Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass) Constant...

Discus and support Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass) Constant... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As the title suggests, I have this problem constantly. It's been about 7 months of this battle through multiple windows updates. I have the EXACT same... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JGBiz, Oct 31, 2023.

1. JGBiz
    JGBiz Guest

Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass) Constant...

As the title suggests, I have this problem constantly. It's been about 7 months of this battle through multiple windows updates. I have the EXACT same issue as this locked thread, and the suggested PowerShell solution did not work. Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account - Microsoft Community I also am constantly needing to use this video every week or so, and I am contemplating cancelling my service altogether. Any suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLDLYIlz99w

:)

JGBiz, Oct 31, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass)

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass)

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties with Xbox Game Pass. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Here is a recent article answered by nazgull2k1.

Can't sign into Game Pass PC - Microsoft Community

You may also try to perform the method below:

Sign out from Micrsoft Store, Xbox App and Xbox Console Companion App

Open PowerShell then run the following commands

[table][tr]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”
    [/tr][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/td][/tr][/table]
    Restart you PC then sign back in

Make sure to sign in first with Store and the Xbox Companion App before signing into Game Pass

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello XETOKIYABA, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this error message when trying to use your account. Let's try to sort this out.

However, before that, I appreciate it if you can provide the following information:

Can you share a screenshot of this error message on the PowerShell window?
    May I know what else you tried to fix this so far?
    Are you using Windows 10 or Windows 11?

Meanwhile, please verify if all the Xbox services are running on your PC.
    For this, search Services using the Windows search functionality and look for the next services once you open the app:
    IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services,

Then do this for each service: Right-click on it and select Properties. In Startup type make sure it’s set to Automatic.
    If the service isn’t started, click Start Click Apply and OK to save changes, restart your PC and try again.

**If you're not able to do this with Gaming Services, you can skip that part
  5. JGBiz Win User

Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass) Constant reoccurring issue. Win 11

1. Gigabyte Gaming Laptop: Aorus 15 YD
    2. Personal connected to normal home internet.
    3. Home network
    4. Yes
    5. Yes

I have tried those troubleshooting steps linked under Xbox Support. No luck.

Seems like the issue is that Xbox Services are not running. I have enabled the run on launch setting for Xbox Gaming Services, but it seems like it might not always run when I open the Xbox app. The only way I can temporarily fix this issue is to force close all related apps/services, restart them, and then restart the PC. This works maybe 70% of the time. A normal restart without force closing and repairing/resetting the Xbox App and Gaming Services does not work. Constant wipe of these apps is needed it appears.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass) Constant reoccurring issue. Win 11

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass) Constant... - Similar Threads - Error 0x87DD0005 couldn't

2. I am getting error code 0x87DD0005. What do i have to do to fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I am getting error code 0x87DD0005. What do i have to do to fix it?: I hav reinstalled the Xbox app and i still get 0x87DD0005. I checked and updated windows. multiple restarts nothing changes. I can sign in everywhere else. e1733e24-e4c8-4b3b-9662-de1ea25c42bf
  3. how do I fix the error code 0x87DD0005? (Minecraft Windows 10 Edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I fix the error code 0x87DD0005? (Minecraft Windows 10 Edition): for a bit of backtracking, i've been mysteriously signed out of my xbox live account on my computer, all i wanted was to play minecraft windows 10 like i usually do, but it will not let me sign...
  4. Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass): ive been running into this issue anytime I use the Xbox app on pc it always loops me in this error code and nothing fixes it i seen a thread for using a PowerShell command but have no idea how to...
  5. How to fix error 0x87DD0005 when launching Quantum Break on windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix error 0x87DD0005 when launching Quantum Break on windows 10?: Hello, I recently bought the Quantum Break game for PC (Windows 10). After launching it I get to the title screen, when it asks me to press a button to start. When I do that, a popup comes up...
  6. Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass): Hello everyone, I have been having a recurring error with my xbox app when I try to open games. I have tried numerous fixes that work temporarily. After a short while, I start getting the same...
  7. 0x87DD0005 Error ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x87DD0005 Error ?: Can someone please tell me what this error is and why it keeps logging me out and showing bugs on the app ? [img] d585c4cc-e51e-44b4-98a8-6b5aae6a12f1
  8. Error 0x87DD0005 Whilst trying to sign into Subnautica Below Zero on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x87DD0005 Whilst trying to sign into Subnautica Below Zero on PC: Hello, I do not understand why it is giving me this message while trying to sign in to games. It has happened many other times in the past but would fix itself after pressing "Try again." I have...
  9. Error 0x87DD0005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x87DD0005: I had this yesterday when I tried to play my pinball game. The only way to sort it was to change my password in the end! Now it's happened whilst trying to play MahJong - so what? Do I need to...
  10. Xbox live app error 0x87dd0005 trouble signing in on Windows 10

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live app error 0x87dd0005 trouble signing in on Windows 10: The subjects self explanatory, every time I try and play a game using the xbox app on windows 10, it gives me this error code 0x87dd0005, it won't sign in and I can't play anything, anyone got a...