Elite controller shocking me

Discus and support Elite controller shocking me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have had my elite controller for a while know and the paddles on the back have always had a constant shocking sensation stopped playing for a little... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by andrew reeves1, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Elite controller shocking me

Have had my elite controller for a while know and the paddles on the back have always had a constant shocking sensation stopped playing for a little bit and decided to start playing again today and noticed that the shock has gotten a lot worse is there anything i can do about this considering i have had it for a while have experienced it on my last controller as well love using the elite controllers i myself have bought 7 or 8 of them do to stick drift from using them for long periods of time

:)

andrew reeves1, Jan 31, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Andrew, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, don't use the controller, as it may cause you harm, it is dangerous to use it, based on your description.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
  3. Bjorn van Rijszen Win User

series 2 electrical shocks (not static electricity)

I can confirm that the Xbox Elite 2 controller has issues with conducting electricity through the paddles.

I am getting shocked as well.

The Xbox Elite 2 controller needs to be recalled immediately.
  4. Wadski Win User

Elite v2 controller just shocked me

Since there is no large conductive surface on the controller (really nothing other than the charging point) and at the time the controller was earthed via the charging cable, Im going to suggest this was static electricity.

The controller is powered by a very small voltage and wouldn't be enough to shock you. If it was mains power then it would be large enough to give you enough of a jolt for you to know it was mains.

In terms of the controller and the charging, there is very little inbetwee m
  5. WillToDie1 Win User

I didn't open it... I uh... tried to see if I could trigger it again.

And no it has previously worked fine.
  6. choppyseize Win User

Hello

Just so you're aware. If you're troubleshooting involves opening the controller or trying to be your own electrician and solve the issue yourself, you just voided the warranty by opening the controller up. This is the first time I've heard of the charging
    station shocking anyone so I'm not sure what caused this specific issue. I'm not sure what to suggest either since it sounds like you opened the controller yourself. Has the controller given you any other issues before or after this happened?
Thema:

1. Elite controller shocking me - Similar Threads - Elite controller shocking

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  6. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  7. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  8. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  9. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  10. why does elite series 2 controller shock me

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does elite series 2 controller shock me: when i leave my elite series 2 controller to charge, sometimes when i pick it up the back paddles shock me and i got the controller sent to me and the LB doesn’t work...