error 0x803F8001 with Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries on Game Pass

Discus and support error 0x803F8001 with Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries on Game Pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got PC Game Pass, and Mechwarrior 5 is throwing error 0x803F8001 when i attempt to launch it. It's on game pass and the Xbox app allowed me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lorenziniforce, Oct 30, 2022.

1. error 0x803F8001 with Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries on Game Pass

I recently got PC Game Pass, and Mechwarrior 5 is throwing error 0x803F8001 when i attempt to launch it. It's on game pass and the Xbox app allowed me to download it with no issue, and other games i've installed through Game Pass - including Citizen Sleeper, Signalis, Weird West, and Halo Infinite's Campaign - have all worked without issue. I've tried resetting the Xbox and Microsoft Store apps and various region-changing with no result. note that I am in the Philippines, so it could be a regional availability issue, but that wouldn't explain why it's marketed as available on Game Pass in my region on the app, how it allowed me to install it, etc.

:)

lorenziniforce, Oct 30, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, according to the website there should be no problems, but in practice I can not tell you how this is working.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

4. lorenziniforce Win User

oh ok update: a few days ago it fixed itself. i'm assuming something got tweaked with the usage rights on the backend. it works now
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi lorenziniforce,

We hope all is well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

Based on your description, an error code of 0x803F8001 appears after launching Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries. We understand that you would like to get back to gaming and is unable because of this issue. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

According to this support article, this error code is commonly seen on an Xbox Console, this shows if you are getting issues with the licensing of the game. However, we are on a computer, this is somehow related to matching the license present in Xbox app and Microsoft Store.

Support article: Error 0x803F8001 occurs when you launch an Xbox game or app | Xbox Support

Now, to ensure that you can run this game without issue, we'd like to ask for a few details, and please review the troubleshooting suggestions that follow.

1. May we ask for the Xbox app version and Gaming Services version?
      • To check, launch Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    2. What troubleshooting you have done so far?
    3. Did you install any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer software in your computer?
    4. Is this a customize PC or gaming laptop? Are you connected to a work or school domain?
    5. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer?
      • Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suggested Troubleshooting:

Please check this support article and try to perform the steps under Problems launching a game from the Xbox app.

Link: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Lorenziniforce, what may be happening is that the services are not yet fully active in the Philippians, this can bring some inconsistencies with the games.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/regions
Thema:

1. error 0x803F8001 with Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries on Game Pass - Similar Threads - error 0x803F8001 Mechwarrior

2. Anytime I try and play a game from the gamepass i get the error code 0x803F8001.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anytime I try and play a game from the gamepass i get the error code 0x803F8001.: For example, when opening MS Flight Simulator it tells me it currently isn't available in my account and to make sure I am signed into the store and to try again. I know for a fact I am signed...
  3. Error Code 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x803F8001: Trying to access Monster Train as I always do and i get the following error: Monster Train is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again....
  4. Error 0x803F8001 on game gifted to me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x803F8001 on game gifted to me: I was gifted baldurs gate 3. It allowed me to download the game but when I tried to play it, it came up with the error message. I'm certain it was gifted ae3d8717-b28c-4599-82f3-757e9d99ea65
  5. Why do I get error 0x803F8001 when trying to launch a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get error 0x803F8001 when trying to launch a game?: I have Sunset Overdrive in my library and I was able to run it and play without problems till yesterday. Now when I launch it, I get the followin error; Sunset Overdrive is not available in your...
  6. error code 0x803F8001 problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x803F8001 problem: two games I previously downloaded, city skyline 2 and warhammer darktide, became unavailable after I renewed my subscription of PGP, the error code is usually 0x803F8001 or sometimes "file system...
  7. ERROR CODE: 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ERROR CODE: 0x803F8001: Here is the message it shows: Jurassic World Evolution 2: Dominion Biosyn Expansion PC is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the store and try again. Here’s...
  8. Why is it that even though I have a disc game error 0x803f8001 keeps popping up?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it that even though I have a disc game error 0x803f8001 keeps popping up?: I am currently having a problem starting up a game. Every time I try to start it, it says error 0x803f8001. And I have already checked how to fix this error and nothing seems to work. It still...
  9. Error for Sid Meier's Civiliztion VI: 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error for Sid Meier's Civiliztion VI: 0x803F8001: Here is the message it shows: Civilization VI PC is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it:...
  10. How to fix error 0x803F8001?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix error 0x803F8001?: With the game pass I've downloaded 4 games. Sea of Thieves, Halo Infinite, Jurassic Evolution and Need for Speed. I can play 2 of those games, when launching the other 2 games this error pops up...