Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet??

Discus and support Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've done plenty of searching and none of the suggestions I've found on the internet have worked. I have an original white 360, build date 2006, with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gEorGiA H0meBOy, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet??

I've done plenty of searching and none of the suggestions I've found on the internet have worked. I have an original white 360, build date 2006, with a black 802.11n wi-fi adapter. I get the "there is a problem with your connection" message whenever I try
    to connect to my university's wireless network. The Xbox has worked fine here for the last 6 months, but I started having this problem 3 days ago. When I go home again, I will take my Xbox and try it there, but that won't be for another couple weeks.

I've tried resetting all my network settings, redoing initial setup, and clearing the system cache. I even tried connecting to an ad-hoc network with my laptop to share the laptop's wired connection, and the Xbox gave me the same error (My iPod connected
    to the ad-hoc network and got online no problem). Is there a fix for this problem?? All the other post's I've seen were from October or November, have those people found solutions? It's strange the problem got me late like this. Any input would be rgeatly
    appreciated. If you need any more info I'd be happy to provide it.

:)

gEorGiA H0meBOy, Mar 1, 2014
  2. Is there a solution to the 80151901 error? Anyone? Please?

Same story dude, the past two weeks when I try to connect to Xbox LIVE it gives me the error codes 80151909 and 80151904 (changes each time). I have done everything Xbox.com error code look up said (reset your password, clear system cache, re-download profile,
    reset your xbox, reset your modem, open your ports, ect) and nothing has worked! There have been a handful of times where I could connect to Xbox LIVE but my dashboard wouldn't load (error code 8007274c) and anytime I go to a game I lose internet. None of
    my other devices (PC, iPad, ect) are having any problems with internet. Glad to see there are other people and not just me!

AtomicPenguinV2, Mar 1, 2014
  3. Is there a solution to the 80151901 error? Anyone? Please?

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, mine just started working out of nowhere.

AtomicPenguinV2, Mar 1, 2014
  4. SassieKat
    SassieKat Guest

Error 80151901 occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live (
    support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup
    )

Problem:

You see the following error message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live:

Your console can't connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to exit this session and test your network connection? If you are playing a game, you will lose any unsaved progress.

Status code: 80151901

This may mean that your Xbox Live profile is corrupt.

Steps to Solutions:

Solution 1: Delete the profile that’s stored on your Xbox console

To delete the profile that’s stored on your Xbox console:

1.Go to Settings and select System.

2.Select Storage.

3.Select All Devices.

4.Select Gamer Profiles.

5.Select the gamertag that you want to delete.

6.Select Delete.

7.Select Delete Profile Only. (This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.)

Solution 2: Clear the system cache

Note Repeat these steps three times.

1.Press the Guide button on your controller.

2.Go to Settings and select System Settings.

3.Select Storage or Memory.

4.Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

5.Select Clear System Cache.

6.When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Solution 3: Download your profile again

Hope this helps.

SassieKat, Mar 1, 2014
  5. Thanks for the link, I don't know how it didn't come up on the first page of google.

However, I tried these steps and had no luck. I deleted my profiles (actually moved them to a thumb drive so I wouldn't be stuck when this doesn't work), cleared the cache a bunch of times, turned the system off for a few minutes, then try to redownload
    my profile and still unable to connect to the network. I should note that I also tried with my other, silver, live profile, and with my hard drive removed completely from the system.

What else can be the issue here? Hardware? Something suddenly changing in the school's network? I doubt that; my roommate's ps3 is still working fine on the same network, and I haven't heard any complaints from other xbox users here.

gEorGiA H0meBOy, Mar 1, 2014
  6. SassieKat
    SassieKat Guest
    Are you able to borrow someone's wireless connector (the one that connects to the back of your Xbox) to test if yours might be getting ready to go completely out?

SassieKat, Mar 2, 2014
  7. I'll try to get ahold of another one to test, and report back.

gEorGiA H0meBOy, Mar 2, 2014
  8. MOOGIE101
    MOOGIE101 Guest

I'm having the same problem as others for last couple of days, every so often I do get online for a couple of seconds, then kicked off again with the 80151901 error message

Followed the instructions above, tried to redownload my profile but can't as my xbox can't get a connection, despite the fact that everything else operating off the signal it is working fine.

Anyone got any ideas???

MOOGIE101, Mar 7, 2014
  9. SassieKat
    SassieKat Guest
    MOOGIE101 -- When you do the test connection do you get any error messages?

Also, Please feel free to Private Message by clicking the envelope symbol below.

