Elite Controller Keeps disconnecting USB hub

Discus and support Elite Controller Keeps disconnecting USB hub in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason whenever I use my Elite Controller sometimes it messes up the usb hub on my motherboard. I don't really understand what's going on...... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steven Walsh1, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Elite Controller Keeps disconnecting USB hub

For some reason whenever I use my Elite Controller sometimes it messes up the usb hub on my motherboard. I don't really understand what's going on... The controller works perfectly fine on the Series X (other then the really poor button quality, extremely disappointing to pay so much for something that feels so cheap)... But when I use it on PC occasionally everything plugged into the usb hub on my motherboard constantly flashes on and off. I don't know what's triggering this. It does it whether or not the controller is wireless or plugged in and it affects everything on the usb hub. Keyboard, mice, audio, mic.. they all flash off when specifically using the Elite Xbox controller. (The standard controller works fine)

As I am writing this I'm realizing maybe the controller was just bad from the beginning... But it always worked fine on the console so it's very confusing.

My PC doesn't have any other issues when the controller is not connected. Hell, even the DualSense controllers work fine...

:)

Steven Walsh1, Nov 23, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Steven W, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Xbox Elite controller on your PC. Here are some suggestions that might help you resolve the issue:

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your Xbox Elite controller and your motherboard. Visit your motherboard and Elite Xbox controller manufacturer's website to download and install the latest versions of drivers compatible with your operating system.

Try connecting your Elite Xbox controller to different USB ports on your PC to rule out the possibility of a specific problem with a particular USB port. Be sure to use USB 3.0 or higher ports for optimal performance.

Check if the USB cable you are using to connect the Xbox Elite controller to your PC is in good condition. Sometimes faulty cables can cause connectivity issues. If possible, try a different USB cable to rule out any cable-related issues.

Disable power management for USB ports Sometimes the operating system's power management can cause disconnection issues with USB devices. To fix this, follow these steps:

In the Windows search bar, type "Device Manager" and open it.
    Expands the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" category.
    Right-click each USB hub driver and select "Properties."
    Go to the "Power Management" tab and uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. Repeat this step for all USB hub controllers.
    Restart your PC and check if the issue still occurs.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Bobbyjohn16 Win User

Are USB Hubs compatible to the 360?

usb hub compatible for older xbox 360 elite
  4. ale topete Win User

usb gamepad detected as usb generic hud w10

I tried connecting it to every USB port, disconnecting other USB periphericals and nothing happened, in device manager appeared in the section "USB bus controller" as "generic USB HUB" like in my pic (don't recognize it as a game device) I tried restarting and as I told, I even reinstall windows 10 and the problem persist.
  5. RippenHarra Win User

Currently Disgruntled about headset options for XBOX One. Wanting opinions of Other Players

Well I like to keep the side USB open for charging controller in an emergency. I suppose I can add a HUB if it doesn't effect the console in anyway.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Elite 2 keeps disconnecting from xbox one x

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand your Elite controller keeps disconnecting. We recommend trying to update the controller. Sometimes the check for update seems to sync the controller again.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Elite Controller Keeps disconnecting USB hub - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Keeps

2. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  3. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  4. My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one: My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one. I did the controller update and it still keeps on disconnecting f5c6c4c6-4349-4ba3-8930-88169baaeceb
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  6. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  7. XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting: Hello i recently got a brand new XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller to play games from the game pass on my pc wirelessly. But i was annoyed that my controller keeps disconnecting after 5min...
  8. Why does my Xbox elite core 2 controller keep disconnecting from my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox elite core 2 controller keep disconnecting from my xbox?: My fairly new xbox elite core 2 keeps disconnecting in the middle of games. I've tried using the USB which worked for a short time but kept disconnecting in the end. I checked of the controller...
  9. My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...: My series 2 elite controller when when I start console up it's fine. You can remap the buttons, no problem and use it in game as well. The big problem is when you go to map the buttons it asked...
  10. Xbox Series X Elite 2 and factory controller keep disconnecting for weeks now with no...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Elite 2 and factory controller keep disconnecting for weeks now with no...: What I’ve tried: 1. Power cycle controllers (Charged the controller fully, replaced the batteries with new ones on the factory controller) 2. Power cycle the console and checked for update to both...