Enforcement team changed my gamertag and it wasn't violating the code of conduct.

Discus and support Enforcement team changed my gamertag and it wasn't violating the code of conduct. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been using the same tag for years (butteredtaint) and suddenly the enforcement team deems it inappropriate and force changed my tag. Try looking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by runingsam, Aug 15, 2014.

1. runingsam
    runingsam Guest

Enforcement team changed my gamertag and it wasn't violating the code of conduct.

I've been using the same tag for years (butteredtaint) and suddenly the enforcement team deems it inappropriate and force changed my tag. Try looking up "taint" or "tainted" in the dictionary. I recieved this nickname during a game of dungeons and dragons
    in 1999 and the word taint was in reference to "tainted" earth or the "taint" of the earth where my character could take no action, so I said "add some butter, butter makes everything better." I want my gamertag back. Other than urbandictionary.com you won't
    find an official definition of the word "taint" in a dictionary that is inappropriate or offensive. Maybe the microsoft enforcement team should open a real dictionary sometime.

Give me back my gamertag, all my friends know how to find me on xbl by it and they have since 2005. There's no reason after 9 years of using it that it should have been targeted as inappropriate. If anything, it's an oxymoron (that word is in the dictionary
    too).

I'm not going to pretend I don't know the slang meaning of the word, but that is not the official definition and it certainly isn't the meaning of it in my gamertag.

As per dictionary.com:

taint1

[teynt]

• Synonyms
    • Word Origin

noun
    a trace of something
    bad, offensive, or harmful.

a trace of infection,
    contamination, or the like.

a trace of dishonor
    or discredit.

Obsolete. color;
    tint.

verb (used with object)

to modify by or
    as if by a trace
    of something offensive or deleterious.

to infect, contaminate, corrupt,
    or spoil.

to sully or tarnish
    (a person's name, reputation,
    etc.).

Obsolete. to
    color or tint.

verb (used without object)

to become tainted; spoil.

:)

runingsam, Aug 15, 2014
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Gamertag enforced change

If your gamertag was changed by the enforcement team you cannot use that gamertag again as it violates the code of conduct

Daft Badger, Aug 15, 2014
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Violating Code of Conduct, To the Enforcement Team

Unfortunately support gave you incorrect information. The enforcement team does not use the forums. If you haven't already, you would need to file a complaint on them via the console in order for the enforcement team to investigate. Calling out other gamers
    is not allowed on the forums.

Smwutches, Aug 15, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

This belongs in the section of the forum monitored by the Enforcement team:

forums.xbox.com/.../4276.aspx

As for why something didn't happen for nine years, nothing happens until someone reports it. Clearly someone did recently and a view was taken that it broke the Code of Conduct. That is not something we in this part of the forums can comment on as we are
    not part of that process.

maxen, Aug 16, 2014
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Gamertag enforced change

If your gamertag was changed by the enforcement team you cannot use that gamertag again as it violates the code of conduct
  6. Smwutches Win User

Issues with Xbox harassment and reports

The enforcement team will only issue a forced gamertag change if the gamertag violates the code of conduct. There is no way to get a free change.
  7. Smwutches Win User

My Gamertag was reset and I did not recieve a free name change.

Per the code of conduct that you agreed to, if a gamertag violates the code of the conduct the enforcement team will change it and you will have to pay to change it to something else. The code of conduct is your warning. There is no way to get a free change.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Someone turned me in for my gammertag how to change?

There is no way to get a free change. Per the code of conduct that you agreed to, if your gamertag violates the code of conduct the enforcement team will change it to a randomly generated tag and you will have to pay to change it.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Help Changing my Gamertag

The enforcement team will issue a forced name change if a gamertag violates the code of conduct. Otherwise, there is no other way to get a free name change.
Thema:

1. Enforcement team changed my gamertag and it wasn't violating the code of conduct. - Similar Threads - Enforcement team changed

2. How can I contact the Xbox Enforcement Team

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I contact the Xbox Enforcement Team: Is there a number or an email that I can use to reach out to them? 705dde7f-ff09-453f-b855-c071c37f081f
  3. How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...: Hello my name is Daniel and I'd like to report a player/account. And I know you can via xbox but not for this specific action. The player extorted pretty much not "literally" cause I know this is...
  4. Is there any other way to get into contact with the enforcement team

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any other way to get into contact with the enforcement team: [img] edit: Recording ANYTHING from this game gets you banned. I recorded a clip of a game called AGONY. i would understand if there was nudity in said clip but i cannot recall there being...
  5. Does anyone know how to get in contact with enforcement team they banned my accounts for no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to get in contact with enforcement team they banned my accounts for no...: does anyone know how to get in contact with enforcement team they banned my account for a unfair reason and denied my appeal ad29c7be-eca9-41b1-bba9-1a4f711cf598
  6. Is Microsoft enforcement team a bunch of AI bots?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is Microsoft enforcement team a bunch of AI bots?: I just had an enforcement action taken against my account because I put up an lfg that stated, and I will send a screenshot of what was stated in the lfg, letting people know not to spend money on...
  7. How can I contact enforcement team

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I contact enforcement team: So I was being harrassed by someone making racist comments, I was even called the N word .I reported him after the person kept messaging me and I ended up suspended for telling him I don’t care...
  8. Apology to the Enforcement team

in XBoX on Windows
    Apology to the Enforcement team: I apologize for overusing your refund system I had no knowledge that that would be a punishable thing I had no idea I promise I'll never abuse it again I truly am sorry for causing trouble for all...
  9. Why was I perma Banned Xbox Enforcement team?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was I perma Banned Xbox Enforcement team?: I want you to reappeal my ban on my Xbox accounts DustyOrchid057 and LootGoblin4219, as I feel that I was wrongfully banned by whatever system you use that says I'm a cheater, it's a false...
  10. Is the Enforcement team at Xbox healthy for the community and overall business?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the Enforcement team at Xbox healthy for the community and overall business?: So once again I got a strike on xbox and received a 4 day suspension. The reason was listed as "harassment", despite only sending an INFORMATIVE response on a community comment section involving...