Emerson TV won't turn on or off on start up or shut down.

Discus and support Emerson TV won't turn on or off on start up or shut down. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have matching models in the TV setup settings and on t'he TV. I have my device power options set to toggle for everything. My tv still will not shut... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by challengerluke7, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Emerson TV won't turn on or off on start up or shut down.

I have matching models in the TV setup settings and on t'he TV. I have my device power options set to toggle for everything. My tv still will not shut off with the xbox.

:)

challengerluke7, Apr 28, 2015
  2. ThatsSoSMUT
    ThatsSoSMUT Guest
    Audio Receiver Issues

Using an older Panasonic receiver (saht40). The Xbox does not turn it on or off. I set everything up in proper fashion. Tv and cable box work. Strange thing is the volume and mute works using voice commands, but doesn't turn off or on with voice commands.
    Properly set up, but no go on the voice start up and shut down. Please help.

ThatsSoSMUT, Apr 28, 2015
  3. BRETT HAFER
    BRETT HAFER Guest
    Xbox On Command Doesn't Work

I'm in the US, and mine has yet to turn on by voice command. All other voice commands work really well. I can't figure out if I've set it up wrong. There is a discussion of a difference between 'standby' and off. However my power settings only have off,
    off after a certain time, or never off. On the right there is an option for quick start (which I have enabled). Is off + quick start enabled = standby mode? If so mine isn't working. It never shuts down unless I say xbox turn off. Then it shuts everything
    down (tv, receiver, and direcTV). That's all good, but then it won't come back on with voice command. Why isn't there a "xbox standby' command that shuts it all down, but will allow it to wake up with voice commands?

Any clarification is appreciated.

BRETT HAFER, Apr 28, 2015
  4. Kevlr Win User

Black home page screen

Same issues, the black out on start up has stopped now and the live TV is on start up but I have almost no control? Home button works but can't select anything, home button held down to shut down works and I can select, turn console off or turn controller
    off???
  5. BRETT HAFER Win User

Xbox On Command Doesn't Work

I'm in the US, and mine has yet to turn on by voice command. All other voice commands work really well. I can't figure out if I've set it up wrong. There is a discussion of a difference between 'standby' and off. However my power settings only have off,
    off after a certain time, or never off. On the right there is an option for quick start (which I have enabled). Is off + quick start enabled = standby mode? If so mine isn't working. It never shuts down unless I say xbox turn off. Then it shuts everything
    down (tv, receiver, and direcTV). That's all good, but then it won't come back on with voice command. Why isn't there a "xbox standby' command that shuts it all down, but will allow it to wake up with voice commands?

Any clarification is appreciated.
  6. WPAK Win User

Media remote turning off TV at same time as Console

Hi there,

be sure to check the TV settings that controls if the TV is shutdown when the console is shut down, be sure to set it up that the console won't turn the TV off when the console is powered off.

I'm not sure about the exact location in settings, but it is somewhere in the Display and Audio part if I recall correctly.

Let us know the results
  7. Xtr2me8ru6e Win User

Black screen

try to shut down all the electric activities from your xbox, unplug your hdmi cable from your tv and the most important thing of all, shut down your tv also (only standby, don't shut it completely off). Then turn on your tv after 5min, put in your hdmi cable
    and put in your electric wire for your xbox and start it up.

hope it helps, let me know.
  8. DeltaFox93 Win User

If you live with parents and don't want to get caught....

You can turn off the start up sound on both the Xbox and the Samsung TV, if your Samsung tv is like mine there should be an option in the settings to shut off the sound
Thema:

Emerson TV won't turn on or off on start up or shut down.

1. Emerson TV won't turn on or off on start up or shut down. - Similar Threads - Emerson won't turn

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  5. Friends won't appear online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends won't appear online: I'm on Xbox s, I play with my bro all the time with him inviting me in. Recently all of my friends even him no longer show up online even when I'm in a game with them, says last online 29 days...
  6. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  7. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  8. HDMI, Emerson HDTV, and no signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI, Emerson HDTV, and no signal: I have an XBox 360 S and an Emerson 32" LC320EM3F A that just flat-out refuse to communicate with each other via HDMI, or component video for that matter; only the 3-RCA composite works. I've...
  9. Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset? Can I connect this to my XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset? Can I connect this to my XBOX 360: I have a pair of Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset and I have had them for a while now and was wondering if I can connect them to my XBOX 360 S. I want to use them while...
  10. Media remote cannot operate volume on Emerson tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media remote cannot operate volume on Emerson tv.: This is a repost of an older discussion to clarify the problem in the title and to add addition information under the new title. The original post is here...