Error 0x80070002 Unable to install or update, library missing

Discus and support Error 0x80070002 Unable to install or update, library missing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot install any new games onto my F drive. I can install on other drives, but they are full. I also have 1tb of games not showing in the app. but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cmandr2, May 20, 2023.

1. cmandr2
    cmandr2 Guest

I cannot install any new games onto my F drive. I can install on other drives, but they are full. I also have 1tb of games not showing in the app. but still show in file explorer (F:\WindowsApps). I have tried uninstalling gaming services through PowerShell, and reset both windows store and Xbox app, but nothing has worked.

:)

cmandr2, May 20, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello cmandr2,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble installing new games onto your F drive and that some of your games are not showing in the app.

There are a few possible causes for this problem, such as corrupted files, insufficient permissions, or a faulty drive. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

Before proceeding with the troubleshooting, make sure to perform the troubleshooting here: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

- First, make sure that your F drive has enough free space to install new games. You can check this by opening File Explorer and right-clicking on the F drive, then selecting Properties. You should have at least 10% of free space available.

- Second, run the Windows troubleshooter for apps and games. This can help detect and fix any issues with your WindowsApps folder or the Xbox app. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps > Run the troubleshooter. Follow the instructions on the screen and restart your PC if prompted.

Please see: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

- Third, check the permissions of your WindowsApps folder and make sure that you have full control over it. To do this, open File Explorer and navigate to F:\WindowsApps. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. Go to the Security tab and click on Advanced. Under the Owner section, click on Change and enter your Microsoft account email address. Check the box that says "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and click OK. Then, under the Permissions section, click on Add and enter your Microsoft account email address again. Check the box that says "Full control" and click OK. Click on Apply and OK to close the properties window.

You can also use this thread as a reference: how to take ownership of entire folder in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community see DaveM121 answer.

- Fourth, if none of the above steps work, you may need to repair or reinstall your F drive. This can help fix any errors or bad sectors on the drive that may prevent you from installing new games. However, this will also erase all the data on the drive, so make sure you back up any important files before proceeding. To do this, open File Explorer and right-click on the F drive, then select Format. Choose NTFS as the file system and check the box that says "Perform a quick format". Click on Start and wait for the process to complete. Then, reconnect your F drive and try installing new games again.

Please see: Backup and Restore in Windows - Microsoft Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Paul Bab Win User

error 0x80070003 to update FH3 (win 10)

Hi,

To help resolve Windows Update error "0x8007000", you may perform the solutions provided on this

page
    . This problem occurs when some files in the Windows Update are missing, even though the update is downloaded and extracted successfully.

Keep us posted.
  5. MalcolmMex631 Win User

error 0x80070002 when installing update

@ClarkSteelKent How did you install all the updates from scratch?
  6. ClarkSteelKent Win User

error 0x80070002 when installing update

so just in case anybody else has this issue and comes across my thread, i reset to factory settings then installed all updates from scratch, worked a treat
Thema:

1. Error 0x80070002 Unable to install or update, library missing - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070002 Unable

2. I'm having an issue with my xbox one s with the code error 0x80070002

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having an issue with my xbox one s with the code error 0x80070002: I'm having this issue that the console won't install the games or won't launch them up. Searching for it online gives no solutions. submitted by /u/ohshyyy [link] [comments]
  3. How do i fix error code 0x80070002.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix error code 0x80070002.: When i try to download a game or an app from xbox app/microsoft store there is always the error 0x80070002. I had this for a couple of months and it does not fix itself. I would really like to...
  4. Wartales doesn't install error 0X80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wartales doesn't install error 0X80070002: Hi, Wartales didn't launch at all so I uninstalled. Then when trying to reinstall it gives an error 0X80070002. Would appreciate your help very much. BR, 48d03595-21b4-4507-b23b-c812faa5dcb0
  5. Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...: I have already tried resetting the windows app store, repairing the windows app store, logging out of the store, using a different account on the store, uninstalling and reinstalling the windows...
  6. How can i fix errors, "0x80070005" and "0x80070002" ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i fix errors, "0x80070005" and "0x80070002" ?: I recently reset my pc by installing a clean install of windows 11. First thing I noticed is that my xbox app was not displaying the games I had before, ex. Starfield. I just assumed that I had to...
  7. Error installing MS Flight Sim through Xbox Game Pass (Win11) - Error 0x80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error installing MS Flight Sim through Xbox Game Pass (Win11) - Error 0x80070002: I cannot install MS Flight Sim w/Xbox Game Pass on Win11. Gives an error in the Install Queue (Error 0x80070002). No other information given. I do have other Xbox Game Pass games installed ~8...
  8. I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC: I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 11). The only one solution is reinstalling the game (140 GB!) everytime I want to...
  9. Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app: I tried re-installing the gaming service. It didn't work. I have no idea how to fix it. 9fce01ee-3642-4f06-a48d-d19bed1f55d8
  10. Unable to install Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x80070002: Need some help here, trying to install forza Horizon 5 from the store and Xbox App, I get the error listed. error code 0x80070002 From everything I see this seems to be attached to gaming...