't transfer? There's nothing to do at all? Damn it. I was hoping to have 1 email for Windows 8.1 and Xbox live. Plus they kept saying it's so easy to transfer. It boggles my mind there isn't some kind
    of compatibility between Microsoft services. Isn't there a way to fix this?
     
    Loofbox, Jun 23, 2014
    #17
  3. RawkrAE
    RawkrAE Guest
    I don't have a windows phone, but a new Vaio Duo 13 with windows 8 and I'm getting the error. I didn't even purchase office 360, but the regular office. I was told before when I had gotten this new laptop and made the new email that I'd have to wait 30 days
    to change the e-mail. I assume sense I bought the office software a few weeks ago I have another 2 weeks to wait. Otherwise this is useless and well dumb on Microsoft end.
     
    RawkrAE, Jun 23, 2014
    #18
  4. Loofbox
    Loofbox Guest

    error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another

    Well guys I spent almost 2 hours on the phone today. The solution I was given was to go on this site
    support.microsoft.com/contactus, and then to mention that the account is split and hope they can consolidate both accounts (business and personal) so I can finally perform the
    switch. I was given yet another case number. The person I had talked 2 was very helpful but even they couldn't insure my issue wouldn't be bounced back between 2 departments.
     
    Loofbox, Jun 23, 2014
    #19
  5. It is a Microsoft error and is still being fixed!
     
    DoG Dragonslit, Oct 31, 2018
    #20
  6. DoG Dragonslit Win User

    error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another

    It is a Microsoft error and is still being fixed!
  7. RawkrAE Win User

    error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another

    I don't have a windows phone, but a new Vaio Duo 13 with windows 8 and I'm getting the error. I didn't even purchase office 360, but the regular office. I was told before when I had gotten this new laptop and made the new email that I'd have to wait 30 days
    to change the e-mail. I assume sense I bought the office software a few weeks ago I have another 2 weeks to wait. Otherwise this is useless and well dumb on Microsoft end.
  8. FlamesofAmber Win User

    error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another

    Alright, update after talking to chat support. After looking at my accounts she saw that I had previously had Office subscriptions on the account and said this had an affect on it (which I personally find strange). I was told to first switch the gamertag
    to a brand new Microsoft account and then after the 30 day wait for switching accounts that I should then be able to switch to the account I wanted to no problem.

    So does anyone else having this issue have any Office products subscriptions, previous or current? If not then I'd say I can probably rule this out as a solution and likely won't bother wasting my time with it.

    What I have noticed based on this thread and one other about this error code is that everyone seems to have a Windows phone set up with the account they're trying to switch their gamertag to. I kinda wonder if this might be the root of the problem instead.
    Also found that while I didn't have anything Xbox on my Windows phone signed in, when I checked to make sure it didn't try to use my account and make a gamertag anyways that in the settings it had Connect with Xbox, Sync Game Requests, and Show Game Notifications
    turned on despite never even using the app. The Xbox Games app also shows games that aren't Xbox phone games, so I do wonder if this automatic setting and my playing those games are the real issue despite not being signed in to my account.
  9. Asriel 119 Win User

    error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another

    Has there been a solution to this yet?
  10. CassietheArcane Win User

    error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another

    I am having this issue as well and have waited the 30 day period before attempting to change my live address associated with my GT.
Thema:

error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another

Loading...
  1. error 8016FE6D transferring gamertag from one account to another - Similar Threads - error 8016FE6D transferring

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  4. Alguna solución para este error al transmitir

    in XboX Insiders
    Alguna solución para este error al transmitir: Hola, tengo un par de semanas que plane transmitir en vivo, pasa que ya tiene como 3 o 4 dias que el stream se pixelea pero demasiado, y creía que seria mi internet pero hay veces que pasa y hay...
  5. Error installing the update (Alpha)

    in XboX Insiders
    Error installing the update (Alpha): Hello, a friend has this error when installing the Inisider Alpha update on his Xbox One S (500 GB). He even did a factory reset. But nothing wants to work. Source OS : 10.0.26100.9426 Cible OS...
  6. Error 8016fe6d

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 8016fe6d: Hello, I have been trying to move my gamertag from 1 microsoft account to another for a couple off months now. Both had a gamertag so i followed the manual to move the gamertag from 1 account to...
  7. Change Microsoft Account - Error code 8016fe6d

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Microsoft Account - Error code 8016fe6d: So I bought a new laptop with Windows 8, and created a Microsoft account with my current email. I followed the directions here to try and change the Microsoft account linked to my gamertag:Error...
  8. Error 8016FE6D - Something needs to be done already!

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 8016FE6D - Something needs to be done already!: Quite a few users (including me) are getting the Error 8016FE6D when changing your GT to a new Microsoft account. The account I am wanting to switch to does not have a gamertag (and confirmed...
  9. Microsoft account & gamertag switch - Error 8016FE6D.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account & gamertag switch - Error 8016FE6D.: Hi ! I have some issues with my microsoft account. So, actually i have two accounts. Account A, with the good gamertag i try to switch, and account B, which is empty. The problem is, when i...
  10. Microsoft account switch - Error 8016FE6D

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account switch - Error 8016FE6D: Hi ! I have some issues with my microsoft account. So, actually i have two accounts. Account A, with the good gamertag i try to switch, and account B, which is empty. The problem is, when i...