Error 80072EF3

Discus and support Error 80072EF3 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am another with this problem. I have switched my Xbox off and on again, cleared the cache more times than I care to remember, deleted and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VolcanicVixen, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Error 80072EF3

I am another with this problem. I have switched my Xbox off and on again, cleared the cache more times than I care to remember, deleted and redownloaded my profile (whilst clearing the cache what felt like another 100 times). I read the troubleshooting page
    which said my account may not be secure enough. This could be the problem as my Xbox has been telling me this for months. However, I have given every email address and phone number I have to "make my account more secure" and I have quite a few. I have even
    done this multiple times, but I just tells me I have already entered that particular address/phone number. I have no idea what else I can do.

My profile won't even register offline, meaning any game I try to play cannot read an active profile. This means my 360 is now pretty much useless.

My Xbox one does not have any problems signing into the same account, and no security issue has ever been mentioned on it.

Any help would be appreciated

:)

VolcanicVixen, Feb 25, 2014
  2. Double Error codes

Hey there thund3rs!

For the 80072EF3 error you are getting, have you taken a peak to see if you have any corrupted content in your storage location? Solution #2 support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80072ef3.

GlobalWebSurfer, Feb 25, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Feb 25, 2014
  4. Error 80072EF3

Hi there, if you believe it to be security related have you ever put two security proofs on the account and verified them? It sometimes has issues doing this through the console so try following the link and clicking 'Manage your security info' and sign-in
    to check your proofs:
    support.xbox.com/.../add-security-proof

-

Sometimes you will still receive an error after completing the above so if that happens delete the profile from the console (profile only), clear the system cache, restart the console and re-download your profile.

Delete and re-download profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Clear cache:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

DigitalAssassin, Feb 25, 2014
  5. Thanks for the advice.

I did have multiple security proofs on my profile, but the verification for one of them obviously hadn't registered properly. I have verified the problem address again, and can now sign in with no problem.

Thanks for the help, I was starting to think some of my games would never get played

VolcanicVixen, Feb 25, 2014
  6. No worries, glad it got you gaming again. Have fun!

DigitalAssassin, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Error 80072EF3