Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account

Discus and support Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, Today is October 6th, 2023. I have spent roughly 2.5 hours trying to figure out how to enable multiplayer on my two daughters Minecraft java... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ClaytonHealy, Oct 7, 2023.

1. ClaytonHealy
    ClaytonHealy Guest

Hello,

Today is October 6th, 2023. I have spent roughly 2.5 hours trying to figure out how to enable multiplayer on my two daughters Minecraft java edition account. I have tried all the steps and tutorials without any luck. I have tried changing the setting under "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety." settings. I have 5 kids, all of their individual Xbox and MS settings appear to match, my oldest 3 kids have no issue playing multiplayer Minecraft across their devices. However, my 2 youngest (twins aged 7) don't seem to have the multiplayer enabled. I'm at a lost - this is so frustrating - I'm not sure why this is so difficult to figure out. -- System = Windows 11 Game = Minecraft Java.

Many of the tutorials I have read say I need to go to "Content Restrictions" under settings. This option does not exist. Please help, my kids just want to play the game together, and leaving my younger two out just isn't an option.

Screen shot of the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety settings.

Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account [​IMG]

Error Message in Minecraft Java (Windows 11)

Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account [​IMG]

Thanks for any help !!

:)

ClaytonHealy, Oct 7, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello ClaytonHealy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

For this concern, it is best to check the game support guidelines on how to manage a child account. Please check this step below and see if you have already tried this:

FAMILY GROUP MULTIPLAYER FEATURES

If a member of your family group wants to play multiplayer features in Minecraft, such as Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft Realms, an organizer can adjust these settings by using the Xbox Family Settings app.

1. Sign in to the app with an organizer’s Microsoft account, and then do one of the following to get to Settings:
      • Select the tile for the member’s account that you want to manage, and then select the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the Family screen.
      • Select the Settings icon at the bottom of the Family screen, and then select the tile for the member’s account that you want to manage.
    2. Select Manage Minecraft under Content restrictions.
    3. If Minecraft is rated above a member’s age limit, enable Allow gameplay under Enable Minecraft to grant the member an exception to play it.
      • Enable Multiplayer to let a member play Minecraft with others online, even if their account settings block them from multiplayer features.
    You can revoke this access at any time by repeating these steps. For more info about configuring settings for members of your Xbox family group, see: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/family-settings-app/manage-child-content-in-the-Xbox-Family-Setting-app

Note: You can find additional parental settings at https://account.xbox.com/settings. 

The Xbox Family Settings app is an easy way for adults to manage their children’s gaming activities on Xbox consoles and PC. You can modify your family group settings and access additional parental controls for your children from the app. See Xbox Family Settings App for more information.

For more tips, please check this article: How to Manage Parental Consent, Family Settings and Realms/Multiplayer Access for a Child Account | Minecraft Help

Let us know if it works!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cria Lorenzo-del Cas Win User

While I have read this page numerous times, I cannot for the life of me find the page that says manage parental consent and enable multiplayer on minecraft.

Can you please link it here?
  4. Gerard Bonny Win User

Hi Team

i have the same question and have also downloaded the Xbox family App allowed all the setting to be open.

My son can play Minecraft's single player but cant get into our family Realm. which is frustrating as this sister 1 year old can.

i have spend about 4 hours tying to get this to happen NEED HELP ASAP.

regards

GB
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Nicolas LST Win User

Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

I have downloaded the app, logged into the parent account, went to settings, clicked on the child account, and enabled Minecraft/multiplayer. But the multiplayer/realms are still disabled in the Minecraft main menu, as is the ability to turn off the profanity filter from the account settings on minecraft.net.

Is there any length of time I should expect before there is a change? Like a "changes may take up to 24 hours to process" type of thing?

I should mention I changed the settings on the Xbox family settings app from both the main menu where it shows the family, as well as the settings.

Edit:

I've done: Family tab > Member/Child account > Content Restrictions > Enabled every checkbox

as well as: Settings tab > Member/Child account > Manage Minecraft > Enabled every checkbox

Edit again: I do have to go to work so I probably won't respond for a while after this edit. I hope you have a great day. Until later!
Thema:

1. Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account - Similar Threads - Enable Multiplayer Minecraft

2. How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??: I've tried everything recommended, linked my account, enabled the settings on the Xbox site, yet I still can't e18fcb1e-4324-4cfa-b632-fc125b69b40e
  3. When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft: I just got the pack for Minecraft giving me Bedrock and Java Edition. After enabling lots of permissions using the Xbox Family Settings app, I can only use Multiplayer and friend features of...
  4. Please how do I enable multiplayer on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please how do I enable multiplayer on Minecraft: Please how can I enable multiplayer on Minecraft on mobile c7fe4724-4d29-4099-b72c-1d6c686b6565
  5. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  6. Minecraft Multiplayer diabled when all microsodt settings are enabled for multiplayer

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Multiplayer diabled when all microsodt settings are enabled for multiplayer: In my minecraft java edition, it will come up with "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings". I've searched it up many times and every time it's the same response,...
  7. I can't enable Minecraft multiplayer, I thought I found the settings for it but that still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't enable Minecraft multiplayer, I thought I found the settings for it but that still...: I went to the Xbox settings and allowed all of the multiplayer permissions, but the Minecraft launcher still won't give me the option to play multiplayer? It just says to check Microsoft settings...
  8. How do I enable multiplayer on PC for Minecraft if I do not have an xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I enable multiplayer on PC for Minecraft if I do not have an xbox account: My son's Microsoft a ccount is connected to mine. He has Minecraft on his PC and I am trying to enable multiplayer. All of the instructions mentioned going into xbox settings. We don't have an...
  9. I can't enable Minecraft Multiplayer even though I enabled it in settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't enable Minecraft Multiplayer even though I enabled it in settings.: Today, I bought the Minecraft bundle pack including Java and Bedrock and for some reason when I try to play with my friends on Java, I can't turn on the multiplayer option even though it's on in...
  10. I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft: I recently got Minecraft today and it said that go to Microsoft account settings . But once there i could not find where in settings I needed to go. I watched a bunch of videos and they told me to...