Elite controller return/ Referb broken one returned - Help

Discus and support Elite controller return/ Referb broken one returned - Help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having quiet the experience with my Elite controller, and quiet frankly i find myself out of ideas. Summary: Bought an Elite controller in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by azguz, Jan 27, 2016.

1. azguz
    azguz Guest

I'm having quiet the experience with my Elite controller, and quiet frankly i find myself out of ideas.

Summary: Bought an Elite controller in October, it had a defective/drifting badly left thumb stick. I called XBS and was given a ticket case number and mailing label at my own cost to ship it back for a replacement. This process took 3+ weeks. Once i received
    my replacement (referb) device, i noticed in Halo some really bad (even worse than last time) right thumb stick drive. I called Xbox support again and a very good agent recorded my issue and bumped it up to level 3 support. The response was ship it back again,
    cost/time on me.

My issue here is not only did i buy a 150 dollar controller with hopes of improved durability, i also had to spend money and time without it due to defects and replacement quality control issues. I don't know where to go from here. Halo has compensating control
    options for drift, although not all games do. I am dealing with the defective device at the moment, however it needs replacement and I would like a device in hand before i ship this out....

for the kinect, there is a rapid replacement option in which they hold 150 on my card until the defective device is received. No shipping cost, no down time. The kinect as we know, costs ~110 bucks. Besides my frustration with the quality of the controller,
    my bigger gripe is the servicing of a device that is 160+ with tax marketed to the pro gamer. Im sure others have issue similar to this, as from what i have found this is occurring a lot.

Can anyone assist me here? does anyone know whom else to contact for assistance? Has any one been in the same situation with a replaced device that indeed was broken as well?

:)

azguz, Jan 27, 2016
  2. Xbox repair center broke my controller

Hi, in the returns information, it states to only return the specific item, as you will possibly not get back the same item.

I returned an elite controller, kept all removable parts and packed it in an ordinary cardboard box. I got a returned one in bubble wrap and a jiffy bag.

If your Xbox needed repair, you only needed to send that back, no cables, no controller and no original packing. Chances are it is not your console, or controller. I would raise a repair for the controller.

Njal the Blue, Jan 27, 2016
  3. isturbo1
    isturbo1 Guest
    Giving my One to my Step Brother.. Buying another.

return the console, get a new one with white controller.

or swap out the white casing on a working controller.

isturbo1, Jan 27, 2016
  4. azguz
    azguz Guest

Anyone can assist or advise next steps for me? Xbox has offered to replace the device yet again, this time free of charge. I feel like i was kinda shafted in this deal.

azguz, Jan 29, 2016
  5. azguz Win User

Anyone can assist or advise next steps for me? Xbox has offered to replace the device yet again, this time free of charge. I feel like i was kinda shafted in this deal.
  6. FOXCLAW187 Win User

microsoft warranty and support is junk

Cant return it [mod removed] they warranted my first one for not connexting and this one is a referb and sn is not working i just want to talk to some one not a got dam robot
  7. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Broken controller return.

If you encounter any issues requesting a call back or live chat on the Xbox support website, I recommend visiting Microsoft support.

Once you get to the virtual agent just say “Talk to an agent” and select Xbox as the product, and your issue from the list.

Select the option “Call me back” or “Live chat”, which shows the estimated wait time/queue.
  8. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Replacement controller is refurbished

Yes even if brand new. In this case I would have returned console to the store to get another brand new one when available. If you dont want to wait then a referb is always sent out.
  9. SoullessCodith Win User

Elite controller 2

I have both an elite 1 and elite 2. I am one of the few people who has not had a problem with the elite 2 controller. They will back you for 90 days. If you buy through a retailer you can return it to them because from what I am reading is that some
    of them are broken from the moment they take it home.
Thema:

1. Elite controller return/ Referb broken one returned - Help - Similar Threads - Elite controller return

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?: The Elite Series 2 controller allegedly doesn’t come with paddles. But the box says it includes paddles. Is it just faulty product that needs to be returned? Or false advertising that needs to be...
  7. Elite Controller case not returned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller case not returned: I returned an Xbox Elite Controller for repair without any accessories but in the case provided as the original packaging is designed to hold this and the controller. I received it back bubble...
  8. Returning Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core

in XBoX on Consoles
    Returning Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core: I sent the controller off for repair due to a faulty trigger. This has now come back, but after just a couple of days, the DPad right button doesn't work at all. If I go onto the Microsoft...
  9. Replacement elite controller also defective and I can't return or exchange it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement elite controller also defective and I can't return or exchange it: The Elite 2 controller I bought 2 ish years ago had the right bumper stop working. I discovered that was a fairly common issue and I went to file a warranty claim, alas it had expired. I was given...
  10. Elite 2 controller keeps getting returned unrepaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller keeps getting returned unrepaired: I have an Elite Series 2 that I'm having warranty issues with. The controller powers off when the right trigger and right paddle buttons are pressed simultaneously. That doesn't seem like a...