Elite & Forza Controllers - Joysticks Make Ticking or Clicking Noise When Moved - HELP

Discus and support Elite & Forza Controllers - Joysticks Make Ticking or Clicking Noise When Moved - HELP in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased both an Xbox One Elite Controller and the Forza special edition controller, to replace my one and only controller that I ended up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FatalSky9644, Oct 31, 2015.

1. FatalSky9644
    FatalSky9644 Guest

Elite & Forza Controllers - Joysticks Make Ticking or Clicking Noise When Moved - HELP

I recently purchased both an Xbox One Elite Controller and the Forza special edition controller, to replace my one and only controller that I ended up selling.

Upon starting to use the Forza controller, I noticed that the left joystick makes a slight ticking noise when it's moved in certain directions (ie. up, left and right. Sometimes down.) There doesn't seem to be an issue with the stick's performance, but I worry
    that perhaps there's a fault within the stick that will get worse over time and cause issues. Given that I paid almost eighty dollars for the thing, I want something I can trust and wonder if it truly is defective.

Unfortunately, my Elite controller does the same thing with both of its joysticks. That's the one I'm most worried about.

The sound is a relatively faint but audible ticking noise. It goes away after a bit of use -- at least with the Forza controller -- and seemingly with the Elite, but it's worrying.

Is this something I should have them replaced for?

:)

FatalSky9644, Oct 31, 2015
  2. Clicking noise?

@Endgamez, when it's in standby mode, which mine is, I along with numerous people on this forum have heard this faint clicking or ticking noise so I would assume it's normal or all of us have defective consoles.

Mogwai Warrior, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Fable 4 Life
    Fable 4 Life Guest
    Left bumper problems

It is making a weird ticking noise from my controllers after having it for ~2months plz help me ps. Just measage my acc if it's a windows/xbox worker

Fable 4 Life, Oct 31, 2015
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox making a ticking/clicking noise

It does not matter where the HD is from All mechanical (Non SSD) HDs will start making clicking noises when they are starting to go bad.

Your best bet would probably be to try and setup a repair order.
  5. coachbranden Win User

What the heck is wrong with Minecraft?

Sounds like the controls are inverted. Hardcore gamers tend to prefer a control where pressing the joystick forward or up makes the character look down and vice versa. To see if this is the problem: 1)Click start, the small button in the right center of
    most controllers, 2) Move the cursor to the second option "Help & Options" and press a, the green button on the right, 3) move the cursor to the third option "Controls" and click a on the controller, 4) near the middle of the screen will be a box that can
    be checked called "Invert Look". If this is checked, it means moving the cursor down will make the character look up. If it is, move the cursor down one and when "Invert Look" is highlighted hit a on the controller.

Message of friend request me at for any help.
  6. DanMen334 Win User

Controller Sensitivity - A Must Read!

the elite controls, allow for greater settings on buttons even joystick, personal title I have played a lot of forza horizon 4 and the division and gears 5, and you had no problem with the control
  7. Khulla T Win User

New Elite Series 2 Controller Stick Drift like the Series 1 ! WHY !? Unbelievable !

this is my third elite 2 controller and the first one did the same thing with the joystick slight moving on its own if i barely touch it. MY 2nd controller the TRIGGER STOPPERS would not work at all in the third mode. My 3rd Controller now still does the
    slight moving of the joystick again i completely agree for 200$ this should not be a problem.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Instant-On power mode and constant HDD activity

That really quiet ticking noise that you can't hear unless you stick your ear on the console? That's not the HDD. HDDs don't make a ticking noise like that.
Thema:

1. Elite & Forza Controllers - Joysticks Make Ticking or Clicking Noise When Moved - HELP - Similar Threads - Elite Forza Controllers

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about: Hello! My Xbox Elite 2 controller started going bananas recently. It is connected via Bluetooth When playing a game, and moving about, it will stick in one direction, even though I release the...
  6. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  7. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  8. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  9. LS-DPAD WORKS SAME TIME (Elite Controller 2) - Forza Motorsport 7

in XBoX Games and Apps
    LS-DPAD WORKS SAME TIME (Elite Controller 2) - Forza Motorsport 7: I recently bought elite controller 2 to play race games. It was working good on eagames. I even managed to play forza motorsport 7 too did 3 races with full practice. Today when i opened game and...
  10. Wonky controller mapping with Forza Horizon 4 PC and Xbox Elite controller gen1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wonky controller mapping with Forza Horizon 4 PC and Xbox Elite controller gen1: Hi all, I have a weird issue with FH4 PC while using a MS Xbox gen1 Elite controller with a Wired connection (USB Cable to PC). Although the button mappings are correct, whenever I try to steer...