Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server

Discus and support Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Whenever I try to verify my email as required by Microsoft for long time existing email accounts, I do not receive the email. I have two accounts... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Joel Mitchell, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server

Whenever I try to verify my email as required by Microsoft for long time existing email accounts, I do not receive the email. I have two accounts affected by this - *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. In both cases, I suspect it is because my email name has a hyphen '-' in it.

I have reviewed the mail server logs, and there is no indication any mail server from Microsoft even attempted to contact my mail server. I can send email to both accounts from other mail apps including using Microsoft email accounts and receive all such communication - except for account verification email. There are no emails that have been sent to 'spam' or 'junk' that are from Microsoft.

My email address is valid, and in the past I have received email from Microsoft to those email addresses for verification and service updates. This problem has been happening for about 3 or 4 months now since my Skype account got 'deactivated; after trying to sign back in after a reboot and now my Minecraft account is doing the same thing after trying to log into my account from a different IP address. What do I do? Who can I talk to about resolving this?

This also makes it so that I cannot update or change my email address, add a phone number, or add MFA to get around this problem.

What do I do? Who can I talk to about resolving this?

:)

Joel Mitchell, Sep 10, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server

Hello Joel Mitchell,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are unable to receive verification code to your alternate email address that contains hyphen. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

An email address with a hyphen is valid and should be able to receive verification codes from Microsoft. However, if you’re not receiving the codes, try th e troubleshooter guide tool provided in the link below. If the issue persists, you may reach our live support channel by pressing the contact support button provided in the link and make sure to select the best option that best describe your problem.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

3. dcomley Win User

Help us protect your account

There is currently a known issue with e-mail verification codes that is being worked on.

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

•Users will be unable to receive Email Verification Codes while making account management changes.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status
  4. ComicLearner123 Win User

ComicLearner123

Sorry if I understand wrong, but you want to delete your email account? Or you dont want to receive emails from a specific user/email account?
    I want to delete my account and not receive mail.

Thank you.
    I want to sign out with the Microsoft community

and stop receiving mail on the Microsoft Solitaire Collection problem.
  5. WPAK Win User

Me cambiaron el correo de verificación que yo no puse y no puedo acceder a cambiar la contraseña de mi cuenta microsoft, ni quitar ese correo que yo no tengo

Web translation:

I changed the verification email that I did not put and I can not access to change the password of my microsoft account, nor remove that email that I do not have

I have a problem with my Microsoft account, I do not have access to my account settings (password, security etc) because when I want to access it asks me to verify with a code that they sent me to that verification mail, but the problem is that this email
    is not mine and that person enters my account and pretends to be the owner and now threatens to steal it from me, and he can access that information and I can not remove that verification email, because if he sent a request of information replacement, I mean
    to remove that verification email that is from the person who wants to steal from me, it sets me apart in 30 days and that gives me time to cancel the request and keep having my account that is mine not yours , I clarify the problem is the mail that I gave
    as verification being that I did not give that mail, that person put it without my authorization, I hope you can really help me I have been looking for days but just send me to that alternative email and or let me make my account private and not between that
    stranger, I wait for your answer

Response:

Hi there,

if your account is compromised, which it sounds like it is, then please follow all the steps on the following support page, it will have all the steps you need to try and take and hopefully that will result in you getting your account back.

This is the link with all the steps:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/compromised-account-solution
  6. ich0 Win User

stuck on security screen?

The verification servers are bugged. Verification emails aren't being sent in timely fashion, either
Thema:

1. Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server - Similar Threads - Email microsoft account

2. How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...: My email address was inadvertently linked to my son's X-box account when first set up (10+ years ago). He now uses a different account, but the old one is still "attached" to my Microsoft account...
  3. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  4. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  5. Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked: Hello. My sons XBox account has been hacked. When he tries to sign in to his email outlook account says it does not exist. Is there anything we can do to recover it and fix it? Thanks...
  6. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  7. I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...: I had a Minecraft account with a username and password, which is apparently now not of use after the accounts got migrated to Microsoft accounts. I migrated my account but I do not remember...
  8. Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account: I lost access to a very old email account that was originally used when setting up my original Microsoft/Xbox Live account. I was able to update my Microsoft account email and the primary alias is...
  9. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  10. Main microsoft account hijacked by rambler.ru email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Main microsoft account hijacked by rambler.ru email.: I was on my pc and i looked at my account page in settings and it was a completely different email than my original. (My original email was an @gmail.com email) I tried to do account recovery but...