SassieKat, Mar 11, 2014
  10. Krigare013
    Krigare013 Guest
    That sounds like an internet connectivity issue, especially if you bridge your connection between your Xbox and your computer. I had this problem ALL the time until I reset my bridge settings, and I haven't had a problem connecting since. The internet
    is a weird thing Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet?? :p

Krigare013, Mar 11, 2014
  11. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings H0meBOy!

Could it be that your university's network is now using the 802.1X, to provide an authentication method for wireless connectivity?

If you haven't already, go into Xbox network settings and select Configure Network. Select the
    Additional Settings tab and Restore network settings to factory defaults.

Turn off your console and disconnect your wireless network adapter. Reconnect everything and turn on your console and reconnect to your wireless network.

Go to Xbox network settings and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection and let us know where your console fails to connect to LIVE.

Make sure the status light on the adapter shows a solid green light. Alternatively, try plug in your wireless network adapter to different USB port on your console.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.

taidara, Mar 11, 2014
  12. Well this is a late reply but I'm reporting back. This issue persisted for about a week, until one day I turned on the xbox and it connected to the network automatically. I hadn't fiddled with anything the previous few days. It continued to work fine for
    a few weeks at school, and I took it home for a week and it worked fine with the wi-fi network there. Just today I turned on the Xbox and the error (80151901) is back again. I haven't changed anything since I last used it successfully over the weekend.

I haven't found any other suggestions as to how to fix this problem. It is quite frustrating. My only guess would be that the wireless adapter is failing, although from what I've seen, the first reports of this error are from within the last 6 months. If
    anyone has any other solutions, that would be great. Otherwise, I don't play much anyway and hopefully it starts working again in a week.

Krigare13 - I don't normally bridge the connection, I just did that so I could test the Xbox's connection capabilities with another network.

taidara - My school actually has two wireless networks; one totally unsecured, visitor network that I use the Xbox on, and the main network that's secured with WPA2 Enterprise, which the Xbox doesn't support. Both are 802.11n. The test fails when trying
    to connect to the wireless network, not the internet. The adapter has a solid green light.

Here is the error status report from the network test:

W: 0000-0021

X: 4080-7001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID: 0001-0003

L: 8015-1901

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wireless

A: 169.254.195.96/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0

N: UMBC Visitor

S: No Security

C: 11

gEorGiA H0meBOy, Apr 2, 2014
  13. taidara
    taidara Guest

If its possible, I would suggest an Ethernet solution, instead of wireless, in order to simplify further troubleshooting.

Keep us posted!

taidara, Apr 3, 2014
  14. vastim1-
    vastim1- Guest
    I have/had the same problem and I stupidly followed the xbox support instructions and deleted my gamer profile, cleared cache, that didn't work, and i couldn't get online so i had to find a different solution to get my gamer profile back. I tried enabling
    my router to recognize the xbox mac address, but nope. I clicked around and figured, came across the forwarding port, my router is protecting from outside intrusion and I think the xbox was being rejected.

So what I ended up doing is creating a static IP address.

Then went into my router to set up forward ports. And it took a while but it worked, the only downside is that it HAS to be connected by eithernet cable, and manually input the static ip address, submask, gateway, and both dns. the wireless adapter is not
    picking up the static ip and all the other changes I don't know whats going on there but I'll take what I can get.

These were the instructions I followed if anyone is interested.

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

scroll down and click on "port forwarding guide to xbox 360". from there pick out your router then the model, follow the instructions on how to make a static IPaddress, then follow the instructions on how to get to your port forwarding in your router, fill
    out the numbers it asks you to fill out (with your static ip) and hopefully it works out.

its hard and sucks but its working for me now even if its with a wire.

vastim1-, Apr 4, 2014
  15. vastim1-
    vastim1- Guest
    One important thing I forgot to add, once my IP address was switch to that of the static IP, my desktop internet was not connecting. So what I ended up doing was going back to the Local Area connection Properties (TCP/IP) and clicked on the "Obtain IP address
    automatically" again, which solved my internet connection and also allowed me to connect to xbox live.

vastim1-, Oct 31, 2018
  16. vastim1- Win User

One important thing I forgot to add, once my IP address was switch to that of the static IP, my desktop internet was not connecting. So what I ended up doing was going back to the Local Area connection Properties (TCP/IP) and clicked on the "Obtain IP address
    automatically" again, which solved my internet connection and also allowed me to connect to xbox live.
  17. vastim1- Win User

I have/had the same problem and I stupidly followed the xbox support instructions and deleted my gamer profile, cleared cache, that didn't work, and i couldn't get online so i had to find a different solution to get my gamer profile back. I tried enabling
    my router to recognize the xbox mac address, but nope. I clicked around and figured, came across the forwarding port, my router is protecting from outside intrusion and I think the xbox was being rejected.

