Epic sells Gears of War to MS.

Discus and support Epic sells Gears of War to MS. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Maybe I have selective memory....but I just see MS buying a lot of exclusives, which isn't the way to go about things. . Sure, devs pitch their game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sword Style, Jan 27, 2014.

  1. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest

    Epic sells Gears of War to MS.


    Maybe I have selective memory....but I just see MS buying a lot of exclusives, which isn't the way to go about things.

    .

    Sure, devs pitch their game to companies and maybe Sony or MS or whoever will pick them up....but MS buys the DR3, then timed BF4 exclusive....then COD timed exclusive. Even Titanfall is a EA game.

    .

    I just wish they would do more. Like a Mechwarrior or new MechAssault or something.
     
    Wiggs, Jan 27, 2014
    #16
  2. Like I've said before, I stopped caring when Judgment was released.
     
    Pyramid Head15, Jan 27, 2014
    #17
  3. ^ I'd actually like to see them buy The Order. Maybe Uncharted, as well. hehe.
     
    DocHolliday 7, Jan 27, 2014
    #18
  4. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest

    Epic sells Gears of War to MS.

    [quote user="DocHolliday 7"]

    ^ I'd actually like to see them buy The Order. Maybe Uncharted, as well. hehe.

    [/quote]I don't mind that....as long as they weren't exclusives. I'm someone who hates exclusives. If I play an exclusive on my PS3/4 and I like it...that sucks, b/c I want everyone to experience the joy I had with those games.

    .
     
    Wiggs, Jan 27, 2014
    #19
  5. TW1ST3D N00B
    TW1ST3D N00B Guest
    [quote user="Pyramid Head15"]

    Like I've said before, I stopped caring when Judgment was released.

    [/quote]

    Felt more like a dlc than a complete new game...
     
    TW1ST3D N00B, Jan 27, 2014
    #20
  6. ^yep kinda like halo 3 odst.( I still bought it and loved it though)
     
    Fear2Eternity, Jan 27, 2014
    #21
  7. The Gears of War series doesn't need to be milked to death. You'd think they would get the hint after the poor sales of gears judgment.
     
    Windows10XboxOne, Jan 27, 2014
    #22
  8. Epic sells Gears of War to MS.

    I would rather see a new IP as well, but I will be keeping an eye on this game.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Jan 27, 2014
    #23
  9. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    Bring it on I say. If 5 Uncharted games is considered ok (counting Vita version) then why can't Gears keep going?

    Judgment was not a good version but I'm glad it happened when it did or it might be the version we got on X1!!

    I love the franchise, have read all the books and frequent the forums so another Gears is very welcome.

    These ongoing franchises bring in money to help develop new IPs so really its win/win. Also its not like we are looking at just Halo and Gears coming to X1, they are bringing a heap of exclusive content Epic sells Gears of War to MS. :)
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Jan 27, 2014
    #24
  10. My friends and I played Gears of War almost daily for 2 years.

    Then GOW 2 released and it did not have the same feel to it like GOW 1 had....the original had a gritty feel to it in multiplayer.... The 2nd was to cartoonish...TO MUCH COLOR.

    We tried GOW 3 and that was a train wreck....to cartoonish ...saw off ruined the game..and let's not forget...THEY HAD MULTIPLAYER MAPS...that sucked...we had to play on a *** beach...are you kidding me....

    I have a GREAT IDEA THAT ALL MY 30 friends agree with...take the Original Gears of War and update the graphics...add 20 New maps and bygod we will play the hell out of it...We absolutely loved the shot gun battles.

    Bring back the grittiness and stop trying to cater to Call of DooDoo players.
     
    S T R l K U R, Jan 27, 2014
    #25
  11. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    @Strykker, I agree on most of what you have said, especially the bit about COD haha.

    Through all 3 main Gears games we had a weekly Friday night session and if the 360 had the DVR feature the X1 does, man I'd have some awesome moments captured!!!

    One thing I did notice was MS got the rights to everything Gears including all previous games etc. Since the new one is no doubt a while away could we be looking at a Definitive Edition of sorts for the trilogy???
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Jan 27, 2014
    #26
  12. Campaign wise Gears Of War 3 was good.
     
    Windows10XboxOne, Jan 27, 2014
    #27
  13. Epic sells Gears of War to MS.

    I along with all my friends new that after playing the 3rd game it was over....anytime you play on a beach,in a library\building...that the series was going for the Call of Duty players......We quit playing it after about a month.

    Thats why Cliff said *** it I'm done.... HE KNEW THAT HE HAD LOST HIS FANBASE.
     
    S T R l K U R, Jan 27, 2014
    #28
  14. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    Ok so we won't see you on the new one then?
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Jan 27, 2014
    #29
  15. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    People will say anything to liken something to CoD it seems.
     
    Burst Axe, Jan 27, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Epic sells Gears of War to MS.

Loading...
  1. Epic sells Gears of War to MS. - Similar Threads - Epic sells Gears

  2. SUGGESTION: Epic Games and Steam should be available for Xbox Series X/S consoles with full...

    in XboX Insiders
    SUGGESTION: Epic Games and Steam should be available for Xbox Series X/S consoles with full...: If Xbox Series X/S would have these 2 libraries, the consoles would become the best gaming device after PC and all PS5 exclusives, available on Steam/Epic Games, would be available on Xbox too....
  3. Xbox App add third-party installed games that are not steam/gog/epic

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App add third-party installed games that are not steam/gog/epic: Hello! I play a lot of games that are not in those "big" launchers. And the Xbox App seems to have a nice leap with the possiblity to soon have a proper handheld mode. My question now is there a...
  4. Como ultrapassa o limite de carácteres no nome da epic games?? (Deixar o nome garnde)

    in XboX Insiders
    Como ultrapassa o limite de carácteres no nome da epic games?? (Deixar o nome garnde): . submitted by /u/Time_Marionberry_629 [link] [comments]
  5. Adding non Steam/Ubisoft/Epic and non Xbox game to Xbox App Launcher

    in XboX Insiders
    Adding non Steam/Ubisoft/Epic and non Xbox game to Xbox App Launcher: Question, Is there a way adding a game that isn't on any popular launcher? a game that have independent launcher and executable I'm trying to Add Retail version of Final Fantasy XIV into Xbox...
  6. Xbox app for pc no longer showing in library for Epic games store games, only showing up...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app for pc no longer showing in library for Epic games store games, only showing up...: The Xbox app is no showing Epic Games Store games in the library, even though they appear on the most recent list. Since the last update, they’re not showing up as installed under the library or...
  7. How do I get my Steam, Gog and Epic games to appear on the Xbox App?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get my Steam, Gog and Epic games to appear on the Xbox App?: I am part of Xbox Insider and my Xbox App is updated to the Xbox Insider version, but on Steam I can only find the account link in the settings, my games do not appear in the library. submitted...
  8. How to unlink an Xbox account that isn’t connected to an epic account?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to unlink an Xbox account that isn’t connected to an epic account?: I’m trying to connect my alt account to my Xbox that was previously unlinked to an account that I don’t have anymore, but I can’t relink it to another account? 0bfc9c38-3eff-4ee8-9d00-42c79d2077e7
  9. Xbox and epic games

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox and epic games: So I’ve been a PlayStation player for years and just recently I saw that the Xbox was doing much better so switched besides that I opened Fortnite and it didn’t give me an option to just log into...
  10. Help needed for using Unreal Game Engine by Epic Games.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Help needed for using Unreal Game Engine by Epic Games.: I was making games on Unreal Engine when, suddenly, the screen hung and flashed, showing "A D3D11 compatible GPU (Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0) is required to run the engine."...