Enforcement and Activity History and Case Review Concerns - Child Account

Discus and support Enforcement and Activity History and Case Review Concerns - Child Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Based on the other postings I've seen, I am not optimistic about reaching a resolution. That said, has anyone else experienced something similar to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UndoubledBody34, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Enforcement and Activity History and Case Review Concerns - Child Account

Based on the other postings I've seen, I am not optimistic about reaching a resolution. That said, has anyone else experienced something similar to the situation I describe below, and if so, were you able to resolve?

I received an email from Microsoft notifying me of an Xbox Live Enforcement Action.

Logging onto https://enforcement.xbox.com, I learned that my son had Xbox Live privileges revoked for 28 hours from the enforcement date-time indicated for a "Communication" violation. There were no specifics of the violation noted, only a generic listing
    of what might have been reported. Given the short duration one-day ban, even logged on as myself, I had no opportunity to request a Case Review to understand specifically what my son was being accused of. And I question the legitimacy of the reported
    violation. When asking him about it, he stated he had not done anything like what had been listed as possible reasons for suspending his Xbox Live account. He said earlier in the day someone he did not know had been reaching out to him, asking him to join
    a "party". My son refused a couple of times, telling that user he did not know who they were and would not join the party. My son blocked the other user. I suspect that user then reported my son for inappropriate communications as retribution for being
    blocked.

A one day ban is not a big deal to wait-out, but potentially unfair punishment AND I worry if there are any other bogus reports in the future against my son which will result in a longer and undeserved suspension.

:)

UndoubledBody34, Jun 28, 2017
  2. Xbox Enforcement Team

Where does is allow you to fill out a case review?

All I see is the Enforcement penalty information when I check my accounts "Enforcement and Activity History", nothing to click on for a case review

GetSchwifty25, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Banned?

I was banned for 1 week and i dont know why? My enforcement and activity history says its clean therefore i cant have a case review. please help!!! Thnx

Lord Schleprock, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Doesn't work like that.

Any report filed is thoroughly investigated before any enforcement action is issued.

Investigations take time so chances are your son was suspended for something he did weeks ago.

24 hour suspensions are not eligible for a case review because by the time the case is investigated again the suspension would be over.

You can read about some enforcement myths here

The enforcement team are not obliged to give you the exact details of the offence which is something you agree to when starting an account

Daft Badger, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Thank you for the feedback, Daft Badger.

Do you know where I can find a copy of the account terms and conditions, for my own curiosity? I'm sure I skimmed over it a year+ ago when setting up Xbox Live for him, but certainly don't recall all of the details.

While I understand it is impractical to have case reviews for 24 hour suspensions, I find it strange that paying subscribers can be punished without knowing exactly what they are being accused of, whether it is in the fine print or not.

UndoubledBody34, Jun 29, 2017
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    You can find the code of conduct
    here
    & there should be a link to the Terms of Use at the very bottom of that page as well.

Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
  7. UndoubledBody34 Win User

Thank you for the feedback, Daft Badger.

Do you know where I can find a copy of the account terms and conditions, for my own curiosity? I'm sure I skimmed over it a year+ ago when setting up Xbox Live for him, but certainly don't recall all of the details.

While I understand it is impractical to have case reviews for 24 hour suspensions, I find it strange that paying subscribers can be punished without knowing exactly what they are being accused of, whether it is in the fine print or not.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

Doesn't work like that.

Any report filed is thoroughly investigated before any enforcement action is issued.

Investigations take time so chances are your son was suspended for something he did weeks ago.

24 hour suspensions are not eligible for a case review because by the time the case is investigated again the suspension would be over.

You can read about some enforcement myths here

The enforcement team are not obliged to give you the exact details of the offence which is something you agree to when starting an account
  9. Daft Badger Win User

You can find the code of conduct
    here
    & there should be a link to the Terms of Use at the very bottom of that page as well.
  10. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Account banned and can't apply for a review

"Any Xbox Live member with an active enforcement action may submit a case for review through the account's Enforcement History, provided the enforcement meets the following requirements:

The enforcement's duration is greater than 24 hours in length

The enforcement was issued in the last 12 months

You may only request a review of your own active enforcement actions, and must be signed in to the account that received the enforcement (or signed in to the parent account if a child account was suspended). Prior to submitting a Case Review, you may be
    prompted to complete a short questionnaire designed to gauge your understanding of the Code of Conduct. Failure to pass this questionnaire will temporarily prevent you from submitting a review, during which time we recommend familiarizing oneself with the
    Code of Conduct.

Note: Currently, Xbox device bans are not eligible for Case Review"

From the Enforcement page
  11. GetSchwifty25 Win User

Xbox Enforcement Team

Where does is allow you to fill out a case review?

All I see is the Enforcement penalty information when I check my accounts "Enforcement and Activity History", nothing to click on for a case review
Thema:

1. Enforcement and Activity History and Case Review Concerns - Child Account - Similar Threads - Enforcement Activity History

2. Xbox Enforcement

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Enforcement: I was suspended for talking about money in a Grand Theft Auto Mission Via Looking For Group Posts, and I’m unable to appeal. What can I do? 7bc9cd73-2cef-4750-a3ba-b3f546cac4f2
  3. How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?: I've been trying to recruit members for my group and every time I do my post gets taken down and I get enforced over and over again, I have many enforcements from making looking for group posts...
  4. false reports and enforcement

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    false reports and enforcement: why people getting banned/ suspended for innocent looking for group posts. i made a looking for group post on fallout 76 on xbox saying come by vans corner store and see what i have. i got a 2 day...
  5. How to contact Xbox enforcement. Wrongfully banned account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to contact Xbox enforcement. Wrongfully banned account: My main Xbox account was banned in 2019/2020 and I still don’t know why I’ve tried appealing enforcement never got back to me I’ve called support get turned away everytime. Is there seriously no...
  6. I see enforcement on xbox but on the current enforcement its not there

in XBoX on Windows
    I see enforcement on xbox but on the current enforcement its not there: Hi Xbox I recently got suspended my xbox says I am but the enforcement site does not. 4777b740-63e4-460a-bb7e-24985534aefe
  7. How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?: I can't contact support because the account is banned but there is no enforcement on the account so I can't contact through that either [img] ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Accessibility /...
  8. Dude I got a enforcement ban in 2022 for active feed even though it is private

in XBoX on Windows
    Dude I got a enforcement ban in 2022 for active feed even though it is private: I literally got a ban in 2022 for something that was never there even though its in private too but this really aint a question but why do you get a ban for something you never did....
  9. Xbox enforcement team striking my account down for a year without being active

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox enforcement team striking my account down for a year without being active: To whomever it may concern, I had previously received 5 strikes while not using Xbox services, afterwards I submitted an appeal it was immediately declined without further notice or explanation. I...
  10. How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?: I can't contact support because the account is banned but there is no enforcement on the account so I can't contact through that either [img] e01b0aac-2ae7-4e95-a96a-1bff8c896a64

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enforcement and active history