Elite series 2 controller never connecting and turning on unable to use.

Discus and support Elite series 2 controller never connecting and turning on unable to use. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve had my elite series 2 for some time now and it has been working fine, no issues, I predominantly use it connected to the provided wire when gaming... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by George Canfield, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Elite series 2 controller never connecting and turning on unable to use.

I’ve had my elite series 2 for some time now and it has been working fine, no issues, I predominantly use it connected to the provided wire when gaming but recently my series 2 is forever blinking and won’t connect to my Xbox (series S) even with connecting the wire it just keeps blinking as it’s trying to connect but when I press the sync button on the Xbox it doesn’t acknowledge it and just keeps blinking until it fades away.

If anyone could provide any help would be amazing.

:)

George Canfield, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

What I can recommend is through Microsoft Service Center. You can request for your controller by signing in to this link and adding it as a device using the controller's serial number that can be found at the back of it:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

By the way, after you have successfully completed the replacement order the shipping label will be sent to you within 24-48 hours.
  3. George Canfield Win User

Hi I power cycled the Xbox and it kept flashing until it turns off and would repeat every time wire in or out. I have also tried it on my laptop and it is the same occurrence with the Xbox so unfortunately it is still not working
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Also, if you can try it on a different device such as a PC or Laptop that would be great in that way we can check if it's an issue with the connection on the controller as well as on the Xbox or if it's just the controller itself.
  5. George Canfield Win User

yes I think in fact it may be an issue with the controller and I have taken a closer look and it seems that the sync button is pushed into the controller as I have compared it to my other ones and this seems to be a difference. Do you know any places that could fix this??
    [​IMG]
  6. Francia J. Win User

It means that it's the controller itself, George. One of the steps to fix this is by attempting to update the controller, however, if it's not working on two different devices what we can do is to wait for a couple of hours and check if it will have the same issue and if it is, getting it repaired will be the best option.
Thema:

1. Elite series 2 controller never connecting and turning on unable to use. - Similar Threads - Elite series controller

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  4. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  5. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  9. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  10. No service option available for my series elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No service option available for my series elite controller: Having problems with joystick drift and it powers off unexpectedly so I tried to make a repair service it let's me choose full service then the next page says no service options available any help...