Error 0x87e00196 Xbox Gamepass after link with EA Account

Discus and support Error 0x87e00196 Xbox Gamepass after link with EA Account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not able to download any Xbox Gamepass Game since I connected my Xbox Account with my EA Account. It just gets that error. I tried everything I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by camilaandrade arcentales, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Error 0x87e00196 Xbox Gamepass after link with EA Account

I'm not able to download any Xbox Gamepass Game since I connected my Xbox Account with my EA Account. It just gets that error. I tried everything I could see on forums but I'm still not getting a solution (Powershell, Unistalling, Clearing Cache, etc). How can I fix this?

:)

camilaandrade arcentales, Aug 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, just to confirm. May I know if you tried all this together? (if one doesn't work or if you already tried that, skip to the next letter)

A.

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

B.

Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

C.

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and give it a new try

D.

Create a new local administrator in your PC and try from there:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

E.

Go to Task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily. Restart your PC and give it a new try

F.

Reinstall Microsoft Store and all its components. Please use method 2 provided by Lester Bernard:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. camilaandrade arcent Win User

Hello, JosefLBohorquez

I tried what you said, and it is still not working
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CamilaAndrade

In order to isolate a bit more the issue, if you unlink your EA account from your Microsoft account
    Everything starts working as usual?

If that's the case, can you try linking a different EA account and try again?
  5. camilaandrade arcent Win User

Thanks, just to confirm. May I know if you tried all this together? (if one doesn't work or if you already tried that, skip to the next letter)

A.
    Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

B.
    Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

C.
    Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and give it a new try

D.
    Create a new local administrator in your PC and try from there:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

E.
    Go to Task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily. Restart your PC and give it a new try

F.
    Reinstall Microsoft Store and all its components. Please use method 2 provided by Lester Bernard:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
    Hi Josef! Just tried the B option and it worked perfectly!

Thank you very much for your help!
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

i dont have ea play

you only need gamepass pc to have gamepass and EA access, your xbox account needs to be linked with EA and you need the EA app installed too.
Thema:

1. Error 0x87e00196 Xbox Gamepass after link with EA Account - Similar Threads - Error 0x87e00196 Gamepass

2. Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196): I have been having issues all morning with downloading MSFS on PC. I force stopped, reset, and uninstalled the Xbox app and Gaming services but have had no luck with being able to download this...
  3. Any fix for error code 0x87e00196?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any fix for error code 0x87e00196?: Every time I've tried to install a game on the Xbox app since I got a new SSD the error code above pops up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times as well as resetting and...
  4. Receiving error 0x87e00196 when attempting to install any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error 0x87e00196 when attempting to install any game: When attempting to install any game using PC game pass / the Xbox app, it abruptly stops prior to allowing any installation and says "Something went wrong", providing the error code 0x87e00196....
  5. Error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e00196: The Xbox software always takes a little while to open, and whenever I try to install a game, it fails with the error code 0x87e00196. 9038d064-8c0f-4892-a009-358467bbe947
  6. Resolve error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolve error code 0x87e00196: How do I Resolve error code 0x87e00196 afe8988a-e3d9-4450-a939-19757fe9b8b9
  7. Gaming services error code 0x87e00196 fix out there?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services error code 0x87e00196 fix out there?: I have tried countless times of Terminating and resetting, Using powershell, restarting services, changed region and time with the no. Of times of reboot, I've lost count. Is there any possible...
  8. Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196: I have never had installation issues with games on the Xbox App before; this included Halo Infinite multiplayer. When I purchased the campaign over Christmas, it bugged out multiple times trying...
  9. I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196: I couldn't run forza 5, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. When I would try an reinstall it would say an error occurred. I then tried everything, resetting the store, using powershell but...
  10. Error code 0x87e00196, can't fix it [on PC]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e00196, can't fix it [on PC]: Alright, so I was researching this error code and issue and found my way to Microsoft's help page. I followed the Administrative terminal commands that the page suggested I use in order to force a...