Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency

Discus and support Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To whoever reads this, I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ADapperFella, Jan 30, 2024.

1. ADapperFella
    ADapperFella Guest

To whoever reads this,

I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue I’m currently experiencing, my right bumper is being really inconsistent and works maybe 40% of the time, it has been quite frustrating to deal with and makes me question if I should’ve spent the £100+ on the controller in the first place.

I’ve seen multiple people complaining about similar issues along with methods on how to fix the issue at hand but most of these would void the warranty I have on my controller so I have avoided doing them entirely. I have requested a repair/replacement for my controller once again in hopes of finally fixing this problem but I’m not holding my breath.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do regarding this issue then I’d like to hear about it because I’m at a bit of a loss on what to do, if this next repair/replacement doesn’t work out then I will be looking into other fixes since my warranty is almost over as well.

:)

ADapperFella, Jan 30, 2024
  2. Loacker Christoph Win User

Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

lmgtfy:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-fix-xbox-elite-series-2-bumper/
    "The notorious Xbox Elite controller bumpers can and do fail..."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/15...-controller-series-2-hardware-issues-warranty

"...The Verge has received reports of the face buttons getting stuck, or the Elite 2 not registering button presses."

here we go

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/elite-series-2-bumper-repair/387f68c4-16f7-432a-9518-1c1ae04d3a3f

I
    tried to fill out repair order, but, as mentioned above, those are the only options i got.

Bumper IS a known issue, as you can see.

Btw., it doenst matter what caused 2 years warranty, it is in place and i'm in the right to use it.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

Elite Controller Bumpers

Yeah the Elite Series 2 was basically improved from feedback of users of the Elite Series 1

Many problems were fixed including the bumpers and the grip that also came loose after some time

Hope to get an Elite Controller one day :)
  4. L2D- Win User

Elite series 2

Hey I have got an Elite Series 2 controller the day it was released and it's a really good controller in my opinion. The only thing that I have a problem with is the bumpers LB and RB. They move twice when pressed instead of once like it should. I try moving
    tabs on Xbox Home by pressing the bumpers and it goes to far right or left kind of annoying at times.

Other than that its a good controller the trigger stops are nice as well and the paddles are smaller than the Previous Elite Controller.
  5. Starscourge Radahn1 Win User

Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

Thank you for the advice,I have tried the app and it is very inconsistent sometimes it works perfect and others it doesn't at all,so I think replacement is the way,so I have the warranty,do I have to register it,then fill that repair form?
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

Hello Starscourge,

Yes, you need to register it first and then use the form.
Thema:

1. Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Series

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  4. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  5. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  9. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  10. No service option available for my series elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No service option available for my series elite controller: Having problems with joystick drift and it powers off unexpectedly so I tried to make a repair service it let's me choose full service then the next page says no service options available any help...