Emails from Microsoft being sent to the wrong address.

Discus and support Emails from Microsoft being sent to the wrong address. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’m having an issue where emails from Microsoft are being sent to the wrong email address. I purchased something today on my Xbox and the receipt is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Warren Dukes, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Warren Dukes
    Warren Dukes Guest

I’m having an issue where emails from Microsoft are being sent to the wrong email address.

I purchased something today on my Xbox and the receipt is only being sent to the secondary email address, not the primary so instead of going to my Outlook address, they’re being sent to the recovery gmail address which I rarely use.

How can I change this so anything is sent to my primary email?

Many thanks

:)

Warren Dukes, Sep 1, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Warren Dukes!

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you're experiencing this issue. To ensure that emails from Microsoft are sent to your primary email address, you can update your contact information in your Microsoft account. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com and sign in to your Microsoft account.

2. Click on "Your info" tab.

3. Click on "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" and verify your identity.

4. Click on "Add email" and add your primary email address.

5. Once added, click on "Make primary" to set it as your primary email address.

Please see: Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account | Xbox Support

After completing these steps, any future emails from Microsoft should be sent to your primary email address. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. Skully Headshot Win User

It sounds like your billing info may be the culprit.

Settings> Account> Manage Payment option> Update Payment option. Select the card with the issue. (or all cards if thats what you're trying to accomplish..

Lets us know how it turns out.

If this doesn't.

Also if you prefer to do it on the computer.. If you're already on one it might be faster.

https://account.microsoft.com/billi...awers.payment-options.warm-add-payment-method

Should be able to view/edit from there. If you get redirected when you sign in you can always just click the link again. Once signed in, should work, did for me at least.
  5. cookiemamma Win User

Security info hasnt changed after editing profile

Forgot to add, I couldnt verify my new email because I got the following message:

Your email address wasn't verified

This email address couldn't be verified because the wrong Microsoft account may have been entered. Try signing in with another Microsoft account.

Although I followed the link from my email that was sent from my microsft account
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Live Reward emails being sent to wrong email address

For help with the Rewards program, you'll need to post here -
    forums.xbox.com/.../29.aspx

That is really the only place to get support for the Rewards program which is why chat support were unable to help. Usually if you change the email on your account, you have to re-register for the program. But you may want to make sure that's what Rewards
    support suggests first.
Thema:

1. Emails from Microsoft being sent to the wrong address. - Similar Threads - Emails Microsoft being

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  4. How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...: My email address was inadvertently linked to my son's X-box account when first set up (10+ years ago). He now uses a different account, but the old one is still "attached" to my Microsoft account...
  5. My old microsoft account's email got changed after being hacked, is there anything i can do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My old microsoft account's email got changed after being hacked, is there anything i can do...: [img] The new and random email, from russia apparently. 0e4075e3-74f9-4196-babc-c87bdd7c0b97
  6. Is there ANY WAY to change an email or phone number to your Microsoft account while being...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there ANY WAY to change an email or phone number to your Microsoft account while being...: During recovery each time it says it's because of the ISP? We no longer have the old email address. Sooo many attempts to recover with no luck. 41b495d9-f021-438f-9386-e77559b929f3
  7. Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server: Whenever I try to verify my email as required by Microsoft for long time existing email accounts, I do not receive the email. I have two accounts affected by this - *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde...
  8. Microsoft account updates are being sent to an additional email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account updates are being sent to an additional email.: My account was previously under a different email, but I changed it several years ago. Even though the old email doesn't appear anywhere on the account, it is still receiving account updates....
  9. How to change the email on my xbox account to be the same as my microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the email on my xbox account to be the same as my microsoft account.: Hi team, My gamertag and xbox account is under an old email which I no longer use (@hotmail.com). My current email is under @outlook.com and I would like to change my email from my @hotmail.com...
  10. If I make a new microsoft account, will i be able to change the email associated with my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I make a new microsoft account, will i be able to change the email associated with my...: I used my email and Microsoft account to make my younger brothers Xbox account, and he has since used it to play fortnite and minecraft. I now want to change it so he can use his own email for...