Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and...

Discus and support Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello everyone. My son has been using his xbox with his profile for years now, this weekend for his birthday he was bought fifa points and vouchers.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Paps Spurs, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Paps Spurs
    Paps Spurs Guest

Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and...

Hello everyone.

My son has been using his xbox with his profile for years now, this weekend for his birthday he was bought fifa points and vouchers. We had to redeem online . We signed into his xbox app with his outlook and added the points and vouchers.

24hours later they hadn't appeared on the xbox. On closer inspection we realised his xbox had a 1 character spelling mistake for his profile compared to his email address.

So we have added the fifa points and vouchers to his correct email address/xbox app/live account.

But turns out it's not associated with his profile on his xbox.

The account on his xbox had other vouchers and games subscriptions etc. So we cannot delete either.

Any ideas please?

:)

Paps Spurs, Nov 22, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and lost fifa points plus gift cards

Hello Paps Spurs,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you need help with getting the FIFA points and vouchers added on the correct gamertag. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

Based on the details you provided, it shows that your son's gamertag was attached on the wrong email address which is why the FIFA points did not reflect on his account.
    To fix the issue, we highly suggest changing the email address attached to your sons Xbox account to the email address where you redeemed the FIFA code.

You may follow the steps on this link to change the email address linked to the gamertag: Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account | Xbox Support
    After changing the email address, we highly suggest contacting EA Support so they can help you get the FIFA points and vouchers added on your son's account.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Mic not transmitting but i can hear people in party

You won't lose any data or games etc.Once you reinstall everything onto the console all save data will sync. Just remember your password and email address.
  4. ZacharyGramlich Win User

Bing and Xbox

1. I believe it is a microsoft account, it's a hotmail email address.

2. I believe so. It's a different email address that is mine.

It won't let me add as an alias for some reason. I really just want to be able to get the rewards for the xbox on my 2nd account. There is already a gamertag associated with the bing account that I have never used.
  5. Toxic0verdose Win User

wow nice job Microsoft customer service agent

The problem I'm still having is Microsoft or Xbox live keeps sending validation codes to the wrong email address so I can manage my account. But when I click "not useing this email address" I get prompted to type my real email but when I click save a error
    message tells me my email is "That proof is too long or contains characters that aren't allowed". I like to stay synced with my Xbox account on my mobile device so how can I if my real email has illegal characters which is only a (dot.) that seperates a word
    and acouple of numbers.
  6. denis97g Win User

New setup

Obviously, if you create a new account, you'll have to use another email address and you won't be able to access the other things purchased with the banned account.
Thema:

1. Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and... - Similar Threads - Email address console

2. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  3. Is there an email address that I can use to contact Microsoft support

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there an email address that I can use to contact Microsoft support: Hello, recently I was looking into what type of cable my Xbox one controller uses so that I can purchase a new one without having to buy a whole new controller. While looking into this I found an...
  4. Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...: I have followed tried all the solutions offered here. I have tried to contact support to no avail. I realized from a credit card statement that I am being billed for an xbox pass and cannot login...
  5. Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...: When I put in the code for the gift card it told me could not find code or code cannot be found 8bf70964-4a5e-4da6-9cdb-207921cb8d3f
  6. I don't know my password or I Don't have access to my email address how can I sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know my password or I Don't have access to my email address how can I sign in: I have forgotten my password for my x box and I don't have access for my email account it's setup to how can I sign in I have PayPal activated on that account f7ebe7ec-ef83-4b87-8e59-3edc0669e8f3
  7. Don’t remember my email address

in XBoX on Windows
    Don’t remember my email address: I can’t remember my email i used for my Xbox 93bada1f-fb65-4485-94c5-a8a91d572edf
  8. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  9. Two accounts, one email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Two accounts, one email address?: Awhile back I was forced to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account to continue playing Minecraft. I did this by signing into an email address that is tied to my Microsoft account,...
  10. My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised.: My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised and changed to ones I had never seen before. I tried to contact Minecraft support to recover my compromised account. They said they...