So what I ended up doing is creating a static IP address.

Then went into my router to set up forward ports. And it took a while but it worked, the only downside is that it HAS to be connected by eithernet cable, and manually input the static ip address, submask, gateway, and both dns. the wireless adapter is not
    picking up the static ip and all the other changes I don't know whats going on there but I'll take what I can get.

These were the instructions I followed if anyone is interested.

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

scroll down and click on "port forwarding guide to xbox 360". from there pick out your router then the model, follow the instructions on how to make a static IPaddress, then follow the instructions on how to get to your port forwarding in your router, fill
    out the numbers it asks you to fill out (with your static ip) and hopefully it works out.

its hard and sucks but its working for me now even if its with a wire.
  18. taidara Win User

Greetings H0meBOy!

Could it be that your university's network is now using the 802.1X, to provide an authentication method for wireless connectivity?

If you haven't already, go into Xbox network settings and select Configure Network. Select the
    Additional Settings tab and Restore network settings to factory defaults.

Turn off your console and disconnect your wireless network adapter. Reconnect everything and turn on your console and reconnect to your wireless network.

Go to Xbox network settings and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection and let us know where your console fails to connect to LIVE.

Make sure the status light on the adapter shows a solid green light. Alternatively, try plug in your wireless network adapter to different USB port on your console.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.
  19. gEorGiA H0meBOy Win User

Thanks for the link, I don't know how it didn't come up on the first page of google.

However, I tried these steps and had no luck. I deleted my profiles (actually moved them to a thumb drive so I wouldn't be stuck when this doesn't work), cleared the cache a bunch of times, turned the system off for a few minutes, then try to redownload
    my profile and still unable to connect to the network. I should note that I also tried with my other, silver, live profile, and with my hard drive removed completely from the system.

What else can be the issue here? Hardware? Something suddenly changing in the school's network? I doubt that; my roommate's ps3 is still working fine on the same network, and I haven't heard any complaints from other xbox users here.
  20. SassieKat Win User

Are you able to borrow someone's wireless connector (the one that connects to the back of your Xbox) to test if yours might be getting ready to go completely out?
Thema:

1. Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet?? - Similar Threads - Error 80151901 solution

2. Error 80151901 - Xbox 360 Fails to Connect to Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 80151901 - Xbox 360 Fails to Connect to Network: Error 80151901 Hey all, So my xbox 360 has had troubles connecting to my internet, though my xbox one and other devices easily connect. I tried restarting my wifi, and changing some network...
  3. Xbox 360 Error 80151901

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Error 80151901: Can't sign in to XBox Live on my 360 all of a sudden. It was working fine and then the next day it gave me error code 80151901. I've gone through all the basic troubleshooting processes and...
  4. Error Code 80151901 - But network settings shows open NAT and all services as available!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 80151901 - But network settings shows open NAT and all services as available!?: Hi there, I haven't played a backwards compatible game for some time but since Forza Horizon was added to the list, I gave it another shot. Everything was working well until I noticed that I was...
  5. error 80151901

in XBoX on Consoles
    error 80151901: I cant connect,is this a real error(search cant find it) or is it wifi related? e79f3786-6ae6-43f7-8ee0-f605b895fd75
  6. Error code 80151901 started 3 days ago

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151901 started 3 days ago: I can't get online, even though my internet is working fine. I FOLLOWED the instructions on the xbox site for my error code, and now my profile is gone and I have lost ALL my save data, and I...
  7. Xbox code error 80151901

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox code error 80151901: every time I try to connect to my network it comes up with this error code 80151901. Was wandering how I can solve this ? ce7772ab-46e6-478a-a728-cadf214d4100
  8. Internet Error 80151901 please respond

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet Error 80151901 please respond: So I know that this is a Common problem that's hard to solve but I've had it twice and they only lasted for 5 days, first time I fixed it was when I was editing my avatar and saved my new changes...
  9. Error Code 80151901, Tried Everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 80151901, Tried Everything: Hey Xbox 360 Community, I have tried literally everything in order to rid myself of error code 80151901, but I have almost lost all hope and am tempted to try buying a new xbox. Does anyone have...
  10. Suddenly cannot connect to Xbox Live - Error 80151901 (IP Address Error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly cannot connect to Xbox Live - Error 80151901 (IP Address Error): Hi. So after googling solutions for close to a day straight now and finding nothing, I've decided to come here and ask and see if anyone can help me out. Basically, my xbox live was working fine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox 360 error 80151901