Error 0x000005b4 movies & TV app

Discus and support Error 0x000005b4 movies & TV app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Rented fast 9 for my son through Microsoft store and 5 minutes in this cant play error pops up.wont play.over and over.tried everything .uninstalled... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EskimoKo, Nov 6, 2021.

1. EskimoKo
    EskimoKo Guest

Rented fast 9 for my son through Microsoft store and 5 minutes in this cant play error pops up.wont play.over and over.tried everything .uninstalled reinstalled.my son really wanted to watch this movie and did chores all week and got good grades..this was his reward for the week..I'm so disappointed.i should have rented it through prime.ive never had this problem and have several streaming apps.someone help me!!!

:)

EskimoKo, Nov 6, 2021
  2. BobbyJohnson4 Win User

Error entering code

I'm getting an error code for movies and TV shows 0x000005b4
  3. Dead Pool 007 Win User

Can't stream a TV show I purchased 0x000005b4

I have purchased movies from "MOVIES and TV" app and now I can't even watch them cause I keep getting this error code 0x000005b4. So with all do respect. How the hell do I fix it cause those movies aren't cheap?
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Eskimo welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Okay let's try this first!

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Okay do the following!

The first step in resetting an Xbox One is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox One controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox One firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
  6. EskimoKo Win User

I already tried that when it started happening..I got back on.put the movie back on and it played again but this time for about 30 seconds then buffers then error pops up again..such a waste.definitely not purchasing videos or rentals from Microsoft store anymore..ever again after this.and judging by all the other people saying Microsoft did not refund them I doubt I will get one either.thank you for trying to help though
Thema:

1. Error 0x000005b4 movies & TV app - Similar Threads - Error 0x000005b4 movies

2. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  3. Error 0x000005b4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x000005b4: I've purchased a movie a couple of times trying to watch it but keep getting error 0x000005b4. All forums I've found don't seem to have a solution. Is this a UHD issue? I did find one forum that...
  4. How to fix 0x000005b4 error code?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix 0x000005b4 error code?: Movie I bought in UHD won't play after few mins. My network is fine and can use other UHD apps with ease. Have tried updating, reinstalling etc to no solution. Error 0x000005b4...
  5. Error Code 0x000005b4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x000005b4: My digital collection of movies has been rendered worthless with this error code. After performing all the standard fixes, restarts, hard shutdowns, uninstall then reinstall, nothing has made a...
  6. Error 0x000005b4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x000005b4: I purchased a movie and this error message comes up any ideas why it won't play? b67abc23-549e-4ed5-a00d-584f6f2771b7
  7. Error code 0x000005b4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x000005b4: I can’t watch any movies that I have purchased from the Xbox store. They will play for about 10 minutes and then buffer and eventually give me the error code “0x000005b4”. Please help or fix the...
  8. What is the fix for Error code 0x000005b4

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the fix for Error code 0x000005b4: What is the fix for Error code 0x000005b4 9c402c5a-7223-4fff-ab45-57418a120b12
  9. XBOX one X - ERROR 0x000005b4 how to watch movie without this error popping up

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX one X - ERROR 0x000005b4 how to watch movie without this error popping up: We've been struggle with this error for couple days. We even did the factory reset and deleting movie app and everything that microsoft suggested. But seems like doesn't matter what you do.. The...
  10. Movie play error 0x000005b4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movie play error 0x000005b4: Purchased a movie on my xbox one and it will not play. Tried two nights in a row, still no luck. Also did all the tips to try and get it to work. Hard restart deleting app and profile etc. Had...