Elite Series 2 Controller Replacement Thumbsticks

Discus and support Elite Series 2 Controller Replacement Thumbsticks in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi What I'm looking for is a single replacement thumbstick for my Elite Series 2 controllers - the domed one, to be precise. Where can I go to buy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike L4, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Mike L4
    Mike L4 Guest

Hi

What I'm looking for is a single replacement thumbstick for my Elite Series 2 controllers - the domed one, to be precise.

Where can I go to buy them individually...or even a set of two?

I can find whole sets on Amazon but, like I said, I only want the dome one(s).

And...I don't use eBay so...there is that.

I don't really think I should be combing the entire Internet for a damn replacement part that is a loose component requiring no dis(assembly) for a product still being manufactured and sold anyway, do you?

I think I should be able to just buy parts I want from Microsoft directly.

So, dear Microsoft, can I buy a single domed Elite Series 2 controller thumbstick or two from you that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, pretty please? I'm sure you have boxes with thousands of them laying around. I mean, you sell whole sets of them, so buying only those people need shouldn't be a monumental undertaking, right!?

And, just as side note, why would you sell entire sets in the first place!? It's pretty dumb to assume that players use all of the damn thumbsticks together at the same time and wear them off to equal degrees, isn't it?!

It's like forcing people who need a new pair of socks to buy the socks, but also a scarf, a pair of gloves and ear warmers for good measure! :-/

Thanks.

:)

Mike L4, Dec 26, 2023
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  3. LeGiTxxPunkSteR Win User

xbox one elite controller

My first elite controller broke in the first week, the left thumbstick internal snapped, hopefully the series 2 controller is good
  4. Mike L4 Win User

Yeah, it would be nice if Microsoft gave a damn enough for queries like that to be answered and resolved easily by people who at least have a direct connection to Microsoft. But I appreciate your reply, of course.

And, like I wrote, I'm not interested in buying the entire damn set just to get that one thumbstick I want.

And the replacement part link you sent doesn't include removable thumbsticks so...bummer.

I'm also in the UK so...another bummer.

Besides, I have a two of those controllers and both of them are covered by two and three-year insurance policies so...if anything breaks, I'll just send the whole damn thing back to my retailer and either get a full refund or a new controller (which I had to do in the past two or three times already as the controllers aren't the most reliable pieces of kit in the Universe...they're good, I like them, but they are by no means long-lasting).
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Mike. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Just to let you know, this is a public forum and we are not Microsoft employees.

At this time, I'm afraid Xbox does not sell individual thumbsticks - you can purchase a parts kit which includes a full set of replacement parts. You can order the official parts directly from Microsoft. If you're based in the US, you can buy them here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/xbox-repair-parts

Otherwise, you should be able order the parts from your account's devices page by selecting your controller for service: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Unfortunately the only option would be to buy a full set of parts, since Microsoft doesn't sell them individually. If you go through the service link (https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair) instead of the US-specific link, it should allow you to buy a parts kit that includes new thumb sticks. 3rd party kits are also available on Amazon.

However if you have an insurance policy, I'd say it would be best to make use of that when needed instead of purchasing replacement parts.

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Elite Series 2 Controller Replacement Thumbsticks - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  4. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  5. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  9. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  10. No service option available for my series elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No service option available for my series elite controller: Having problems with joystick drift and it powers off unexpectedly so I tried to make a repair service it let's me choose full service then the next page says no service options available any help...